Do they miss us?

Old March 21st 14, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Do they miss us?

I think they do miss us when we leave the house. Even if only for a
short while. This is an interesting experiment. IMHO, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUkdhzXjv1U

I'm sure Persia missed me when I first moved here and had to board her
for *months*. (Mom made me feel guilty. Who is more important, me or
your cat?) She changed her tune after paying for boarding Persia for
six months. I said you have to let me go get my cat. And some more
clothes from my closet! G

Persia definitely recognized me and had missed me when I got her out of
"cat jail". I could almost see the expression. OMG, you came back! :-D

The spotted cat in that video cried for *35 minutes*. It walked around
trying to find the human companion. Where are you?! I've brought you a
toy! Come out come out wherever you are! G

Do you think your cats miss you when you leave the house?

Jill
Old March 21st 14, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~~
Yes, I'm sure they do. My cats greet me at the door any time I come home,
and that has been true of all of my cats. They even come to whichever door
I enter, and I find them waiting at the sunroom door when I go into the back
yard. When my parents were alive and visited me, they said Amber(RB) would
come running from wherever she was in the house, and I would come in about 2
minutes later. Somehow, she recognized the car even when it was out on the
street, and I did not have any specific schedule that she could learn. My
very first cat was in the hospital for a week, and the vet did not expect
him to survive. When they carried him out to the waiting room, he struggled
and jumped down and ran to me--and that was a cat that had seemed unable to
get onto his feet until then. Holly(RB) used to scratch the door to the
utility room when I was working in there. That was the only place in the
entire house where she would scratch. Incidentally, I fell head-first off a
stepladder some time ago and landed on my forehead. I screamed as I fell
and could not get up for a couple of minutes. Holly ran to me and started
licking my cheek. I am sure that she was trying to take care of me.

MaryL

Old March 21st 14, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/21/2014 12:13 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

I know Holly has been a good nurse cat.

I honestly don't know why people think cats are aloof. Granted, I've
only had this one cat. But she greets me when I come home from the
grocery store. You never know, I might have brought home something for her!

Jill
Old March 21st 14, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~
I think people who think cats are aloof are usually people who have never
had a cat, or they are people who keep them outdoors (not in-and-out) and
don't pay much attention to them. Every one of my cats have been loving,
affectionate and want to be near me. Granted, I have been lucky and really
have not had many cats because all of them have lived to old age, but all
have been absolutely wonderful.

MaryL

Old March 21st 14, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

I've had a number of cats, and I wouldn't call any of the aloof, but
they're all different. Lindy (RB) is the only one who ever greeted me
at the door when I came home, whether I'd been gone for a few minutes or
for three weeks.

When I came home from a trip, Lindy would be all over me. I wouldn't
see Skeeter (RB) for a few hours. About the time I started getting
really worried, she'd show up, make sure I saw her, then sit as far away
from me as she could and still be in eyesight, with her back to me.
After an hour or so of this, she would be very affectionate. Pickles
and Waffles are usually sleeping on my bed when I leave, and when I get
home. They look at me as if to say, "Oh, were you gone?" However, when
I sit down, I usually get a cat in my lap.

Joy
Old March 22nd 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_2_]

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:56:42 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

I think they do miss us when we leave the house. Even if only for a
short while. This is an interesting experiment. IMHO, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUkdhzXjv1U

I'm sure Persia missed me when I first moved here and had to board her
for *months*. (Mom made me feel guilty. Who is more important, me or
your cat?) She changed her tune after paying for boarding Persia for
six months. I said you have to let me go get my cat. And some more
clothes from my closet! G

Persia definitely recognized me and had missed me when I got her out of
"cat jail". I could almost see the expression. OMG, you came back! :-D

The spotted cat in that video cried for *35 minutes*. It walked around
trying to find the human companion. Where are you?! I've brought you a
toy! Come out come out wherever you are! G

Do you think your cats miss you when you leave the house?

Yes, they do. They always come running up to me for a pat and a rub
when I've been out all day.
Old March 23rd 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 3/21/2014 11:56 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Not one bit. They sleep all day. All five of them. I even have total
quiet for the majority of the day while I'm working because they're
sleeping. One time I set up a web cam to see what they do during the
day. Not surprising, they did nothing. None of them showed up on the
cam other than maybe go get a drink of water, then disappear again but
they were always up and ready to eat by the time I came home.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old March 23rd 14, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Mine aren't too fussed as if I am not here Dave is. They don't like us both going out though. We usually get a 10 minute cold shoulder from Sarsi when we come back (Bonnie's more forgiving)

The weird thing is this- our flat is on the first floor and there's a front door to go through to get into the hallway and if I am carrying shopping I ususally ring the downstairs bell to tell Dave to open our front door so I don't have to put bags down and mess about trying to find my keys. And many a time I forget to ring the bell and the door is still open. Dave says the cats can be sound asleep haven't moved for hours but about 3-5 minutes before I reach the front door downstairs they'll jump up and run to our front door and start yelling. I must be just crossing the road at the other end of the block when they sense me coming and no, it's not becuse they're looking out the window

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 24th 14, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Friday, March 21, 2014 11:56:42 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

The Princess Rita misses me horribly when I've gone to work. I'm gone about 13 hours every day, and as soon as I get home she demands pets and treats RIGHT NOW, and follows me around hounding me until I settle down and give it to her. The first time I went away for the weekend, she didn't eat anything and was very upset when I finally got back. Because of that, I try to never go away for a weekend without engaging a petsitter for her. She gets so very lonely, but she won't tolerate another animal around, so I have to provide a person to come in and play with her. And feed her, of course.
Fin (RB) was the sam way. He missed me terribly when I was gone.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old March 24th 14, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I was recently in the hospital for five days and a neighbor came in and fed the cats. When I got home, Tiger "said were you gone?" Sweetie pie was glad to see me though.

-Mike

OT - Near Miss MaryL Cat anecdotes 22 December 23rd 10 03:04 PM
Miss KS? Stormmee Cat community 4 May 9th 06 08:51 AM
Did I Miss Something? Lucy's Mom Cat anecdotes 1 March 2nd 06 03:17 AM
Little Miss and the fan MissysMom Cat anecdotes 4 July 24th 05 01:46 AM
Miss OEJ? ShortTail Tom Cat community 5 April 21st 05 03:17 PM