Vet Pet Insurance

Old April 29th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Khushbu Malik

Default Vet Pet Insurance

Hello,

Vet pet insurance is not only good for your pet but for yourself too.
The trend of having vet pet insurance is increasing day by day. Visit
the below link for more details about vet pet insurance.

http://vet-petinsurance.blogspot.com/

Vet pet insurance is necessary. Vet bills can mount up when it comes
to your furry friend being ill. If you're lucky, you'll be able to pay
for each illness as it comes - and it will, especially with an older
pet. Read more details from:

http://vet-petinsurance.blogspot.com/

Often insurance companies start insuring pet from the age of six
months but some does not give coverage to your pet if he or she is
more than of eight years. See more details on:

http://vet-petinsurance.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Khushbu Malik
Old April 29th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Vet Pet Insurance-SPAM ??

It is far better to start paying premiums to yourself - in a dedicated
savings account. I put in $300 a year but I don't use this for routine
vet bills.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 29th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
It is far better to start paying premiums to yourself - in a dedicated
savings account. I put in $300 a year but I don't use this for routine
vet bills.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Yup, I do that too. We tried pet insurance for a bit but it was way too
expensive, especially for multiple beasties (we had 7 cats and 2 dogs at the
time).

Bonnie

Old April 30th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

---MIKE--- wrote:
It is far better to start paying premiums to yourself - in a dedicated
savings account. I put in $300 a year but I don't use this for
routine vet bills.

I do this too, I've done it for years and recommend it. Plenty enough in
there to cover KFC's recent vet bill. I fainted about it as I paid it out
of my own account. I just need to transfer funds back to me and get the
cats a cheque book of their own.
How would this work? Boyfie & KFC have a vet fund. Does this mean they
cannot sign cheques that come from their own account? Do I have to do it,
do I need power of attorney?
Will Kitty not sign for me to have poa if it's not something she wants?
Boyfie will not sign as he assures me he has everything he ever needs here
and doesn't need money.

Old April 30th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christina Websell wrote:
I do this too, I've done it for years and recommend it. Plenty enough in
there to cover KFC's recent vet bill. I fainted about it as I paid it out
of my own account. I just need to transfer funds back to me and get the
cats a cheque book of their own.

Except that if you have multiple cats and more than one of them develops
a catastrophic (cost-wise) issue, then suddenly you're out of luck.
There's a reason why humans have health insurance, if you can afford it,
there is no reason not to have it for our pets.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 30th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

22brix wrote:

Yup, I do that too. We tried pet insurance for a bit but it was way too
expensive, especially for multiple beasties (we had 7 cats and 2 dogs at
the time).

It's expensive but my main beef with pet insurance it that the coverage
ends at 10-12 years, I've even seen 7 as the cut-off age. Just when the
cat is more likely to develop more serious health problems, the
insurance stops covering them.

Old April 30th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

It's expensive but my main beef with pet insurance it that the coverage
ends at 10-12 years, I've even seen 7 as the cut-off age. Just when the
cat is more likely to develop more serious health problems, the
insurance stops covering them.

Isn't that what all insurance is like? They only take you when you don't
need them.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 30th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
It's expensive but my main beef with pet insurance it that the coverage
ends at 10-12 years, I've even seen 7 as the cut-off age. Just when the
cat is more likely to develop more serious health problems, the
insurance stops covering them.

That's not how it works here in the US, at least not the one we have:
http://www.aspcapetinsurance.com/Pet...ans-ASPCA.aspx

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 30th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:38:26 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Marina wrote:

It's expensive but my main beef with pet insurance it that the
coverage ends at 10-12 years, I've even seen 7 as the cut-off age.
Just when the cat is more likely to develop more serious health
problems, the insurance stops covering them.

Isn't that what all insurance is like? They only take you when you don't
need them.

This reminds me of Mark Twain's description of bankers as someone who
would lend you an umbrella when the weather was sunny, but wanted the
umbrella back when it began to rain.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from