Tomorrow

Old August 28th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tomorrow

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have to
be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he sees his
box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch him. He
stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.
Tweed

Old August 29th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have
to be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he
sees his box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch
him. He stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.
Tweed

Is there anywhere you could put his box today, where it would be out of
sight but easily accessible?

Joy

Old August 29th 12, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have to
be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he sees his
box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch him. He
stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.
Tweed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have told people that Holly develops eight legs when it's time to put him
in the carrier--and Duffy develops sixteen! I always set up their carriers
in the utility room well in advance of a trip to the vet, but they both
react instantly as soon as I get them close to it (even Duffy, who seems to
have a "sixth sense" without vision). Somehow, they seem to know that
"something's up" as soon as I pick them up--I apparently give off vibes of
some sort that warns them that they are on their way to TED.

MaryL

Old August 29th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will
have to be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there.
If he sees his box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we
can catch him. He stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke
you and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that
might be silly.
Tweed

One time I brought up Sonny's carrier and its door made a little "tik"
sound and that was it, he remembered the sound from the year before and
disappeared. Now I bring it up the day before when he's outside and hide
it. I have to stand it on its end, pick him up and lower him back end
first.

Bobble
Old August 29th 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bobble" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will
have to be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there.
If he sees his box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we
can catch him. He stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke
you and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that
might be silly.
Tweed

One time I brought up Sonny's carrier and its door made a little "tik"
sound and that was it, he remembered the sound from the year before and
disappeared. Now I bring it up the day before when he's outside and hide
it. I have to stand it on its end, pick him up and lower him back end
first.

He hates me to pick him up I will have to lower him into it like that.
I tell him it's for his own good, he could get nasty cat diseases.

Old August 29th 12, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:39:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have to
be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he sees his
box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch him. He
stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.

I think it's cute how the two boys always seem to go in together. It's like
a play date.

Betty used to get so upset by the carrier being taken out, that she'd start
following me around asking to be comforted. It was so easy to take her to
the vet...
Old August 29th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have
to be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he
sees his box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch
him. He stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.
Tweed

Is there anywhere you could put his box today, where it would be out of
sight but easily accessible?

Joy

I keep my carriers on the floor of the closet with the doors open and a
towel in the bottom - easily accessible and inviting for casual naps
whenever the cats are so-moved. (They still object to being shut in,
but sometimes I get lucky and the case gets closed before the napping
cat realizes what's happening.)

Old August 30th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...

Joy wrote:
[...]

Last time we went, I kept his box downstairs afterwards for 3 months with
the door open and a nice comfy blanket inside, like your idea of him going
in there for a nap and not seeing his box as negative. He just isn't that
gullible ;-)
He resolutely refused to use it as a sleeping place so I eventually took it
back upstairs. I keep it in his bedroom.

Tweed

Old August 30th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Boyfie & Tigger are going to TED for their injections. Claire will have
be 20 minutes before to get Boyfie into his box to go there. If he sees
his
box he knows it's TED and he is a starfish, even if we can catch him. He
stretches out more than four legs.
Anyway, he has to go there.
Tigger is not so clued up. He falls for it every time. Let me stroke you
and put you into a box. OK.
I've allowed 10 minutes from the moment Boyfie sees his box, that might be
silly.

I think it's cute how the two boys always seem to go in together. It's
like
a play date.

A play date from hell!
I do it because I don't think Claire would take Tigger off her own bat, not
because she doesn't care about him but because she is a working mother with
3 children and doesn't find the time to arrange it. So I make the
appointment for both of us.

Betty used to get so upset by the carrier being taken out, that she'd
start
following me around asking to be comforted. It was so easy to take her to
the vet...

Aww..

Tweed