OT - A beautiful day for a county fair

Old August 17th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

Default OT - A beautiful day for a county fair

Low 80s (F) low humidity, lots of sun with plenty of shade when needed.
Didn't sample much of the food, just enough to fill our tummies when we
wanted something to eat, and that suits me fine. Smelled good in some
places, and in the animal areas it didn't smell too good. lol

I went with my mom, my sister and my niece. Just a girls day out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65503830AZdVhS

Old August 17th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 16, 7:41�pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
Low 80s (F) low humidity, lots of sun with plenty of shade when needed.
Didn't sample much of the food, just enough to fill our tummies when we
wanted something to eat, and that suits me fine. �Smelled good in some
places, and in the animal areas it didn't smell too good. �lol

I went with my mom, my sister and my niece. �Just a girls day out..

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65503830AZdVhS

Sounds like a fun day! County fairs are really declining around here--
not so
much interest anymore I guess. Enjoyed the pics! That was a weird-
looking
chicken, huh? The one that looked like it had a Tina Turner wig on,
LOL.

Sherry
Old August 17th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. ..
Low 80s (F) low humidity, lots of sun with plenty of shade when
needed. Didn't sample much of the food, just enough to fill our
tummies when we wanted something to eat, and that suits me fine.
Smelled good in some places, and in the animal areas it didn't smell
too good. lol

I went with my mom, my sister and my niece. Just a girls day out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65503830AZdVhS

You have no idea what that meant to me. I grew up in Montgomery
County. And we never once missed a Saturday at the fair. The
livestock in that area is outstanding. Such beautiful animals.

We always watched the horses on Saturday night. Teenage, mostly girls
competing, taking their horses over the jumps.

We moved away when I was 21 and I haven't been back that time of year
since.

Jo

Old August 17th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
Low 80s (F) low humidity, lots of sun with plenty of shade when
needed. Didn't sample much of the food, just enough to fill our
tummies when we wanted something to eat, and that suits me fine. Smelled
good in some places, and in the animal areas it didn't smell
too good. lol
I went with my mom, my sister and my niece. Just a girls day out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65503830AZdVhS

It looks really nice, thanks for sharing.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 17th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 16, 5:41*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:

Thanks for that- the rabbits in particular brought back a lot of
memories- me and my dad used to show silver foxes (we were quite
successful for a good few years)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 18th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

On Aug 16, 7:41?pm, "Cheryl"
Low 80s (F) low humidity, lots of sun with plenty of shade when needed.
Didn't sample much of the food, just enough to fill our tummies when we
wanted something to eat, and that suits me fine. ?Smelled good in some
places, and in the animal areas it didn't smell too good. ?lol

I went with my mom, my sister and my niece. ?Just a girls day out.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...65503830AZdVhS

We used to go to the Fair in Puyallup every year...famous for their scones.
Sounds like you had a fun day Couldn't get the pix to downloat as my
computer has greeblings in it...grrrrrr. One year, long ago, I tormented
my then best friend Missy by taking her to a Color Me Badd
concert...ewwwwww...Billy Ray Cyrus, who was brand new then, was performing
that evening. LOL

Kyla
--off to shower before the thunderstorms hit.

Old August 18th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2008-08-17, hopitus wrote:

there were always a few unfortunates in there for owl offenses.

There is a treaty between the US, Canada and Mexico protecting a large
number of species, including owls.

Bud

It's County Fair tiime (for USA'ns) Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 4 July 13th 07 05:59 PM
Itz not fair! Sundance Cat community 5 July 5th 07 06:33 PM
NO FAIR!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 11 September 24th 06 11:24 PM
Really NOT fair, Miss Violette Cat community 2 May 30th 04 02:37 PM
NOT FAIR!!! Miss Violette Cat community 2 May 25th 04 08:33 AM