Just Dropped Persia & Peaches for Boarding :(

Old September 12th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Just Dropped Persia & Peaches for Boarding :(

Just dropped them off. Even though I'll only be in the apartment for
another 2 hours, the apartment feels incredibly empty. I keep looking
around expecting to see Persia meatloafing on the floor behind me. (sigh)
Oh well, they love Persia and take very good care of her.

They're not really used to birds. They don't treat birds, but there's an
Avian vet on call if needed. They're always thrilled to have a colourful
small parrot around! She chirps her head off when the water runs in the
grooming room. One time she even had a company since another parrot was
being boarded at the same time

Persia yowled when I first put her in the carrier. That's to be expected.
But surprisingly, she settled down pretty quickly and was just issuing the
occasional quiet "mew" during the drive to the vet.

I'll miss them both, but I'm getting excited about this trip. I haven't
seen John in a couple of months. He asked me if I wanted to stay an extra
day. Of course! So I changed my return flight and added a night to the
motel stay.

I think the motel where we're staying has a "business center" (or so the web
site claims). If so, I may be able to check in via Google from time to time
if John decides he wants to paint or take a nap or whatever

Jill

Old September 12th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 12, 12:09 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Just dropped them off. Even though I'll only be in the apartment for
another 2 hours, the apartment feels incredibly empty. I keep looking
around expecting to see Persia meatloafing on the floor behind me. (sigh)
Oh well, they love Persia and take very good care of her.

They're not really used to birds. They don't treat birds, but there's an
Avian vet on call if needed.

An Avian vet? Is he an African Grey? Eddison thinks that he is smart
enough to be a veterinarian. However, Buddy the Macaw doesn't think so
highly of him and has learned to look at him and say "dodo."

[...]

Have a wonderful trip and a wonderful return.

Will in New Haven

--

Jill

Old September 12th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Sep 12, 12:09 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Just dropped them off. Even though I'll only be in the apartment for
another 2 hours, the apartment feels incredibly empty.

They're not really used to birds. They don't treat birds, but
there's an Avian vet on call if needed.

An Avian vet? Is he an African Grey? Eddison thinks that he is smart
enough to be a veterinarian. However, Buddy the Macaw doesn't think so
highly of him and has learned to look at him and say "dodo."

LOL! She's a Fischer lovebird. A small parrot, but still a parrot I
was initially boarding her at the on-call vet's office until I found out
they have him on call for the occasional bird boarder. He charges $5 more a
night to board Peaches. Doesn't make sense to pay him more per night when
they can call on him if needed.

Old September 12th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Weeble's sends his worry over His Preshus Persia's abduction and
imprisonment! He will be having dreams of her while she is "away"

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old September 12th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

We're sending purrs that you have a relaxing and lovely time. You can
really use a chance to get a break and de-stress.

Jo

Old September 12th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 12, 1:05 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote: On Sep 12, 12:09 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
Just dropped them off. Even though I'll only be in the apartment for
another 2 hours, the apartment feels incredibly empty.

They're not really used to birds. They don't treat birds, but
there's an Avian vet on call if needed.

An Avian vet? Is he an African Grey? Eddison thinks that he is smart
enough to be a veterinarian. However, Buddy the Macaw doesn't think so
highly of him and has learned to look at him and say "dodo."

LOL! She's a Fischer lovebird. A small parrot, but still a parrot I
was initially boarding her at the on-call vet's office until I found out
they have him on call for the occasional bird boarder. He charges $5 more a
night to board Peaches. Doesn't make sense to pay him more per night when
they can call on him if needed.

I had sorta, kinda thought she might be a peach-faced lovebird,
considering her name. Then again, Persia isn't a Persian either, is
she?

Small parrots have some advantages. Buddy bites very hard when she is
in the least upset, even though she can be extremely affectionate a
few minutes before or after. And the Severe Macaw was named for its
bite.

Have a good trip.

Will in New Haven

Old September 12th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Bon voyage, Jill and John! We'll send Persia and Peaches happy boarding
purrs.