JB2018 as the sun rises

Old November 18th 18, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default JB2018 as the sun rises

All good things come to an end. As the sun begins to peek over the
horizon, Kittahs collect to the temple to watch it over the water.

2 doggies take the sides and prepare to repeat in ASL-C/D. Some
members form about them so they can see the words.

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the rising sun and
nods. It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small
pendant of a winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and
reaches the podium as sun touches above the horizon to shine softly.
Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent.]

Good morning, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of Koh Kood. Bowing to the King and Princess, she continues.

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon and
through the night, we gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have
As the sun rises, we bid another farewell and return to our homes and
families.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then light of the new day spills in on them
all. Beside her, a large beagle to her left repeats her comments in
ASL-C/D and a smaller beagle is to the side of the opening to the ocean
doing the same]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
La Infanta de Arizona, a ward of the House of David
Bruno Reddog Housedog, guardian of cats of the House of David
Tabby, Houe of Tock
Claire, House of Armstrong
Seamus, House of Ashley
Siobhan, House of Ashley
Abbey, House of Baldwin
Garfield, House of Baldwin
Rosie, House of Berkebile
Rhonda, House of Berkowitz
Jeanné, House of Bodel
Bitsy, House of Butler
C.S. Lewis, House of Butler
Daht, House of Butler
Sweetness, House of Butler
Peapod, House of Camille Scaldini
Bob Catt, House of Catt with Mooch
Ezekiel, House of Crandlemire
Jessica, House of Crandlemire
Mr Mouse, House of David
Pinky, House of David
Ruby, House of Garcia-Romero
Titi, House of Gittel
Darcy, House of Golumb
Lilith, House of Hanoka
Miss Tina Marie, House of Hanoka
Scotty McMouser, House of John
Tiny, House of John
Snowflake, House of Julie
CatEE, House of Lasheka
Catolina, House of Lasheka
Pat, House of Mahoney
Eddie, House of Miller
Isis Marie, House of Miller
Ladybug, House of Miller
Tigger, House of Miller
Harley, House of Miller-Mashburn
Captain, House of Momoreil
Samwise, House of Olds
John, House of Rankin
Amber, House of Rennie
Elena, House of Rennie
Marble, House of Rennie
Nevaeh, House of Rennie
Noah, House of Rennie
Shea, House of Rennie
Black Phantom, House of Ruskin
Bonnie, House of Ruskin
Gypsy, House of Ruskin
Calypso, House of Ruskin (Service Dog)
Cruiser, House of Ruskin (Service Dog)
Toby, House of Sackett
Napoleon, House of Schultz
Napoleon, House of Schulz
Peaches, House of Square
Mamacita, House of Steele
BeBe, House of Stott
Braeden, House of Stott
Buda, House of Stott
Evan, House of Stott
Ian, House of Stott
Rebecca, House of Stright
Rosie, House of Tucker
Brenna Buggesbane, House of Vandyke
Duke thuh Dog, House of Weaver-Terrell
Sara, House of Whitwell
Keenser, House of Wright
Kittahs of Koh Kood, who are with Bast

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues. A paw rises up to the
heavens and slowly back down]

The dawn of a new day seeps in.
Old November 22nd 18, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

[...]

White Foot helps take folks back to homes while others take a speed
boat.

Island tradition is to pack them a bit of food and in fact, it's
badluck to not do so!

Iowna sniffs and gets really happy! Hers seems to be bacon and endive!
Cash sniffs his packet then licks the cook who giggles. He has a smoked
ox-tail. Daisy-chan kisses the cook as she sniffs her packet of turkey
dredged in turkey juices.

They say goodbye for now to the King and princess, and head for home.
They hop a speed boat for some final fun and wil take a cataporter from
there to home.