Tweed (address)

Old March 3rd 14, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Tweed (address)

I'm not sure how much detail has already been posted but just wanted to give everyone an update on Christina. As you guys probably know, she took a fall down some stairs and is in hospital with a fractured sternum and broken bones in her spine. I am told that she is now lying on her back, is able to watch TV and receives visitors. Boyfriend is being taken care of and is well. Here is the address where she is in case anyone would like to send a card...I'm sure she would enjoy hearing from the group. I understand that flowers are not allowed in the ward she's currently in.
WARD17
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Infirmary Square
Leicester
LE1 SWW

Hoping that her recovery goes well. It will be difficult but Christina has a determined spirit. I'm sure she's worried about home and will do whatever it takes to get back. : (

Sherry
Old March 3rd 14, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Monday, March 3, 2014 10:59:13 AM UTC-8, Sherry wrote:
I'm not sure how much detail has already been posted but just wanted to give everyone an update on Christina. As you guys probably know, she took a fall down some stairs and is in hospital with a fractured sternum and broken bones in her spine.

Bloody Hell! Did she shoot an albatross? The amount of bad luck she's been having the last few years I think she must have done- will sort a card out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 3rd 14, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/3/2014 1:59 PM, Sherry wrote:
[...]

OMG! We knew she fell but I, for one, had no idea the extent of her
injuries. Purrs go out for her. Some of us have already sent cards and
well-wishes to her home. Perhaps someone will deliver them to her at
the hospital.

Jill
Old March 3rd 14, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~
Thanks, Sherry. Many of us were worried about her and Boyfie, but we only
knew that she had fallen down stairs. We did not have any details. I'm
glad to have this address.

MaryL

Old March 4th 14, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Ack! Just realized my addy says "me"... Have no idea how that happened. But it looks like you guys figured out who I m anyway. ; )

A friend of Tina's said she would bring her an ipad so hopefully she will be able to post soon. (but posting via google groups on ipad is awkward at best, hopefully she will be better at it than I am!)

Sherry
Old March 4th 14, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

Ack! Just realized my addy says "me"... Have no idea how that happened. But
it looks like you guys figured out who I m anyway. ; )

A friend of Tina's said she would bring her an ipad so hopefully she will be
able to post soon. (but posting via google groups on ipad is awkward at
best, hopefully she will be better at it than I am!)

Sherry

~~~~~~~~
Your message showed up as Sherry on the NG. That seems to be a Yahoo! thing
to show messages as "me." It started with the "improved" Yahoo (which I
personally consider the "damaged" Yahoo) a few months ago. I really dislike
it, but that may explain why you don't see your own name.

MaryL

Old March 4th 14, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

I'm not sure how much detail has already been posted but just wanted to give
everyone an update on Christina. As you guys probably know, she took a fall
down some stairs and is in hospital with a fractured sternum and broken
bones in her spine. I am told that she is now lying on her back, is able to
watch TV and receives visitors. Boyfriend is being taken care of and is
well. Here is the address where she is in case anyone would like to send a
card...I'm sure she would enjoy hearing from the group. I understand that
flowers are not allowed in the ward she's currently in.
WARD17
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Infirmary Square
Leicester
LE1 SWW

This might seem like a dumb question, but for international mail, after
Leicester, for the country, do you put UK, England, or what?

Old March 4th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Judith Latham wrote:

This might seem like a dumb question, but for international mail, after
Leicester, for the country, do you put UK, England, or what?

England would be fine.

Judith

Could someone please convey my best wishes to her from Arizona? Living
in a senior retirement residence, posting mail can be a problem for me.
(Especially obtaining any but "normal" - i.e. first class - stamps.)
She and I are both old-timers on the group, so I feel as though we
really know each other.
Old March 5th 14, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/4/2014 2:51 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Sherry
wrote:
Ack! Just realized my addy says "me"... Have no idea how that happened.
But it looks like you guys figured out who I m anyway. ; )

A friend of Tina's said she would bring her an ipad so hopefully she
will be able to post soon. (but posting via google groups on ipad is
awkward at best, hopefully she will be better at it than I am!)

Sherry

It would be really good if she finds she can post.Give her a distraction
and hopefully entertainment.

Mega purrs and best wishes for her to heal quickly.

Thanks for updating us.

Judith

I think it would be good, too, although I don't think those things are
easy to use for posting and Googlegroups is horrendous.

I don't know how long she's been stuck in that hospital bed, but a week
was more than enough for me. I was going stir crazy. Television and
books only go so far. (She does have visitors, though, which I did not.
Mom had stopped driving by that time.) I struck up a friendship with
one of the nurses. I told her how bored I was and the nurse went to
Pediatrics and brought me back a colouring book and a small box of
crayons!

Jill
Old March 9th 14, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

[...]

Good to see you, Sherry. I have missed you!

--
Cheryl