I think they got another one

Old April 16th 18, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default I think they got another one

On 4/15/2018 10:46 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:00:02 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

I'm enjoying reading these updates. Thanks, Lesley! Any chance of any
pics of the black cat?

It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer had reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows up for food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes outside with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows when his mealtime is. When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function room window open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of old towels under the bar. He's not seen George in there but he often finds the towels have been rearranged in the morning suggesting George comes in when the place is quiet for a warm sleep then as soon as he hears people moving around in the morning he heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet! Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet. Did everyone flee to Facebook? Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it. Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again. Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through those
hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was a huge
surprise. ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I'm still here too - since about 1988. I just very rarely post.I truly
miss the days when the group was crowded nd crazy!
-bchan

So do I. I've actually been privileged to meet some of the members.
Anybody remember the three Daves? I met all three of them. I also met
Yowie.
Old April 16th 18, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

wrote:

On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:12:54 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

I'm enjoying reading these updates.Â* Thanks, Lesley!Â* Any chance of
any
pics of the black cat?

Â*Â* It seems "George" (Yes they named him)now the weather is warmer
had reverted to spending most of his time outside although he shows
up for food. Crostin says he appears from nowhere as soon as he goes
outside with the plate, which suggests to me he's nearby and knows
when his mealtime is.Â* When it's cold, Crostin leaves the function
room window open just enough George can get in and leaves a pile of
old towels under the bar.Â* He's not seen George in there but he
often finds the towels have been rearranged in the morning
suggesting George comes in when the place is quiet for a warm sleep
then as soon as he hears people moving around in the morning he
heads off again.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I think it's sweet!Â* Please tell Crostin to say hello to George for me
if he sees him.

Lesley, it looks like you and I are the last holdouts here on RPCA
usenet.Â* Did everyone flee to Facebook?Â* Sorry, I tried it (again) but
just don't like it.Â* Given the recent hacking info I will not jump on
that bandwagon again.Â* Zuckerberg is backpeddling his way through those
hearings, as if data mining and the need for online security was a huge
surprise.Â* ********!

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I'm still here too - since about 1988. I just very rarely post.I truly
miss the days when the group was crowded nd crazy!
-bchan

So do I.Â* I've actually been privileged to meet some of the members.
Anybody remember the three Daves?Â* I met all three of them.Â* I also met
Yowie.

I'm still around - lurking mostly.

Cheryl

--
Cheryl
Old April 16th 18, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The facebook debacle might change things a bit in our favour.

Old April 17th 18, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The facebook debacleÂ* might change things a bit in our favour.

We can only hope!

Jill
Old April 19th 18, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/19/2018 3:43 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years. Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that. However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time. They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them. One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up. A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole". The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving. The other
is about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or
four holes in the sides. There is a toy mouse inside each hole. The
mice can be pulled out, but they are still attached.

Joy, I'm glad you're still here. I like hearing about Pickles and
Koala. I definitely understand your reluctance to introduce another
kitten into the mix! It's nice to hear those toys your friend gave you
are being enjoyed.

Buffy is still crazy about golf balls. When she wants to play she bats
them all over the carpeted living room. I can only imagine the racket
they'd make rolling on hardwood floors.

The thing about Buffy is, I *know* she plays all by herself during the
night. I find her toys rearranged in the morning. I've got a pretty
good memory for what toys are on the floor. A couple of days ago she
was after a furry toy on the fireplace hearth. It was a toy she'd
ripped to pieces when she first came to live here. I thought it was
long gone but she'd hidden it. She brought it out and was playing with
it during the night. She left it on the fireplace hearth. I swear, it
was not there when we went to bed.

Cats are fascinating.

Jill

Sootie loves ping pong balls and, Like Buff, bats them round the room but
I have to throw them first then get them from under the furniture where
she's hit them. It's good exercise for me.

I've got a plasterer doing some work in the bedrooms today with the
windows open (we're having a warm couple of days). Sootie was outside.
Then she was in the sitting room asking to be let out. A new game, in
through the upstairs windows, scare an innocent plasterer, then demand the
human opens the patio door. I'm waiting for the second round.

Judith

Smart Sootie, it's fun for all involved!

Jill

Old April 19th 18, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years.Â* Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that.Â* However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time.Â* They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them.Â* One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up.Â* A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole".Â* The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving.Â* The other
is about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or
four holes in the sides.Â* There is a toy mouse inside each hole.Â* The
mice can be pulled out, but they are still attached.

Joy, I'm glad you're still here. Â* I like hearing about Pickles and
Koala.Â* I definitely understand your reluctance to introduce another
kitten into the mix!Â* It's nice to hear those toys your friend gave you
are being enjoyed.

Buffy is still crazy about golf balls.Â* When she wants to play she bats
them all over the carpeted living room.Â* I can only imagine the racket
they'd make rolling on hardwood floors.

The thing about Buffy is, I *know* she plays all by herself during the
night.Â* I find her toys rearranged in the morning.Â* I've got a pretty
good memory for what toys are on the floor.Â* A couple of days ago she
was after a furry toy on the fireplace hearth.Â* It was a toy she'd
ripped to pieces when she first came to live here.Â* I thought it was
long gone but she'd hidden it.Â* She brought it out and was playing with
it during the night.Â* She left it on the fireplace hearth.Â* I swear, it
was not there when we went to bed.

Cats are fascinating.

Jill

Sootie loves ping pong balls and, Like Buff, bats them round the room but
I have to throw them first then get them from under the furniture where
she's hit them. It's good exercise for me.

I've got a plasterer doing some work in the bedrooms today with the
windows open (we're having a warm couple of days). Sootie was outside.
Then she was in the sitting room asking to be let out. A new game, in
through the upstairs windows, scare an innocent plasterer, then demand
the
human opens the patio door. I'm waiting for the second round.

Judith

Smart Sootie, it's fun for all involved!

Jill

Cats often want to assist workmen. Kerry was annoyed when I stopped her
from helping the plumber fixing the bathroom sink!

Cheryl

--
Cheryl
Old April 19th 18, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

It's time for me to have them come out and service the HVAC unit. I
have a service contract and they come out twice a year, Spring and Fall.
Buffy gets so confoozled! There are pull down steps in the hallway to
get to the attic. She doesn't try to go up there but for the longest
time after they leave she sits in the hallway, staring up at the
ceiling. I think she believes there's someone still up there.

Jill
Old April 19th 18, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Mostly a lurker, but had to mention one of our cats (Molly) has gotten into
the attic several times, on one occasion being stuck there for two or three
days until my wife figured out where the meows were coming from (Fortunately
it was spring and the temps were mild). Whenever we try to get into the
attic we have to take steps to make sure she can't get to the pull-down stairs.

Gene
to make sure
Old April 19th 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Whew! I'm glad you found Molly! I'm sure she was thinking hmmmm, there
were stairs here went I went up...

Jill