There was this woman

Old September 1st 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default There was this woman

Collecting for the Cat's Protection League outside the Pet Shop in the next
village to me. I always go in there if I am there as that's where I got my
last hens from, and they are not great performers egg wise and I want to
look at the hens they are selling for 18.99 each.
I don't carry much money on me (I mainly use a card) but I emptied all the
coins I had into her box.
We had a good conversation about Boyfriend and how the CPL paid for his snip
when I was certain I did not want to keep him. She told me she has two, a
control freak and a Diva. and she's collecting for neutering/spaying.

I think she was at least 80 years old, sitting outside a pet shop with a
charity box hoping that someone will put some money in it for the Cat's
Protection League. Bless her beautiful kind heart.
Tweed

Old September 1st 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Collecting for the Cat's Protection League outside the Pet Shop in the
next village to me. I always go in there if I am there as that's where I
got my last hens from, and they are not great performers egg wise and I
want to look at the hens they are selling for 18.99 each.
I don't carry much money on me (I mainly use a card) but I emptied all the
coins I had into her box.
We had a good conversation about Boyfriend and how the CPL paid for his
snip when I was certain I did not want to keep him. She told me she has
two, a control freak and a Diva. and she's collecting for
neutering/spaying.

I think she was at least 80 years old, sitting outside a pet shop with a
charity box hoping that someone will put some money in it for the Cat's
Protection League. Bless her beautiful kind heart.
Tweed

She sounds like a lovely person.

--
Joy

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. -- Stephen
Wright

Old September 2nd 12, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

She shamed me, really. I could volunteer to check potential homes near to
me for them but I haven't.

Old September 2nd 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You've had a lot to deal with recently! What with a broken foot and then
the neighbors from hell. Maybe when things settle down a little you'll feel
more like doing it.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old September 2nd 12, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I find it interesting, checking homes for 'Cats Protection'. I must admit I
can be a bit nosey and find other people's homes can be fascinating.
--
Adrian
Old September 2nd 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message
[...]

Yes, things have been a bit difficult recently, but I really should get
myself into gear soon and do it. The CPL were brilliant to me, they even
lent me a catch-alive trap to see if I could get him inside. Even at the
tender age he was then he was bright enough to go into the trap, put his
foot over the treadle, scoop up the sardines with his paw, eat them and then
reverse out without setting it off. Gotta admire the lad ;-)
Tweed

Old September 2nd 12, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message
[...]

I didn't realise you did it, tell me about it? Do you get training, a list
of criteria, or is it up to your individual judgment?
I think I would like to do it. I've been thinking about it for a while, but
seeing that elderly lady sitting outside the pet shop has spurred me on.
The CPL do such good work and Boyfie owes his snip to them - not that he
appreciated it at the time!
Tweed

Old September 3rd 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Yes, things have been a bit difficult recently, but I really should get
myself into gear soon and do it. The CPL were brilliant to me, they
even lent me a catch-alive trap to see if I could get him inside. Even
at the tender age he was then he was bright enough to go into the trap,
put his foot over the treadle, scoop up the sardines with his paw, eat
them and then reverse out without setting it off. Gotta admire the lad
;-) Tweed

Wow! That was clever of him.

Judith

But how did he know if he touched the treadle he would be caught? He really
seemed to know that somehow.
I think he feels lucky now that he was caught eventually. If I was a cat I
would want his life.
How much better can it get to have your own bedroom, your own duvet and go
out in a safe place to do a little bit of mousing and pretend you catch big
rats (even though they are baby ones that he gets)
Anyone who keeps poultry or pigs will get rats.
I get the terriers in for those that grow up. Now those terriers will sweep
through the garden killing everything in their path and that's why I have to
make sure Boyfie is in the house when they come.
The rats sometimes get away though, a couple of them that were flushed out
by the terriers climbed trees and got away in the branches. Rats are
extremely intelligent. If I use a snap trap they just dig up some earth to
set it off.

..

Old September 4th 12, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message
[...]

I do a few home checks for, Beverly Cats Protection, if they get someone in
this area wanting a cat, they're based around 40 miles from here so it's
convenient for them for me to do it. I only get asked a couple of times a
year.
--
Adrian

[OT] Never argue with a woman Pat Cat anecdotes 3 July 2nd 06 05:41 AM
Two Cats and the Woman They Own Pat Cat anecdotes 1 June 23rd 06 05:24 PM
Plunger Woman! (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 5 February 15th 06 04:37 AM
woman has 225 cats Dave Cat rescue 7 January 30th 06 07:15 PM
Cat saves woman Karen Cat anecdotes 0 October 26th 05 03:04 AM