Need purrs

Old August 13th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Need purrs

"Jofirey" wrote in message
Work is driving my out of my mind.

I know. I'm retired, on disability since 2003. Work is supposed to be a
distant memory.

But I'm anxious and upset and can't seem to shake it, so I could really
use some calming purrs.

A former accounting and tax client came to see me about a problem that
developed after I quit doing their work. It seems they neglected to
replace me due to various and sundry problems of their own. Now these are
really sweet people that I did work for many years. They are also now
retired and he has Alzheimer's.

I would really like to be able to help them. I spent all afternoon trying
to dig what records I did have for them out of my computer. I'm exhausted
and my nerves are shot. I simply can't handle this sort of work anymore.
Even trying to figure it out has me sick to my stomach.

Tomorrow I have to explain that to them the best way I know how. I can't
even make a few phone calls on their behalf since I can't hear to use the
phone. And besides they have no money any more to pay someone else.

I know I won't sleep tonight. I hope I can sleep tomorrow night.

Jo

Plenty of soothing purrs headed your way.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 13th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Aw, we will purrs and pray mightily that everything
works out for both you and the client to everyone's
satisfaction.

Lily & her mama

"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old August 13th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

purrs on the way.

You need to explain to them you are retired now. Give them the records you
have and let them find someone to help them. Your health is the most
important.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old August 13th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ann" wrote in message
purrs on the way.

You need to explain to them you are retired now. Give them the
records you have and let them find someone to help them. Your health
is the most important.

I slept well, even though I had very strange dreams. Got up early and
opened the doors for Kayla and the cats and went back to bed and sound
asleep.

Ah, the power of purr.

Now I'm going to box up what records of theirs I have and return them
and wish them the best.

I used to be the best. But I'm not anymore and I really physically
and mentally cannot do the job. Just the work figuring out where I
left off was too much for me.

I'm better devoting my energies to litter box cleaning, treat
provision and brushing out fur. That I can still be the best at. At
least for my owners.

Jo

Old August 14th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Jofirey wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way, Jo.

Sam
Old August 14th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 12, 10:10�pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
[...]

Taking responsibility for something that isn't really your
responsibility, *especially*
when it involves people like you describe who sound like they
desperately need help,
to me shows what kind of character you have. Bless you. I truly hope
it all works
out before your nerves are completely shot.
Hang in there.
Sherry
Old August 14th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Jofirey wrote:
[...]

Jo Soothing purrs on the way Jo.

(((((((Jo))))))))))))
Kyla

Old August 16th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{Jo}}}}}}}}}}} Many, many purrs for you from all 10 (and the
Visitor) kitties and me.

Ginger-lyn
Old August 17th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jofirey wrote:
[...]

We are sending lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek