Worst litter ever!

Old March 22nd 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Worst litter ever!

I was in a hurry. The local megastore was out of my usual brand. I
bought four 25 pound boxes of Fresh Step Fast Acting. If you use a
bright flashlight in the litter box area, you can see how much
dust there is. When I poured the new litter in there, smoke
billowed out of the box. Really weird, it looked exactly like
smoke. And it smelled like cheap fabric softener sheets. Totally
gross. I tried to cope, but ended up taking back three of the four
boxes. I will probably stick with Arm & Hammer, I can't stand fake
perfume smell. When they used the box, the whole room smelled like
it. I won't buy that much litter again if I haven't tried it.

I might buy another "large" Omega Paws "self-cleaning" litter box.
The current method of spray cleaning (without wiping) the back inner
side seems to keep them from peeing on it again for a long time.
And it really is much easier to use. I made another modification
after taping the right outside seem. Put a strip of plastic inside
to help the clumps smoothly roll over the waste drawer instead of
bouncing off of it. It's 2-3 inches short, but they do okay in it.

Old March 25th 14, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

I might buy another "large" Omega Paws "self-cleaning" litter box.

I ordered one just before it went from $30 to $40. Guessed right!

Worst Spring EVER!!! Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 25 June 22nd 09 02:19 AM
Can and Will Help Even the Worst Cases. Relief Now Cat health & behaviour 0 January 6th 08 03:47 AM
Worst dream ever! Pat Cat anecdotes 7 February 13th 07 11:59 PM
Worst cat names ever (and why) Debra Cat anecdotes 26 July 21st 05 07:35 PM
Best canned food vs. worst LemonPops via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 96 April 29th 05 09:17 PM