Cats on infared

Old June 23rd 12, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Cats on infared

I recently posted the following on facebook

DH & I were playing around with a (very expensive) borrowed Infrared
camera, that has a built-in laser pointer evil grin... Here are the
results (sadly, the red dot does not show up). In order of appearance
are Weeble, Moe, then Bam-Bam (his fur looks funky as his neurosis
causes him to pull his own fur out - his neurosis you ask? He thinks
he's alpha cat and keeps getting his hiney whupped back into line by the
others)

but since I know that several of us don't like facebook at all, I posted
the video to youtube so that you can see it too!

http://youtu.be/xp7xBXRTJ5I

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 23rd 12, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

I recently posted the following on facebook

DH & I were playing around with a (very expensive) borrowed Infrared
camera, that has a built-in laser pointer evil grin... Here are the
results (sadly, the red dot does not show up). In order of appearance
are Weeble, Moe, then Bam-Bam (his fur looks funky as his neurosis
causes him to pull his own fur out - his neurosis you ask? He thinks
he's alpha cat and keeps getting his hiney whupped back into line by the
others)

but since I know that several of us don't like facebook at all, I posted
the video to youtube so that you can see it too!

http://youtu.be/xp7xBXRTJ5I

I love it - "Honey, come see the new toy, an infrared camera."
"Cool! Let's film the cats!"

It's really interesting how the rug stays brightly lit for a while
in the places where a cat has just been.

They all have a certain Siamese pointed look, which makes sense since
the coldest parts of their bodies will look the darkest.

My favorite parts are when the floor looks dark blue, the leftover cat
warmth on the floor kind of looks like a cresent moon, and their footprints
look like stars. Very celestial.

How come the color of the floor kept shifting?

Thanks for putting that on Youtube, it was fun.

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old June 23rd 12, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]

Default Cats on infrared

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

warmth on the floor kind of looks like a cresent moon, and the color
footprints
look like stars. Very celestial.

How come the color of the floor kept shifting?

Not sure why the floor color keeps changing, except that we have fans
blowing the air around, so maybe that was the ambient temp of the air
interfering with the surface temps?

Thanks for putting that on Youtube, it was fun.

You're welcome. We took it outside last evening, to see what the sky looked
like.... not much but all the trees were still releasing all the heat from
the day, so they were glowing bright white.... and all the bugs, birds and
night critters showed up nicely - even caught a bat swooping in to catch
some of the bugs! And the house looked funky, almost like an X-ray as we
could see where the wall studs were. Also, the roof, which had been exposed
to the sun most of the day, did NOT show that it was hot....