Kitten with Terrible Odor

Old December 6th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

Default Kitten with Terrible Odor

FirstHit wrote:
On Nov 30, 9:11 pm, Sherry wrote:

Oh, Cheryl. Jackie is *exactly* the reason I am obsessing over this.
There are
a lot of similarities. Surely this would not happen to me *twice*.
Good Vet took
off for the holiday and won't be back to work until Wednesday.
Mediocre Vet
is covering patients for him. I'm waiting until Wednesday.

Sherry

How's the kitty doing? Were you able to find out what's causing the
odor? I hope things are looking up for her.

FirstHit

A message was posted on RPCA on Dec 5 that it was an abscess in kitty's
throat that apparently had ruptured. She said the cat felt better that
day. I hope we get another update. MLB
Old December 7th 09, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Dec 6, 2:28*pm, MLB wrote:
FirstHit wrote:
On Nov 30, 9:11 pm, Sherry wrote:

Oh, Cheryl. Jackie is *exactly* the reason I am obsessing over this.
There are
a lot of similarities. Surely this would not happen to me *twice*.
Good Vet took
off for the holiday and won't be back to work until Wednesday.
Mediocre Vet
is covering patients for him. I'm waiting until Wednesday.

Sherry

How's the kitty doing? *Were you able to find out what's causing the
odor? *I hope things are looking up for her.

FirstHit

A message was posted on RPCA on Dec 5 that it was an abscess in kitty's
throat that apparently had ruptured. *She said the cat felt better that
day. *I hope we get another update. *MLB

Thank you! I'm glad it wasn't something more serious.

FirstHit
Old December 7th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Dec 6, 4:28*pm, MLB wrote:
FirstHit wrote:
On Nov 30, 9:11 pm, Sherry wrote:

Oh, Cheryl. Jackie is *exactly* the reason I am obsessing over this.
There are
a lot of similarities. Surely this would not happen to me *twice*.
Good Vet took
off for the holiday and won't be back to work until Wednesday.
Mediocre Vet
is covering patients for him. I'm waiting until Wednesday.

Sherry

How's the kitty doing? *Were you able to find out what's causing the
odor? *I hope things are looking up for her.

FirstHit

A message was posted on RPCA on Dec 5 that it was an abscess in kitty's
throat that apparently had ruptured. *She said the cat felt better that
day. *I hope we get another update. *MLB- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, MLB; and apologies for failing to update. The vet theorized
she had a thorn imbedded
in her throat that caused the abscess in first place; but he didn't
actually *see* an object. It
sounds plausible to me because stickers (grass burrs) are a terrible
problem here and cats
tend to pull them out of their paws/coats with their teeth. I am
guessing the abscess itself
drained the day I posted, because she smelled so vile that night. Next
day it seemed better.
Third day, it was even less noticeable.
She was also wormy, which could have contributed to the funk I
suppose.
The odd thing is she never seemed to have a problem eating. She did
have a soft little "cough cough" occasionally, but it was a dry cough
and I thought it was a hairball deal. Haven't
noticed her coughing since Friday.

Apologies again for not updating; FirstHit: IME crossposting never
works out for me. In theory
it's a good idea; and works out fine as long as the topic stays on the
original post. But threads
tend to meander, and people always get hacked off about it. Doesn't
bother ME for anyone else
to crosspost. I'm just walking the tightrope across the shark
tank. :-)

Sherry
Old December 7th 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Dec 6, 9:05*pm, Sherry wrote:
On Dec 6, 4:28*pm, MLB wrote:

FirstHit wrote:
On Nov 30, 9:11 pm, Sherry wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Sherry.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about X-posting. Sometimes the
conversation drifts from the original topic to a topic that is
appropriate for one group but not the other. Then the "other" people
wonder why you are talking about the new topic.

FirstHit
Old December 7th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Sherry" wrote
[...]

I'm so glad she is okay now!