Nikki and Selina are helping around the house

Old February 27th 14, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Nikki and Selina are helping around the house

Nikki seems to be trying to save money for me–she has been turning off the
lights. At first, I thought I had an electrical problem. I was sitting at
my computer last week, when suddenly *all four* lights on my overhead fan
went off. That puzzled me, but it worked the next time I tried, so I forgot
about it. Then, yesterday, it happened again. This time I was
concerned--the four lights suddenly went out but it did not affect anything
else in the room. So, I was going to call an electrician today, but I went
over to the light switch to put it in the “off” position. It was already
off! Suddenly, a light went off *in my head.* The light switch is behind
the carpeted pole that I had mounted on the computer hutch for the cats, and
Nikki had been scrambling up and down. She apparently pushed the light
switch down while she was using the climbing pole. The amusing thing is
that Duffy (my blind kitty) has been using that pole for several years and
never interfered with the light, but Nikki has now turned the lights off
twice in a week. Of course, just to give full credit to all of my cats, I
should also mention that Selina keeps turning off the answering machine on
the telephone. She walks across the base and often steps just on the
perfect spot to “deactivate” the answering system.

MaryL

Old February 27th 14, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/27/2014 12:05 PM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

LOL! I'm glad you didn't have to call an electrician.

Oh, and Selina apparently doesn't want you talking to anyone else on the
phone.

Jill
Old February 28th 14, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

[...]

Oh no that is too funny! I can just imagine how you looked when you
realized it was the cats messing with your head. LOL

--
Cheryl