Mike made it. OT more or less

Old August 12th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Mike made it. OT more or less

"tanadashoes" wrote in
m:

Well, Mike made it to Orlando yesterday and was settled into his
apartment today. He discovered that his phone runs out of juice in
5-6 hours as he is in what would be a roaming area, except that we
changed our plan to a nation wide non-roaming one. So he complains to
me and I call Alltel and find out that since the change from Analog to
digital they've been getting a lot of complaints of this sort. Mike's
options are to carry on as he is doing, buy a second battery and
switch them out, turn off the phone unless he needs to make a call,
change his plan so that he can only call home and receive calls from
home, or change to a different company down there. Since the last
isn't happening (he'd have to pay for his own plan) it looks like he's
going to have his cell phone on the charger unless he has to take it
off to go somewhere, like work.

He will be sharing a three bedroom apartment with five other guys. I
can smell disaster already; I know what slobs males can be. I also
know what a slob Mike can be. I kept the advice down to suggesting
that the apartment mates have a rules meeting and that everyone label
their own food. He could buy a small fridge, I guess, but I don't see
that happening. When I talked to him last, the group or the five of
them that were there already were taking a trip to Wal-Mart to get
food and other supplies. Sigh.

Rob had an MRI today to see if the growth was still there, had grown,
or shifted location. We'll be picking up the films on the 19th for
his oncology appointment on the 20th. I'm not hopeful. QC, Huey, and
Merlin have been living on Rob, more or less. His feline medical
staff has spoken. I suspect that the minute they stopped the chemo the
cancer kicked into overdrive. To do them credit, the three nursemaids
have also been trying to comfort me. When Merlin isn't trying to beat
up Tanada, that is. Some days I wonder.

Pam S.

Sending best thoughts for Rob.

Andy
Old August 12th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Pam, you know if you need to talk, I'm here. Wish I could check on Mike,
but now Allan's out of a job completely and we have no idea what we're
going to do.

kili

{{{{{{{{{{Kili and Allan}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear that! We're sending job finding purrs to Allan.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 12th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
Rob had an MRI today to see if the growth was still there, had
grown, or shifted location. We'll be picking up the films on the
19th for his oncology appointment on the 20th. I'm not hopeful.
QC, Huey, and Merlin have been living on Rob, more or less. His
feline medical staff has spoken. I suspect that the minute they
stopped the chemo the cancer kicked into overdrive. To do them
credit, the three nursemaids have also been trying to comfort me.
When Merlin isn't trying to beat up Tanada, that is. Some days I
wonder.

Pam S.

Pam, you know if you need to talk, I'm here. Wish I could check on
Mike, but now Allan's out of a job completely and we have no idea
what we're going to do.

kili

Oh no! As if the job thing wasn't already bad enough! {{{{{{kili}}}}}}

Jill
Old August 12th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Aug 12, 4:22�pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
kilikini wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
Rob had an MRI today to see if the growth was still there, had
grown, or shifted location. �We'll be picking up the films on the
19th for his oncology appointment on the 20th. �I'm not hopeful.
QC, Huey, and Merlin have been living on Rob, more or less. �His
feline medical staff has spoken. I suspect that the minute they
stopped the chemo the cancer kicked into overdrive. �To do them
credit, the three nursemaids have also been trying to comfort me.
When Merlin isn't trying to beat up Tanada, that is. �Some days I
wonder.

Pam S.

Pam, you know if you need to talk, I'm here. �Wish I could check on
Mike, but now Allan's out of a job completely and we have no idea
what we're going to do.

kili

Oh no! �As if the job thing wasn't already bad enough! {{{{{{kili}}}}}}

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Spiceypurrs heading South for Pam, Rob, Kili, and Allan. Sounds like
the purr version of Romper Room.
Suz&Spicey
Old August 13th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Thank you sweetie. It'll work out somehow. Things always do, don't they?

kili

Old August 13th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Yeah, well. It happens. Hopefully Allan can get on unemployment and I'll
be able to get some disability in here to bring in some extra income.

kili

Old August 13th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

I thought you already received disability? Or maybe you mean the benefit
will be increased now? At any rate, he should qualify for unemployment
provided he wasn't terminated for gross misconduct. Benefits vary by state,
of course. He should file right away. Good luck!

Jill

Old August 13th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I do get disability for $108.50 a month. If Allan's unemployed, I
should be able to get more. We'll see what happens. I'm writing my
disability advocate tomorrow.

kili

Old August 13th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Glad that Mike made it safely. Good luck purrs to him on sharing with 5
other guys.

We revving up the purrs for Rob's growth to be non-existent. We think
of of you guys often.

Sam and Ramona, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 13th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Yep, they do always seem to. You've put a *lot* of good karma out there
into the world and hopefully some of it will get back around to you to help
you guys out!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I made a LOL Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 May 12th 08 06:36 PM
This made me LOL Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 February 5th 08 10:48 PM
Well at least we made it Matthew Cat anecdotes 0 August 31st 06 07:59 PM
I made her bed and she must lie in it Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 5 June 23rd 06 02:23 AM
OT : This really made me mad KittyLady Cat anecdotes 30 May 31st 05 02:53 AM