Surgery Appt. Cancelled

Old November 1st 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Surgery Appt. Cancelled

Thanks so much for all the purrs and get-well wishes. I'm going to
have to ask all you kind folks to put them on hold for me though.

Due to sloppy paperwork practices and incompetent clerks at the
surgeon's offce, my insurance claim was filed with incorrect
information, and they denied the claim. This is not the first red flag
I've had about this particular surgeon's office. I suspect now that
the incompetence in that office is not strictly limited to
officeworkers.

So, I've fired the surgeon and am now looking for a new one. I'm
pretty lucky that I have friends who are bariatric surgical nurses,
and no one knows better whose patients recover better and which
surgeons respond well to after-surgery complications.

I hate starting over, but I am grateful that I have a little control
over the choices about my own health care. I was feeling really
apprehensive about some things that had happened so far. But I was
going to barrell ahead, hope for the best and get it over with. So I'm
thankful for the error.

Sherry
Old November 1st 10, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a smart move. Trust your hunches. Best wishes. MLB
Old November 1st 10, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes so called 'setbacks' can actually be a blessing in disguise.
Sounds like it may have been one of those times!

Still purring for you,

Yowie

Old November 1st 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

I think it was very wise of you to step back and take a hard look at your
surgeon. This is a person who will literally have your life in his/her
hands. Abdominal surgery is really serious and you don't want to go through
it more than once. I won't relate horror stories of people I know (I never
understand why people do that - especially to pregnant women), but just say
that I think you're right to try to find the perfect surgeon for you.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/