Purrs for a friend

Old February 2nd 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Purrs for a friend

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:28:01 -0800 (PST), Lesley
wrote:

I have mentioned my friend Matt who has asked to be rehoused because
of his chronic epilepsy, which due to stress is out of control. At
last count he managed to get the council to agree he might have
priority becasue of his health problems and his landlady agreed to
hold off turfing him out on the streets while they made their mind up.
Not that it has been pleasant for the last week Matt has been staying
with a friend sleeping on their sofa and only popping back for a
change of clothes etc. But the week did what he wanted it to do i.e.
unwound him.

He got back yesterday and there was a letter waiting fior him...

The local council have said he does not have a case for emergency
rehousing on medical grounds. They are prepared to consider he has a
priority case, which means he could get rehoused in 3-4 years! His
consultant had told him and them that if he didn't get this sorted out
it could potentially kill him so obviously they are hoping to keep
their homeless register clear by having him die before they sort it
out!

He's appealing of course but his landlady is getting a bit nasty over
this having agreed to hold off until it was sorted out she now wants
him out. He won;t sleep rough he already has details of a number of
friends with available sofa's including mine but that's not what he
needs.

So purrs for Matt and also for Tony who is in the same boat along with
Fuzzbutt the cat whom the landlady has said will be PTS if they don't
take him with them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

What a horrible situation....caused by horrible people!

Purrs on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old February 2nd 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
So purrs for Matt and also for Tony who is in the same boat along with
Fuzzbutt the cat whom the landlady has said will be PTS if they don't
take him with them

That's terrible. Many purs on the way for Matt, Tony and Fuzzbutt.

Old February 3rd 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Daniel Mahoney"
Purrs and prayers coming from here as well...
It IS amazing how cruel some people can be...shame on them!!!
God Bless
(((HUG)))
Kyla

You know what amazes me? I describe myself as "asocial", since I really
don't much care to get to know people. I get along great with my family
(my mom, my brother, my adult son, and my wife) and at times in my past
I've had as many as two non-family friends at a time,

I've had lots, any now only keep in touch with one
He's here right now..

but I don't care to associate with people in general and don't *like*
people in general.

Understood

Having to go out into crowded places often makes me physically ill.

I'm sorry
I have to take my 4 wheeled walker with me when/IF I go out..it's not
motorized, so I push it, it has a leather seat and a back rest, and a basket
I can either put on the front or underneeth the seat..I opt for that. I can
just lift up the seat and put my coat or whatever in it. I also put a
brrrrrin brrrrrring bicycle bell on it LOL...I have really bad knees, they
feel like they're broken..

But
even given that I don't like people, I will go out of my way to not hurt
people and would rather not see people suffer. Even children, who I
REALLY dislike.

So how can "normal" people who supposedly care about things like friends
and associates and social standing do the cruel, inhumane things that we
hear about every day?

Good question
PUUUUUuuuRS
Kyla
-Pipps, Sqweex, Fuzz Face & Pookie

Old February 3rd 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 12:42 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

So how can "normal" people who supposedly care about things like friends
and associates and social standing do the cruel, inhumane things that we
hear about every day?

It's called "beaurocracy"- they have rules and they follow them then
they go home to their families etc and console themselves with the
thought that whatever nasty decision they made today had to be made by
the rules and they didn't make the rules...

So true!

I mean it would cause WW3 if they rehoused Matt. Ideally he needs a 2
bedroomed flat so Tony can stay- in case he has a fit and there should
be someone there but he could get by with a 1 bedroom he'll take a
bedsitter if he has to- basically he needs to get out of where he is
and he can't afford the private sector even with Tony's help (Matt
doesn't earn much and Tony's job can be a case of one week he gets all
the hours he can and the next he might get 5 hours all week ).

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Major PUUUURS sent
Kyla
Sqweex, Pipps, Fuzz Face & Pooky

Old February 3rd 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Lesley" On Feb 1, 12:07 pm,
Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Screw the appeal, official channels are a waste of time with this
sort of thing. Get him to contact Shelter NOW, and the local press
if possible.

I've put him in touch with Shelter (they gave some execellent advice
to me for him to base his original case on and he is now contacting
them abour what he does next with his appeal), he's also now in touch
with the local councillor that Hugh was trying to link him up with who
is also a senior Shelter person

As for the local media....problem is Matt is what I would call a shy
guy. He doesn't want a fuss and he'd be fairly mortified if the press
were involved although me and some other friends, who in this case
couldn't even spell "modesty" have told him he doesn't have to go to
the press....we will

Wow...will he mind??

And Jack, thanks for replying I know you're not having a good night
tonight

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PUUUURs that all goes well
Kyla
Pipps, Sqweez, Mosey & Pookie
--in loving memory of Mutt

Old February 3rd 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

This is so sad, sick and wrong IMO..
Purrs, prayers for blessings, and hugs
Kyla

Old February 3rd 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Matt's situation to get sorted to his satisfaction.
Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 3rd 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 2, 4:39*pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
some other friends, who in this case
couldn't even spell "modesty" have told him he doesn't have to go to
the press....we will

Wow...will he mind??

Very much so that's the problem so we're all hoping it doesn't come to
that

Old February 3rd 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Lesley"
On Feb 2, 4:39 pm, "Kyla =^..^=:
some other friends, who in this case
couldn't even spell "modesty" have told him he doesn't have to go to
the press....we will

Wow...will he mind??

Very much so that's the problem so we're all hoping it doesn't come to
that

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Well, lots of PUURs sent for the best.
Kyla%b
and Clowder

Old February 9th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Purrs for a friend [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 05:05 AM
Purrs for a friend Marina Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:29 AM
Purrs for a friend Karen Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:18 AM
Purrs for a friend CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 January 14th 06 04:17 AM
OT Purrs for a friend Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 19 May 28th 05 02:05 AM