The winking begins

Old March 27th 16, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default The winking begins

[As partygoers enjoy the buffet and the dance floor, Sammy Redcat
takes to the intercom.]

Hihi, efurryone! Just a reminder, we had a winking starting in just a
few minutes! The whole community is invited, so please join us in the
rose garden on the east side of the estate.

[Sammy goes to the rose garden himself, and sees the groundskeeping
bunnies and skunks putting the finishing touches on the flowers, and
the guard bears make sure there are adequate pillows and cushions
spread around for all the guests.

A feline orchestra starts tuning up, with Hercule Lenoir shuffling through
his sheet music. The orchestra plays soft music as the guests start to
arrive and take their places.

Ranger is pacing nervously up front, talking with the celebrant, The
Reverend Henry Flufftail, Pastor of the First Church of Catmerica.
Jocks has set up a table in the back of the garden with a guest
book. Sammy signs in as the first guest, followed by Jocko, Big Mama,
Gigi, and Pepe.]
Old March 27th 16, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

[As the orchestra strikes up Mendlesson's Wedding March in C Major, the
crowd turns toward the back of the garden. Pippa appears, wearing her
elegant winking gown, accompanied by Mosey. Ranger starts grinning
broadly.

Just in front of Pipps and Mosey Francesca the Fierce scatters flower petals
before them. As they approach the front row, FtF takes her seat on the groom's
side.

When they reach the front, Mosey shakes Ranger's paw and places
Pipps' paw in Rangers. Mosey then takes his seat.]

Friends, kitties, goggies, and other, welcome. We are gathered here
on this glorious day to celebrate the bewinking of Ranger MacDude
and Pipps Waterman. They both have long experience in this Community,
and many of us are delighted to see them forming this union.

As we journey through life, some of us are fortunate enough to find
one special kitty we can find our lives with. Pipps and Ranger have
found this in each other.

Winking is an important step, causing two kitties to create a new family.
It is formed on a basis of love, and is a natural consequence of love
growing. Rather than being the summit of development of love, it is
actually just a beginning. Once a couple have been winked and
start to experience life's hurdles with the support of another, the love
that they experiences grows even deeper.

Before I go any further, I must ask: Does any kitty present know of any
reason why this man cat and this lady cat should not be read?

[The entire garden is silent.]

Who gives this girl cat to be winked?

Mosey, Pipps' chowder leader, and PookyCat, Pipps' candid, stand
and answer in unison "We both do".

Ranger Greykitten MacDude, do you take Pipps Waterman to be your
wink mate, to spend the rest of your days with? To love and protect
and smuggle and nose-boop, to keep warm and dry, in health and in
infirmity? To clean her ears and face whenever needed?

[Ranger replies "I do".]

Pipps Waterman, do you take Ranger to be your wink mate,
to spend the rest of your days with? To love and protect
and smuggle and nose-boop, to keep warm and dry, in health and in
infirmity? To clean his ears and face whenever needed?

[Pipps replies "I do!"]

Ranger, do you have vows prepared that you would like to
recite to Pipps?
Old March 27th 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ranger MacDude

On 3/27/16 10:13 AM, wrote:
[...]

I do!

Miz Pipps, we'z been spending time together for a long time now - at
least a few years. We'z both experienced losses in dat time, an
comforted each offur. We'z bof experienced joy an happiness, and haf
shared doze wif each offur.

We'z also met each offur's famblies, and get along fine da famblies.
You an me fink a lot alike, an we bof value da same sorts of fings.

Sammy an Lilith haf showed me how good a winking can be, as dey haf been
togefur for a longlong time. Like Sammy an Lilith has showed, I promise
dat I will allez be by your side an I will allez do mine best to
purrtect you.

Old March 27th 16, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

And Miz Pipps, do you have vows you have prepared to recite to Ranger?

Old March 27th 16, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pipps=^..^=

"Community Kitties"

And Miz Pipps, do you have vows you have prepared to recite to Ranger?

Pipps looks lovingly at Ranger and says"
" Ranger ,I promise to luf you, cherish you, smuggle with you,
go on adventures with you, help you with whatever
you need help with, n to be by your side,
ai noe we'z been spending time together for a long time now - at
least a few years. We'z both experienced losses in dat time, an
comforted each offur. We'z bof experienced joy an happiness, and haf
shared doze wif each offur.
We'z also met each offur's famblies, and get along fine da famblies.
You an me fink a lot alike, an we bof value da same sorts of fings. uh huh"
Ai luf yew sew mutch Ranger n ai ulways wyl