Purrs for everyone getting bad weather

Old January 31st 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default Purrs for everyone getting bad weather

"Granby"
I got a new sewing machine and made smuggles to stop drafts under an
outside door. They work great, problem is the cats think they are fun to
pull around the room.

LOL...I can just picture that....
Puuuurs to keep you warm
Kyla%b

Old January 31st 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Central Iowa has had some cold weather and wind storms, but nothing
like the folks in nearby states have been getting. IL, IN, and MO
have been having awful winds, ND, SD, NE, and WI have getting bitter
cold - all of you in those areas, just dig in and hang on. We're
sending our purrs your way.

Yesterday morning and this morning I woke up before my alarm went
off. I was enjoying the nice warm bed, a warm kitty curled up on the
pillow beside my head, another warm kitty curled up against my chest,
listening to the wind howling outside the window - it was very hard
to get out of bed.

Now the wind has dropped to a mild breeze, no new snow has fallen, the
temperature is up to 10 F (-12 C), wind chill of -3 F (-19 C). Not
too bad as long as you're well wrapped up. But I don't think we'll be
doing any snow-catting tonight.

Dan

We are very lucky in the UK, even though the most southerly point of England
is further north than all the lower 48 states we never get temperatures as
low as you do. It is a bit wet and windy today about 7°C (45°F) yesterday
was warmer and sunny and I could got out in shirt sleaves.

Purrs for everybody not as lucky as us.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 31st 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Ah yes, Seattle, land of never-ending rain. Or is that Portland?

When I was driving a truck Harri Roadcat and I spent a fair amount of time
at the company drop yard in Kent waiting for trailers or for loads. Most
of the time we spent there we had water falling from the sky. But it is a
beautiful area; Harri liked going for leash walks there, even in the rain.

Dan
Old January 31st 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Adrian wrote:
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

..

We are very lucky in the UK, even though the most southerly point of
England is further north than all the lower 48 states we never get
temperatures as low as you do. It is a bit wet and windy today about
7°C (45°F) yesterday was warmer and sunny and I could got out in
shirt sleaves.
Purrs for everybody not as lucky as us.

Yes., many purrs. It's horrible with mega force winds here and cold, could
not have gone out with shirt sleeves here though. I have to put buckets
filled with water on top of my chicken huts to stop the roofs being blown
off ATM.

Tweed

Old January 31st 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Dan are you getting snow? It started about an hour ago and the ground is
covered already. Up to nine inches they say.
news

Old January 31st 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:45:38 -0600, Granby wrote:

Dan are you getting snow? It started about an hour ago and the ground is
covered already. Up to nine inches they say.

Nope. National Weather Service says slight chance this afternoon, slight
chance tomorrow night, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet Sunday night
and Monday, snow MOnday night and Tuesday.

I like snow. Really. Freezing rain I could quite easily live without.
Old February 1st 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 7:15 am, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Ah yes, Seattle, land of never-ending rain. Or is that Portland?

When I was driving a truck Harri Roadcat and I spent a fair amount of
time
at the company drop yard in Kent waiting for trailers or for loads. Most
of the time we spent there we had water falling from the sky. But it is a
beautiful area; Harri liked going for leash walks there, even in the
rain.

Dan

Heh....never been to Seattle but have had several close friends who
call
it their hometown...bet if you lived there with all that rain you'd
have a
helluva lawn.

Yes, you do. But you spend every dry day mowing it.

Jo

Old February 1st 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Purrs for everyone getting bad weather (But its spring here)

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"jofirey"

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

Lots of purrs for any cats and slaves who are having a hard time staying
safe and warm.

On a bright note, the sun came out here today. I saw one flowering tree
in premature bloom, and daffodils in front of one house. I even sat out
in the sun at the park for half an hour while Kayla played.

Jo

Where do you live that it's Spring?
You have a cat named Kayla?
Wonderful name...very close to my name
which is Kyla
Puuuurs to all of you to keep warm
Sniff the daffydills for me, I love the fragrance
Puuuuuuurs
Kyla
From near Seattle Wa

We are in Northern California, just north of Sacramento.

Today it at least had the decency to rain. But its more like what everyone
else who is getting snow can expect in April.

The down side is I'm already behind on my yard work for the year.

Jo

Old February 1st 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Daniel Mahoney wrote:

.

We are very lucky in the UK, even though the most southerly point of
England is further north than all the lower 48 states we never get
temperatures as low as you do. It is a bit wet and windy today about
70C (450F) yesterday was warmer and sunny and I could got out in
shirt sleaves.
Purrs for everybody not as lucky as us.

Yes., many purrs. It's horrible with mega force winds here and cold, could
not have gone out with shirt sleeves here though. I have to put buckets
filled with water on top of my chicken huts to stop the roofs being blown
off ATM.

Tweed

That sounds like miserable hard work. Purrs that the storm passes quickly.

Jo

Old February 1st 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Ah yes, Seattle, land of never-ending rain. Or is that Portland?

When I was driving a truck Harri Roadcat and I spent a fair amount of time
at the company drop yard in Kent waiting for trailers or for loads. Most
of the time we spent there we had water falling from the sky. But it is a
beautiful area; Harri liked going for leash walks there, even in the rain.

Dan

Yep, it's Seattle, where people don't tan, they rust! But you should
see our two weeks of gorgeous summer!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

OT Too much weather Karen Cat anecdotes 4 May 7th 07 05:10 AM
Winter Weather Anyone? [email protected] Cat anecdotes 40 January 15th 07 09:55 PM
Weather mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 32 August 4th 06 03:59 AM
Cold Weather Purrs Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 6 January 23rd 05 05:06 PM
Yowie - Purrs for a fine day with excellent weather! Dan Mahoney Cat anecdotes 13 November 1st 03 09:59 PM