Pickles!

Old March 14th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Pickles!

Kreisleriana wrote:

Do you know this Pickles?

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Cat-Can-R.../dp/0064440389

This is an absolutely delightful little book I remember from childhood.
Pickles is a troublemaker until he is adopted by a firehouse, when he
becomes a hero.

Hey, that does look familiar. Maybe one of my friends lent it to me when
I lived in the US. The cat book I do remember reading over there is The
Cat in the Hat.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 14th 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana drtATearthlink.net wrote:

Do you know this Pickles?

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Cat-Can-R.../dp/0064440389

This is an absolutely delightful little book I remember from childhood.
Pickles is a troublemaker until he is adopted by a firehouse, when he
becomes a hero.

Awww, that's adorable! I'm very tempted to buy that.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 15th 09, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Mar 13, 2:08*am, Baird Stafford wrote:
In article ,

*"Joy" wrote:

snip

Next time I have to take her, I'll use the carrier I was given with her and
Waffles. *I hate to use it, because it's very heavy. *However, it's wood and
metal, and very sturdy. *I don't *think* she can break out of it.

If it has a "window," you might try putting it on the front seat in a
position that will allow her to see you through it. *My cat-people have
always done better in carriers if they knew I was right there.

Baird

The first carrier she destroyed did have a "window", which I put
facing me. I always put the cat carrier in the front seat, with the
seat belt through the handle.

Joy
Old March 15th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

That sounds sooo good! Unfortunately, it's too hard for me to get in,
and especially out of, the tub, so I'm stuck with showers now.

Joy

On Mar 13, 5:29*am, "Christine Burel" wrote:
Sounds like you need some stress-relieving bubble bath after that trip!
Christine"Joy" wrote in message

Pickles will be the death of me yet! *Yesterday she figured out how to get
out the cat door. *She went out for a few minutes, and then came back in
for the rest of the day. *Today she went out again. *I saw her looking in
the sliding glass door. *I thought she might want in, so I got up to let
her in. She ran - and came in the cat door.

She was due to have her second two worming pills. *Unlike Waffles, she is
not at all easy to pill. *The vet tech had told me that if I had trouble
giving her the pills, I should bring her in and they'd do it for me. *I
did have trouble, so I took her in, along with the pills. *When I put her
in the car, she started a plaintive little "poor me" mew. *When that
didn't work, she started cussing up a blue streak, and scrabbling wildly
in the carrier. She had ruined the last carrier I had, breaking out of it.
I got new ones, but they have mesh sides, and I was afraid she'd destroy
them too, so I took her in a cardboard carrier that didn't give her any
purchase to chew her way out.

She acted very meek at the vet's office, but as soon as we started home,
she burst out the end of the carrier. *She stood up on the seat to look
out the window. *Then she went into the back seat. *At one point, she got
into my lap and stood up with her front paws on the dashboard to look out
the windshield. *I moved her at once. *I opened the top of the box, hoping
she'd settle down in it. *She did for a couple of minutes, then jumped in
the back seat. *Luckily it wasn't along drive. *When I got home, I waited
until she came into the front seat so I could take her in. *Even though
she knows how to use the cat door, I didn't want to turn her loose
outside. *I fully expected her to go out the second I let her go, though.
Instead, she sniffed noses with Waffles, then settled down on "her" bed -
for about five minutes. *Then she came in to where I was sitting at the
computer and demanded attention. *She's done that repeatedly for the rest
of the day.

Next time I have to take her, I'll use the carrier I was given with her
and Waffles. *I hate to use it, because it's very heavy. *However, it's
wood and metal, and very sturdy. *I don't *think* she can break out of it.

Joy

--

Dogs look up to you; cats look down on you; pigs treat you as an equal.
-- Winston Churchill- Hide quoted text -

Old March 15th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Mar 13, 11:57*am, wrote:
Joy wrote:

* Next time I have to take her, I'll use the carrier I was given with her and
* Waffles. *I hate to use it, because it's very heavy. *However, it's wood and
* metal, and very sturdy. *I don't *think* she can break out of it.

You might want to try a plastic carrier. They're quite sturdy and a cat
can't break out of one, but much lighter weight than wood and metal. (Mine
has a metal mesh door - not like screen mesh, it's hard metal that a cat
wouldn't be able to break. And they're not too expensive either.

--
Joyce * ^..^

I'll look for one.

Joy

Pickles visits the vet Joy Cat anecdotes 5 February 25th 09 08:19 PM
Waffles and Pickles - Day 6 Joy Cat anecdotes 2 February 8th 09 12:48 AM
Pickles---Yuck Granby Cat community 9 August 8th 07 02:04 AM
Pickles can count to 5! BARB_IS_FREAK Cat health & behaviour 7 March 16th 06 03:54 PM
Pickles JGart95484 Cat rescue 2 September 20th 04 11:05 PM