Things that make me laugh

Old April 3rd 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Things that make me laugh

The way Miranda tilts her head at last 90 degrees when she is watching
something interesting, like a finger scratching under the covers. Her
head tilts and tilts and tilts to the side, and then she gives a big
yawn, as if she wasn't interested at all, no, no, not in the least.

The way Caliban is fascinated by the water flushing in the toilet. He
stands on his hind feet with his elbows on the ridge and with his front
paws dangling inside the bowl, and tilts his head this way and that
while watching the water. He looks so engrossed. Now and then he
stretches out a paw toward the swirling water. Then when it stops, he
still hangs there staring at it, sometimes looking up at me as if to
say, 'Meowmie, make the water jump again!'

The way Caliban scratches frantically at the door when he and Miranda
are out in the enclosure, as if I've locked them out for hours, though
they've only been there five minutes, and how, when I open the door to
let them in, they tumble inside tripping over each other just like
little kids.

The way Caliban tries to outsmart me when I feed Miranda. She eats on
top of a cupboard so that Caliban won't steal her food. I have to stand
on guard while she eats, or he will jump up and snag a piece, then jump
down again and run for cover to eat it. He can do this maneuver in the
blink of an eye. He goes to jump onto the cupboard from one side, and I
put my hand in front so he can't see where he's going. Then he quickly
scrabbles to the other side of the cupboard, but it's so small, I can
just stand there and lift my other hand to stop him jumping onto the
other side. Then he quickly runs to the other side, thinking he'll be
quicker than me. But there's the hand again, in his way. When Miranda is
done, I lift her plate onto the top of the fridge, out of both their reach.

The way Caliban shows his displeasure with me. If he's mad at me for
whatever reason, he climbs to the top of the cat tree, flops down and
starts bunny-kicking the tree while staring steadily at me, as if to
say, 'see what I'm doing to this here cat tree? This could be your head,
you know.'

The way Miranda loves to have the extreme end of her snout scritched;
the bridge of her nose, her whisker pads, the end of her chin. If I
scritch the bridge of her nose long enough, she will open her mouth
slightly and a faint 'hrrrrrr hrrrrrr hrrrrr' sound can be heard. That's
the only time you can hear her purr, but I've come to recognize the
slighly quickening and deepening of her breathing that means that she is
purring.

These are things that set my current two aside from any other cats I've
known, and they make me laugh every day.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 3rd 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
The way Miranda tilts her head at last 90 degrees when she is watching
something interesting, like a finger scratching under the covers.

The way Caliban is fascinated by the water flushing in the toilet.
The way Caliban scratches frantically at the door when he and Miranda are
out in the enclosure, as if I've locked them out for hours,
The way Caliban tries to outsmart me when I feed Miranda.

The way Caliban shows his displeasure with me.

The way Miranda loves to have the extreme end of her snout scritched; the
bridge of her nose, her whisker pads, the end of her chin.
These are things that set my current two aside from any other cats I've
known, and they make me laugh every day.

Awwww - they've rapped you around their velvet paws. What sweet cats you
have :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old April 3rd 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:30:36 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

[...]

I know the feeling. My two make me laugh all the time. Stinky always
made me laugh, he's a natural clown. But Dante is one, too, and the
two of them make me laugh almost every time I look at them. I've said
before, having them in the house is like having the Three Stooges.
"Aw, a wise guy, eh?" bop! boink! bing! bang! whooooosssshhh!"

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 3rd 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
[...]

Why does this remind me of the song, "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on
kittens" I love when Persia tilts her head up for scritches too. And I
thank every day she decided to make me her owner. I have no idea why she
did, but she did, and it's joyful! I keep the lid on the toilet down,
though. She likes to watch the water when I'm in the shower. Of course she
has to tell me I'm doing it all wrong and lick the water off my legs when I
step out.

Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Marina wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the earworm, Jill. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
[...]

Thats the sound from Sound of Music, right?
I kept the lid down on the toilet too as many times things fell in there.
Rusty was startled sometimes by the noise of a flushing toilet. He is not
a brave cat by any means. Both of us are scared of thunder.
Glad to hear you survive the tornado. This morning's news said lots of
damage
in Tennesee

Winnie

Winnie
Jill

Old April 3rd 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Heh. Our furbabies sure make life worth living, eh?
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 4th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What characters! I love Caliban's way of expressing anger. Smudge
just sulks (which I find amusing, too). Also his fascination with
the flushing toilet, moving his head back and forth to watch the
water go down. Also, does Miranda ever topple over when she's
tilting her head like that?

Joyce

Marina wrote:

[...]

To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.
Old April 4th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Adrian A wrote:

Why does this remind me of the song, "Raindrops on roses and whiskers
on kittens" I love when Persia tilts her head up for scritches too.
Jill

Thanks for the earworm, Jill. ;-)

I have streaming audio going on in the background while reading email
and newsgroups, which helps a lot in this regard.

Joyce