Crack Kat

Old March 17th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crack Kat

Our nickname for Barnabus is Crack Kat. DH started calling him that when
he began dismantling the water fountains. We use the PetMate fountains
that have the blue reservoir on the side with a white cap on top.
Similar to the Drinkwells but slightly different. We had two - one in
the bedroom and one on the hearth of the fireplace in the family room.
Every morning I fill the reservoir and as I was filling the one in the
bedroom, Barnabus would closely examine the mechanics of the fountain.
Barnabus likes to dip his paw into the water and lick it from his paw
rather than actually drink water. After about a month of this I
realized that Barnabus was pulling at the filter from the opening where
the water comes out. Then I came home one day and found the top off of
the fountain and the filter lying on the floor across the room.
Fortunately, I was home the day that Barnabus took the top off, pulled
the filter out and then hooked a paw under the fountain and turned it
upside down - causing the water to start pouring out of the reservoir in
an effort to fill the upside-down bowl. I was able to turn it right
side up and not soak the carpet with water. Fortunately we were home
the Saturday night when he did this again while we were sleeping -
emptying the entire bowl of water on the carpet. But at least the pump
didn't run all weekend and possibly cause a fire in the house. That
fountain was unplugged and after he dumped it over again, twice, it was
replaced with a bowl of water. A bowl of water is so boring so he went
after the second fountain. This time DH got to watch him in action. We
came home one day after work and the filter was across the room and DH
said - "Crack Kat has been playing with the fountain again". Thus he's
become known as Crack Kat. Needless to say, we don't have fountains in
the house any longer.

He also loves empty soft drink cartons. He takes a running start and
dives head first into the carton. I always leave him one empty carton in
the kitchen and when he dives into it it slides across the floor. Here
is a picture of him stuffed into a coke carton:

http://tinyurl.com/quv2v

He *loves* it when we fill a glass with crushed ice from the door of the
refrigerator. He can hear the ice dispenser from the other end of the
house and comes running. We always make sure a piece of ice falls on
the floor for him to chase.

And kibbles - he eats his kibbles one at a time. He picks one out of the
bowl with his paw and bats it all across the floor before pouncing on it
and eating it. I guess he has to kill his food before he eats it.

I'm telling you - the cat is a psychotic crack Kat.

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:53:56 -0500, Julie Cook
yodeled:

He's a scream.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 17th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Rumble loves that

And kibbles - he eats his kibbles one at a time. He picks one out of the
bowl with his paw and bats it all across the floor before pouncing on it
and eating it. I guess he has to kill his food before he eats it.

Spirit does this all the time If I give them a tidbit of chicken he holds
it wiht one paws bats it between each paws holds it up with one paw takes a
bite than does it again.

I'm telling you - the cat is a psychotic crack Kat.

I call all of mine fur nuts they all graduated from fur ball to fur nut
and a few even get the title why you little @#$#$%
Julie

Every one want a good laugh My rumble loves to play with water. Spirit
when he drinks bats the water bowl to make it ripple while he drinks. In
their room there is a sink with running water at all times spirit jumps up
to get a drink Rumble is there already doing he usually I got to get the
water drop. Spirit bats at him for being to close Rumble backs away
Spirit starts to drink Rumble in backing up steps on the Faucet handle mad
rush of water spirit is startled slips in gets soaked in the process
scares rumble he slips in gets soaked they both scatter meowing all ****ed
off shaking themselves off to their respected corners to lick themselves
dry. The whole time me and DW are laughing so hard I could not grab the
video camera in time. All the others furballs come in to see what the
problems is. They start to check out the spirit and rumble both who are
irritable right now and starts to show it. Both are sitting in the same
room opposite corners staring at each other. I got the camera and waiting
for round 2

Old March 17th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

[...]

Oh Dear! LOL! I can just see this happening. You really do need to have
the camera on hand to record this.

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:53:56 -0500, Julie Cook wrote:

[...]

We had a similar experience with a Drinkwell fountain a number of years
ago. TuTu would pry off the reservoir lid and try to drink out of it.
The fountain was on the bathroom tile counter. One day I heard a strange
noise and I found the power cord pulled out, the top off and the counter
flooded. I threw the fountain away and put out bowls for water. Later
on, I got Petsmate and so far it has been OK. I also keep a large
plastic bowl in the bathtub and in the back shower stall. These kids get
into everything! MLB