I'm Sorry

Old July 30th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default Food I'm Sorry

"Suz" ...
On Jul 27, 5:56?am, "Yowie"

On Jul 26, 9:05 am, Suz On Jul 25, 8:09?am, Will in New Haven

:
On Jul 24, 10:10?pm,
Will in New Haven
? I know an atheist who has been straight and then gay and then
? straight. She''s not much for introspection, so she doesn't
really ? know why she changed. Twice. Possibly three times
because she kind of ? remembers being attracted to other girls in
her childhood. Besides ? being an atheist, she is the one person
I know who does not care what ? society or anyone else thinks.
Oddly enough, she has never been, or ? thought of herself as,
bisexual.

Bisexuality used to be a tough identity to claim back when there
was
a lot more hostility between straight and gay communities. Nobody
accepted them - the straight folks still thought of them as
deviants, and the gay folks thought of them as "sellouts", trying
to pass as straight, whatever. So a lot of people who really were
bisexual didn't want to say so in so many words. I wonder if that
could be the case with your friend? Or maybe she just didn't care
about "labels".

The one thing she has been consistenta about has been monogamy. I
think that is what keeps her from thinking herself bisexual. Her
first straight period lastef for one long relationship, her gay
period lasted for two and she is now going with the second guy in
her latest straight period. She did encounter hostility from her
Lesbian associates when she started going out with guys again.
However, hostility and disaproval don't bother her. She considers
Chicago-style pizza her only actual perversion. In the New Haven
area, that IS pretty queer.

--
Will in New Haven- Hide quoted text -

I confess that despite living in New England for 10 years I am
bipizza. I can go either way. Kalamazoo isn't far from Chicago. I
lived there 18 years.

Suz&Spicey- Hide quoted text -

Yowie, Chicago pizza is made in a pie pan with a thick crust and
layers of ingredients; an East Coast/New York pizza has a thin crust
and few ingrediants.
Yup just replied to myself ;o)

Okaaaayyyy.....

On the whole I think us Aussies prefer pizza with lots of ingredients. But
we get the choice of 'pan pizza' 'standard' or 'thin' from most chain
pizza
companies (like Pizza Hut, Eagle Boys and Dominos), and the option extras
seem to have some sort of crust filling as well.

We also have "trattorias" that tend to be run by Italian families
(although
the local one is run by a Spanish family) where they make their own simple
Italian foods (pasta, veal scallapina, pollo e funghi etc etc). They make
their own pizza crusts, and they are different again, more like a dense
bread, but vary from place to place.

Yowie
("All RPCA thread drift eventually drifts to food")-

Talking about food usually lightens things up after a serious subject
is discussed.
Suz&Spicey

Yes, yes it does...now I'm hungry. 2 pm and haven't had breakfast yet.
Hug
Kyla
--finishing off my yummy latte DH made me

Old July 30th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default I'm Sorry

Granby, I was raised as a Mormon, and they are very anti-Gay, so I decided I
didn't want to be a Mormon any more, because of that, and other reasons as
well. I've had many gay men friends whom I've loved dearly, and I know of at
least one that has died. This was back in the early 80's. I have nothing
against Gays myself. They make the best friends and are some of the nicest
people I've met. Very loving people IMO. I loved it when Calif passed the
Gay marriage law recently, and was so happy to see the 2 women in their 80's
who had been together for over 50 years, get married.
Everyone deserves to be happy.
Hug
Kyla

"Granby"
One of the most interesting people I have as a friend is gay. I was
raised southern Baptist, which explains a lot to some of you, and if
anyone had ever told me I would have such a friend I would have said they
were nuts. I thank God I have him as a friend and have spent many hours
in conversations I would have had with no one else. When there is
something I want to learn about and some would say, you can't see, you
don't need to go into that, he doesn't and sends me all sort of websites
to learn from.

You either like a person or you don't, as long as they don't eat homoney
(?) that white puffed corn stuff, I don't think there is many people you
can't learn something from.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 7:30 pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
wrote:
I probably meet more women and you probably meet more men, though.
Maybe
it's different?

Well, two of my best friends are lesbians, though I don't think we've
ever talked about this particular issue.

Back in the 1970s, a lot of women claimed that being a lesbian was a
choice - a *good* choice, the only reasonable choice in a sexist
world,
and so on. I don't know how old you are, Victor, but do you remember
the phrase "Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice"?

I think I've heard that phrase... it's funny! I'm 36, btw, and I have
only lived in the US since '95.

I think Will is correct that the factors which go into creating a
person's sexual orientation are complex. They're also not all that
well
understood. But that's still different from saying it's a "choice", as
though one is deciding what to wear in the morning.

I've known I was gay since way before I had a sex drive. So did Tom.
We're talking kindergarden age here.

As far as the "ex-gays" go... what can I say? If their religious beliefs
are strong enough to make them deny their nature and live as something
else... well, it's certainly their choice.

I know an atheist who has been straight and then gay and then
straight. She''s not much for introspection, so she doesn't really
know why she changed. Twice. Possibly three times because she kind of
remembers being attracted to other girls in her childhood. Besides
being an atheist, she is the one person I know who does not care what
society or anyone else thinks. Oddly enough, she has never been, or
thought of herself as, bisexual.

On the other hand, considering her in any way typical of _anything_
would be bizarre.
--
Will in New Haven

Old July 30th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Ping Kyla

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

The repurcussions would be nothing if it were not for malice. Nothing
she said had to be addressed but for the desire to one-up someone. Why
would anyone need to "vent" in response to her post? It wasn't an
attack and it wasn't malicious. If it was ill-judged or "bad form" who
cares.

I'm going back to where the cats do the posting for awhile. But not a
long while. So their is no point in relaxing.

--
Will in New Haven

well said Will I am trying to keep quiet but a few are asking for it
but I agreed to keep the peace

What malice, Matthew? Please tell me what posts have been "malicious" to
Kyla (other than Joyce's which others have already discussed to death)....

Malicious ~adjective

1. full of, characterized by, or showing malice; malevolent; spiteful.
2. Law. vicious, wanton, or mischievous in motivation or purpose.

How is it "malicious" to ask Kyla to stop her dramatics - or to ask her to
stop sending weird letters to dying relatives?

All I've seen here are people *honestly* answering Kyla's questions
because she seems to be genuinely puzzled why *everyone* here is not
petting her and telling her it's perfectly OK to make unsolicited,
personal advances.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lori no offense did I mention you or anyone else. I believe you took the
word malicious out of context for will aid it was not malicious on her part.

My problem with the others is it needs to be let go and people move on.
Some one made a mistake like a lot of others here have done and still do on
a daily basis. People out here have done way worse and it looks like a
bandwagon happened here.

I just want this thread to die. I like Kyla I think she is a very wonderful
person with a big heart. This all started over a simple mistake or
misjudgment than it turned into a freak show and I am ashamed of a few
people here.

When my spirit died one of the few things that brightened my day was a
simple letter from her saying how sorry she was that he passed and she gave
me a psalms card. I keep that card in my wallet and when I feel like
breaking down into tears I look at that card and thanks the powers above
that a total stranger had the heart to care about someone else. I know a
lot of people do out here on the group cares about the members but she was a
new person than and reached out.

I appreciated what everyone said when Spirit died please don't take that
statement above wrong I keep each of your replies stored and each of your
replies mean the world to me.

I am not going to start naming names or saying bad things about anyone. I
don't want to fight. I don't want to say bad things. I just want peace and
quiet.

Just start another thread let this one fade away as a black eye does it has
gone on to long

Old July 30th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default Peace Ping Kyla

"Matthew"

"CatNipped"
"Matthew"
[...]

Thank you for saying that Matthew. I'm glad you keep the Psalm card with
you.
And I'm glad it helps you.

I appreciated what everyone said when Spirit died please don't take that
statement above wrong I keep each of your replies stored and each of your
replies mean the world to me.

I am not going to start naming names or saying bad things about anyone. I
don't want to fight. I don't want to say bad things. I just want peace
and quiet.

Just start another thread let this one fade away as a black eye does it
has gone on to long

Thank you Matthew. I feel the same way. I don't want to cause
trouble/fight here and I also want to keep the peace, just like yourself.
I really enjoy it here.
Hugs and Purrs
Kyla

Old July 31st 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

"Suz" wrote:

Yowie wrote:

On the whole I think us Aussies prefer pizza with lots of ingredients. But
we get the choice of 'pan pizza' 'standard' or 'thin' from most chain
pizza companies (like Pizza Hut, Eagle Boys and Dominos), and the
option extras seem to have some sort of crust filling as well.

Talking about food usually lightens things up after a serious subject
is discussed.
Suz&Spicey

Yes, yes it does...now I'm hungry. 2 pm and haven't had breakfast yet.

Incidentally, you folks are to blame (or credit, depending on how you look
at it) for the fact that I had a 16" pizza a couple of nights ago. After
I read this thread, no other dinner was acceptable. (I did share the pizza
with a friend who came over for dinner, in case you're wondering! )

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The operative word for stopping a thred is to STOP posting on it.
"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

"Matthew"

"CatNipped"
"Matthew"

Old July 31st 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

You're right Granby, but there were some subjects that I was interested in,
like talking about Gays and pizza, for instance.
I'll just delete the whole blasted thing
Hug, love and peace to you all
Kyla

"Granby" The operative word for stopping a thred is to STOP posting on it.
"Kyla =^. .^=`"
"Matthew"

"CatNipped"
"Matthew"

Old July 31st 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

You're right Granby, but there were some subjects that I was
interested in, like talking about Gays and pizza, for instance.

What about gay pizza?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 4:40 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

[...]

Your reference to "others" is pretty vague. Since NO ONE has even made
a reference to Kyla in the last seven days, until she brought it up
today,

---------------------------------
Thank you! I guess it's perfectly all right to tell long-time members of
this group to stop what *she* started, but it's not OK for us to tell *her*
to stop what *she* started!
---------------------------------

I am looking at today's posts to see what in the world you're talking
about. I don't see a bandwagon, I don't see any malice. What I saw
was a group who indeed did "move on" from an unpleasant exchange, (for
7 days!) until Kyla resurrected it herself. I am honestly puzzled
here, because I just don't see it.

Sherry

--------------------------------
Neither do I see it. Maybe you and I should start writing "poor me, I'm
crying so hard I can't think, I have a scraped knee, everybody's being mean
to me and hates me, I'm going to go eat some worms and die" and see if that
makes a difference.

And now I'm going to get *really* petty - the whiny little attention whore
stole *my* signature, "hugs" (http://tinyurl.com/6bg5mu), and then has the
unmitigated gall to tell *me* to quit using it! How the **** dare she!!!

*Now* everyone here has *deliberately* snarky remarks from me, so go ahead
and tell me how malicious I'm being. I've about had my fill of it!

Hugs,

CatNipped