Does your cat watch TV? (Cats looking at pictures)

Old June 14th 05, 12:05 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:17:34 -0400, ".oO rach Oo."
wrote:

We have a great photo of Stella standing on her hind legs with front paws on
the TV stand looking at an ostrich on TV. She isn't the real TV watcher
though... that would be Delilah. Delilah likes to see other cats on TV but
is a huge fan of watching those sheep herding dogs working. We were watching
a show once and when the dogs were on herding their sheep, she was all
eyes... a commercial came on and she would nap until the show came on again.
She has repeated this several times ... all for sheep herding dogs. She
doesn't care for other dogs or what they do. Delilah also likes Zellers
commercials.

Mine's into Law and Order (must be that sound...).
Old June 15th 05, 12:42 AM
Margaret Caldwell Ott

Both Amaretto and Alino enjoy their "Kitty VCR" Tape of Chirping
Birds--especially when the birds fly away. They will often go behind
the TV set to see if the birds are there!! Clever Chaps!! Amaretto
used to watch Baseball on TV with a housemate of ours when we were all
in graduate school--he loved to race behind the TV after the ball was
pitched to see if it was chase-able for him!! Nowadays, Amaretto still
loves "The Longest Day" especially when they bomb the beaches, and
Alino loves the News for some strange reason--seems to be fixated on
Diane Sawyer and he is convinced that "GMA" stands for "Good Morning
Alino"!!

Cheers!

PegNDerek

On 13 Jun 2005 17:24:23 -0700, wrote:

Mine like basketball on TV. They swat at the ball when it's in the air.

Old June 15th 05, 03:59 AM
graciedv graciedv is offline
Junior Member

Location: IL
Talking

My cats like watching tv, especially animal planet. They also love the radio.
Old June 15th 05, 09:31 AM
Lesley

Redunzel and Sarrasine don't pay it much attention- Sarrasine doesn't
mind tennis where she tried to grab the ball a couple of times and then
looked behind the TV to see where the little people had gone.

For TV junkies you have to consider Fugazi and Isis. Fugazi loved
anything with car chases in it (We used to put the "Blues Brothers" on
just for her!!) in fact if we saw one coming up we'd call out "Gaz-gaz!
Vroom vrooms!" (Am I the only person who says these insane things to
cats?) and she would come running to watch it!

Isis had a thing about cartoons- I never understood why a cat would be
such a fan of Tom and Jerry! And wildlife programmes were a special
favourite- she even mastered the idea of a commercial break, many
times, she'd be sitting on my lap avidly watching something and the
break would come up so she's jump off, go use the litter box, grab a
quick drink of water and maybe some food and come back to my lap in
time for the programme to start again

Oh and my friend Mick's cat Sam would do exactly the same as Otis when
the snooker was on

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs