Prednisolone for cats - 5mg - purchasing advice

Old June 6th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Prednisolone for cats - 5mg - purchasing advice

I've checked various online pharmacies. CVS wants $20 per 100 pills.
That's about the price at 1-800 Petmeds. Medi-vet.com has it for $12.00.
Drugstore.com has it on sale for $8.00 I've ordered from them before and
they seem to be very reputable.

Riteaid even uses them for prescription refills.

Can anyone figure out a reason that the generic is so much cheaper at
Drugstore.com than it is at CVS.com?
Old June 6th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

They haven't brought their prices in line with the other pharmacies just
give them another month or so and it will be just as much there as at the
other places. I take predinsolone every day and until the Medicare Drug
bill went through all my meds were reasonable. Now they are jacking up the
prices everywhere to make up for the cuts that government made when this
bill went through. For over 4 years I paid 9.45 for 135, 5mg prednisolone
pills. The last refill cost me 16.00 for the exact same thing.

Celeste

Old June 6th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
I've checked various online pharmacies. CVS wants $20 per 100 pills.
That's about the price at 1-800 Petmeds. Medi-vet.com has it for $12.00.
Drugstore.com has it on sale for $8.00 I've ordered from them before and
they seem to be very reputable.

Riteaid even uses them for prescription refills.

Can anyone figure out a reason that the generic is so much cheaper at
Drugstore.com than it is at CVS.com?

Look at the cost of shipping when comparing prices.

Jo

Old June 6th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Spot" wrote in message
They haven't brought their prices in line with the other pharmacies just
give them another month or so and it will be just as much there as at the
other places. I take predinsolone every day and until the Medicare Drug
bill went through all my meds were reasonable. Now they are jacking up
the prices everywhere to make up for the cuts that government made when
this bill went through. For over 4 years I paid 9.45 for 135, 5mg
prednisolone pills. The last refill cost me 16.00 for the exact same
thing.

Celeste

Prednisone itself is dirt cheap. But most pharmacies have a minimum charge
for prescriptions to cover the cost of filling and keeping records, etc.

Unless you are already doing it, you might look into getting double the
dosage and splitting the pills in half. 100 20mg probably don't cost much
more than 100 10mg

Jo