will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

Old January 27th 14, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

Default will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:55:12 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
All my indoor cats were once neighborhood strays. But I like to feed

them better foods like Pro plan or science diet. Unfortunately,

instead of the online merchant shipping Pro plan, they shipped

Friskies. Will it hurt to feed them a big bag of Friskies? I promise

not to make it a habit.

So what's wrong with Friskies? We've been feeding it to our cat for at least ten years now with no ill-effects. I swear... you people and your politically correct, knee-jerk BULLKRAP. You've always got to jump on the PC bandwagon against some time-honored product with an impeccable reputation. Like cats aren't supposed to drink milk and dogs aren't supposed to have chocolate. All of the things Americans have been doing for from well before any of you were ever born. The old ways are the best ways. Always. So leave well-enough alone. That's my advice.
Old January 27th 14, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:06:16 -0800 (PST), IBen Getiner
wrote:

[...]

No, sometimes we find out new things that should change our behavior.
My mother once told me to be careful in the sun and I told her that
people had been lying in the sun for a million years. And she answered
that people had been dying of Melanoma for a million years but they
didn't know that it was caused by lying in the sun.

Since I'm now a pretty old (60+) surfer, that was something I did take
to heart and always used some sunscreen. And on the beach I'm always
under an umbrella.

As for cat food, it depends what studies find out. Do some cats have a
bad reaction to milk? Of course they do, and so do some people. So I
give my cats a bit of milk as a treat, but not as a regular thing.
They actually prefer the water from tuna cans.

I do notice that if I feed the cats Friskees or 9Lives for a few days
their litterbox does stink more than if they eat higher quality food.

And I'd be willing to bet that the Friskees today are made of crapier
stuff than the Friskees of bygone years.
Old January 27th 14, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe

Cat food is not like people food. More expensive cat food simply
means higher quality, not frills and thrills. You can see that
plainly by the fact that the cheap food Friskies has lots of
pretty colors that the cat couldn't care less about, while the
expensive food Pro Plan is basically the same color because the
cat couldn't care less what color its food is. Friskies has pretty
colors because food coloring is cheap and because some people
(like this Google Groups troll) are fooled into thinking pretty
colors are better. In fact, the more you spend, the better the cat
food. So you should buy whatever you can afford. It's for their
health, it has nothing to do with pampering them. Absolutely
nothing to do with pampering them. It's a plane and simple concern
for their health. Again, cat food is not like people food. If it
were, I might have a different opinion on the subject.

--

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:06:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

Old January 29th 14, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barry

Yes John, it will kill them.
Old January 29th 14, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

barry ibarryfparrish gmail.com wrote:

Yes John, it will kill them.

lol

I shouldn't complain too much about the cheap food advocates, at
least it did answer my question.

Old February 7th 14, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

buglady buglady99 bigfoot.com wrote:

Since Science Diet is garbage

The fact that Hill's require a prescription for hypoallergenic and
(premium) dental care cat food sucks. I will avoid them for at
least a while. They give kickbacks to dentists for "prescribing"
their premium products even though at least some of those products
in fact require no prescription. And they don't allow merchants to
sell any of those products without a phony prescription. Hopefully
people are becoming more aware and we all stop falling for that
nonsense.
Old February 7th 14, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

On 2/7/2014 1:35 AM, John Doe wrote:
The fact that Hill's require a prescription for hypoallergenic and
(premium) dental care cat food sucks.

...............Some of the prescription diets are unbalanced and only
meant to be fed for a short time. Thus, available only thru a vet. For
most of them this isn't true, it's just a plus (for the vet) if the only
place you can get it is in their clinic. Big markup.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old February 28th 14, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi,

The*post*was*clear*to*know*the*real*fact of*knowing*what*is*happenning*.*Thanks*for*the*pos t and*I*like*all*to*visit*the*following*site*to*get* better Health*plan*and*
happy*future.*

Thanks
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/22...Losing-Weight/

Old February 28th 14, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spam
John Doe

off-topic Google Groups spam...

--

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav