Mini grieving?

Old February 2nd 08, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Mini grieving?

it might be grieving, and it might be a test, you know, bast making sure you
do what is right for fur and bare kittens alike, Lee
Susan M wrote in message
Hi all:

You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.

I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
session.

I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
logical I guess.

O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 2nd 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Lesley wrote:
On Jan 31, 1:43 pm, Susan M wrote:
- but my heart isn't quite so
logical I guess.

Of course it isn't! It doesn't matter how much you knew you couldn't keep Star and how logically it's great that a lovely home turned up for him but your heart still wonders if you could have kept him.

Come on! I was sitting here hoping you would whatever you were saying!

I would have had it not been for Sam. Everything else was probably
manageable but my son's health is a different thing I guess :-(

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old February 2nd 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Another RPCA "religion"? :) (was: Mini grieving?)

On Feb 1, 2:03*pm, "Adrian" wrote:

http://professional-geek.com/persona...ca/rpcafaq.htm

Thanks- I may die of dehydration since I cannot at the moment read
this with a drink anywhere near me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 2nd 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Another RPCA "religion"? :)

On Feb 1, 11:45*pm, Marina wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" *There's a
whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
and no one flamed any one else. *TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
wearing a three three and we all went from there. *It was a fun
thread.

It was 'wearing a tutu' but then one of the Daves (I think it was Dave
G) said it would have to be a three-three for him. :P

I think. Might misremember completely.

No, you got it right. The running joke was "three Daves and a Mark"
in honor of Dave Stevenson, Dave Yehudah, Dave Gercke, and Mark (sorry
dude, can't remember your last name right now, I'll remember it some
strange time period from now) Yowie posted a picture with Dave G, Dave
Y, and Mark in three threes together. I still have a copy of it on my
bathroom door.

Pam S.
Old February 2nd 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 2, 5:34*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
On Feb 1, 11:45*pm, Marina wrote:

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

EDWARDS!!! Mark Edwards. He's almost as bad as all the existing
Daves put together. He has a wicked sense of humor and a dirty mind.
That's why we all love him so much. Though I'm starting to think
Steve Touchstone is working to get up into their league.

Pam S. giggling
Old February 3rd 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:

EDWARDS!!! Mark Edwards. He's almost as bad as all the existing
Daves put together. He has a wicked sense of humor and a dirty mind.
That's why we all love him so much. Though I'm starting to think
Steve Touchstone is working to get up into their league.

Pam S. giggling

I think Adrian has been doing a good job, filling in for the Daves
lately.

Old February 3rd 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
tanadashoes wrote:
On Feb 1, 2:34 pm, wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky knocked over the garbage last week, in a determined quest
for chicken bones, and while I was saying !$&@#! about it, I was
also thanking Ceiling Cat that he still has in in him.

LOL! I think we have a new denomination of RPCA religion here. Those
of you who've been here a while might remember the Church of the
something Three-Three (what was it again?), and the Bowl. The Bowl
is the toilet bowl, but I don't remember how (or, more importantly,
*why*) it became an object of worship. It's a long story, and I
believe it's covered in the FAQ.

Then there's Baha's Great Cat mythology.

And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

It was the "First Church of the Porcelein Three Three" There's a
whole history of it, including the fact that we had a religious thread
and no one flamed any one else. TJ, if I recall correctly, said that
she didn't care if a person worshipped the porcelein throne while
wearing a three three and we all went from there. It was a fun
thread.

Pam S.

It always brings back memories of Dave Y.

Oh goodness, yes. Maybe he'd be our first saint? I still miss him and his
hairy varmint critters.

Which reminds me, I got an e-mail from Dave G today. He didn't say anything
(just forwarded LOLCat pics, coincidentally) but he's still around.

Ah, good times. Will raise a glass for you on Día de los Muertos, Dave Y.

Yowie

Old February 6th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Daniel Mahoney"
And now, we have Ceiling Cat! We're developing quite the pantheon.

Joyce

Ceiling Cat plays a very important role in the LOLCat Bible
(http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Great site Marked it under my Favorites...LOL
Kyla
--and Clowder

Old February 8th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

Hi all:

You know, its really weird, but Star/Hunter is inside my head. I keep
dreaming about him like he's in my house and it doesn't help that I
drive by his new home every morning when I take my son to a class nearby.

I don't believe I'm mentally deranged and I'm not planning a stealth
operation to take him back, I just think I'm having a mini-grieving
session.

I really am glad that he has a safe new home and it absolutely was out
of the question to add cat #3 to our house - but my heart isn't quite so
logical I guess.

O&C are enjoying getting that much more attention than ever ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs for you, Susan,
Polonca and Soncek

Grieving Kitties 2 Callie & Coie's Dad Cat health & behaviour 3 March 24th 06 06:54 PM
Mini me? TBird Cat anecdotes 5 January 9th 05 10:30 PM
grieving loss of pet Mary Cat health & behaviour 19 October 4th 04 12:54 AM
grieving loss of pet Mary Cats - misc 6 October 4th 04 12:54 AM
is he still grieving? Cati Cat anecdotes 8 July 5th 04 07:49 AM