TIGGY'S BABES UPDATE

Old April 4th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

Default TIGGY'S BABES UPDATE

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:45:22 -0700, sheelagh wrote:

I just received these photos of the kittens from their foster Grandma.
We haven't got round to visiting them today, so I think I might leave
it for tonight & go and see them in the morning.
They are growing so fast and look bigger every time I see them, even
though I see them on a near every day basis.

Looking at them, it would appear that we only have one pure Birman,
and the other two are Ragdoll Birman x kittens. I have started to
think about finding new slaves for them. I prefer to get to know their
potential slaves a little while before they go to their new homes. We
start with me going to meet them first, then If I think we have the
right slave available, we invite them to come and meet the Kitty's
which is a bit of a nightmare this time round, because they are not @
home with us....
I definately miss them underfoot, but couldn't ask for a kinder foster
mum and Grandma.
We are trying very hard, not to fall in love with them.. which is
rather hard to be honest...

Having said that, their foster grandma is very accommodating & agrees
with our method, so she has told us that as long as she knows when we
are inviting them, that we are welcome to bring them around to meet
the Kitties whenever we want to during day time rather than evenings.
(quite understandable really!)

Paddy is going to be a seal point, Poppy is going to be a blue point
and Pinky is going to be a seal Bi-Colour point.
Their feline foster mummy is doing a fantastic job with them & they
love their step brother and sister dearly too. They are just at the
stage where they are starting to rough & tumble with each other, &
they all meow pitiously when mummy is gone too long and it is dinner
time
( as far as they are concerned, lol;o)

Wizard's family are coming to meet them all tomorrow. I asked them if
they would like to and they got back to me this morning to say that
they would never be able to replace Wizard, but they felt that they
have a gap with no-where to lavish the love they have to spare, which
is quite understandable... So we are kind of hoping that one of the
kittens will allow them to fall in love with him or her.
There is no family more deserving than they are, that is for sure!
It would also save me the trouble of looking for a good slave for one
of the other two left over.

They are sooo cuddlesome
S;o)

Perhaps it will take three kittens to replace the vacant space that Wizard
left! It would be nice if they could stay together. Best wishes. MLB

Old April 5th 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

[...]

----------
They are so adorable that I've certainly fallen in love with them. I just
want to snuggle them through my monitor... but I am thinking I missed part
of the story...

I thought I recalled that there were four kittens rather than three (and I
don't recall that you posted that anything bad happened to any of Tiggy's
kittens), and I also thought you were planning to give one of the kittens to
your daughter (who was going to also pick out a moggie kitten from the local
shelter, so the two kittens could be raised together). I also thought you
said that before they were born, the (four?) kittens had been spoken for by
various slaves. I hope I'm not confusing Tiggy's kittens with Belle's
kittens :-(

Am I going crazy or just a little confused?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Now,

Old April 5th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Apr 4, 2:45�pm, "sheelagh" wrote:
[...]

Are they any relation to Ringo? I'll bet every cat in your
neighborhood is related to Ringo. All male cats are ally cats at
heart. Didn't you know that? Even if you chop their ballz off, the
still love to roam, get into trouble and fight. Just like a certain
race of people that I know of.

IBen Getiner

Old April 5th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 5 Apr, 07:35, "cindys" wrote:
"sheelagh" wrote in message

oups.com...

snip

[...]

Now,- Hide quoted text -

Your neither confused nor crazy either. It is my fault in fact!
The kittens that I showed you were the spare kittens.
I have added a few more photos so that you can see why it didn't tally
in your mind.

As you mention, Katie, my daughter wanted one of the last litter & she
has chosen Panda to go with her tuxedo kitten, called Pebbles. The
only reason I omitted her in the line up is because he was already
spoken for. Panda is going to be a blue colour point kitten..

Occasionally, If I show photo's, I get people contacting me to ask if
I would sell one to them, & it can be kind of embarrassing having to
say, I am sorry but that one is not for sale.
This time, I have added all of the photos so that you can see all of
them. Some of them are not very good quality ones though, because I
didn't take them with my own camera...

( which my son kindly borrowed and brought back not working; it won't
focus..Typical of them, isn't it?!!)

I am just going to have to invest in a new one I guess. I hate having
no camera when we have a litter of kittens, because I try to take
photos of them on a regular basis so that when their new slaves choose
them, I can offer them a little folder of "My Kitty," for birth
forward.

All of the slaves that I had lined up, I have had to pass on to other
breeders that I know, because I can't offer them a pure breed Birman
or Ragdoll, because I can't be certain of who the father of each one
is., so it would be wrong of me to pretend I did.
It is a pity in a way because I had got to know a couple of them quite
well. I am rather hoping that they will stay in touch anyway..

Tahnee, was doing a wonderful job when we took Wizard's new mummy and
daddy around to see them today. I wasn't sure whether it was going to
go really well, or more like a lead balloon. Fortunately, things went
very well indeed & they fell in love with Paddy, who is going to be a
seal point mitted boy. I think that they have made the right choice,
because he is a bouncy little babe and full of fun too. They have 3
kids, so he will have plenty of slaves to keep him occupied. They have
asked if the kids can come and meet him tomorrow, & I have agreed to
meet them @ Grandma's @ 10 am. I think that they will be happy with
mum & Dad's choice. I'm ever so pleased that they did choose one in
the end;o)

It feels nice to know that he will remain in the village, but he will
now be an indoor only cat. I can't blame them really....
I would too after what they have been through.

It is hard to explain to someone who doesn't live in the UK, how
normal it is to allow your cat to go out.
I would never do it again after what happened to Ringo, but in
general, It is a shame that you can't allow them out for fear of
shooting them..!!
It's Easter break over here & the kids are wanting to chat to friends
over the net, so I will have to log in later and read and answer
posts..
Only one more week and counting, lol;o)

S;o)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...INKYPOPPYPANDA