Abelard the Hellion

Old April 1st 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Abelard the Hellion

Abelard's whole character has gradually changed since the move. I'm not
complaining, I had wished he would play more with the other cats, but he
just came tearing into the living room, dragging the remains of my bag of
nutritional yeast, which I use as a vegetarian substitute for parmesan
cheese. It's a flaky yellow substance that tastes good and is full of B
vitamins. Main problem with this stuff is the cats love it and I've learned
from experience that it
must therefore be kept well sealed.

I had just bought a supply and it was still in the plastic bag, and I wasn't
able to find it last night when I had spaghetti, but as of now, about 80% of
it is on the floor in a wide strip about 12 feet long, and Abelard is
positively gloating over his victory.

That yeast will stay on the floor until the cats clean it up. Shouldn't take
them more than an hour or so, but what a mess.... Thanks, Abelard, for
finding the yeast, but I wish
there was a little more of it left for me!

Old April 1st 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:57:57 -0600, Pat wrote:

[...]

I would like to know how this works out. That sounds like a lot of yeast
for one little cat. MLB

Old April 1st 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote

I would like to know how this works out. That sounds like a lot of yeast
for one little cat. MLB

There's probably two cups, but these seven yeast-loving cats will have it
gone in no time.

Old April 1st 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"mlbriggs" wrote

I would like to know how this works out. That sounds like a lot of yeast
for one little cat. MLB

There's probably two cups, but these seven yeast-loving cats will have it
gone in no time.

Cats like yeast, it is sometimes added to food by the manufacturers here to
make it more palatable and is sold as an expensive "sprinkle on" supplement
for cats in powder form.

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers Yeast
Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up yourself, it's
exactly the same.
Kitty FC has them occasionally and likes them, they make her zoom.

Tweed

Old April 1st 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

Cats like yeast, it is sometimes added to food by the manufacturers here
to make it more palatable and is sold as an expensive "sprinkle on"
supplement for cats in powder form.

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers Yeast
Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up yourself,
it's exactly the same.

The yeast I am talking about is not the same as brewer's yeast. The color,
taste and texture are completely different.

Old April 1st 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

Cats like yeast, it is sometimes added to food by the manufacturers here
to make it more palatable and is sold as an expensive "sprinkle on"
supplement for cats in powder form.

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers
Yeast Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up
yourself, it's exactly the same.

The yeast I am talking about is not the same as brewer's yeast. The color,
taste and texture are completely different.

Yeast is yeast, Pat. No matter what form it comes in. Don't waste your
money. Brewers Yeast tablets work well. Gives KFC zoomies.

Tweed

Old April 1st 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

"Pat" wrote

"Christina Websell" wrote

Cats like yeast, it is sometimes added to food by the manufacturers here
to make it more palatable and is sold as an expensive "sprinkle on"
supplement for cats in powder form.

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers
Yeast Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up
yourself, it's exactly the same.

The yeast I am talking about is not the same as brewer's yeast. The
color, taste and texture are completely different.

Yeast is yeast, Pat. No matter what form it comes in. Don't waste your
money. Brewers Yeast tablets work well. Gives KFC zoomies.

What "works well" for me as a substitute for parmesan cheese, is Nutritional
Yeast, which is, VERY DIFFERENT than brewer's yeast in color, taste and
texture. I cannot STAND the taste of brewer's yeast!!

Old April 2nd 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

"Pat" wrote

"Christina Websell" wrote

Cats like yeast, it is sometimes added to food by the manufacturers
here to make it more palatable and is sold as an expensive "sprinkle
on" supplement for cats in powder form.

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers
Yeast Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up
yourself, it's exactly the same.

The yeast I am talking about is not the same as brewer's yeast. The
color, taste and texture are completely different.

Yeast is yeast, Pat. No matter what form it comes in. Don't waste your
money. Brewers Yeast tablets work well. Gives KFC zoomies.

What "works well" for me as a substitute for parmesan cheese, is
Nutritional Yeast, which is, VERY DIFFERENT than brewer's yeast in color,
taste and texture. I cannot STAND the taste of brewer's yeast!!

Your cats might, though ;-|)

Tweed

Old April 2nd 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

What "works well" for me as a substitute for parmesan cheese, is
Nutritional Yeast, which is, VERY DIFFERENT than brewer's yeast in color,
taste and texture. I cannot STAND the taste of brewer's yeast!!

Your cats might, though ;-|)

They get their share of my yeast. Believe me. This is not the first time one
of them has done something like this. I sprinkle it on their food as a treat
sometimes, too.

Old April 4th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

If you want to give it to your cats, go to a chemist and buy Brewers
Yeast Tablets, they are reasonably cheap and you can crush them up
yourself, it's exactly the same.
Kitty FC has them occasionally and likes them, they make her zoom.

I don't bother to crush them - I toss them to the cats and it's the only
time they actually try to catch in midair.

Chak

--
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men.