Where Did Sir Weebles Go?

Old November 7th 03, 07:01 AM
AWriteny

Default Where Did Sir Weebles Go?

What's the latest info about Weebles?
Old November 7th 03, 02:51 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Thanks for asking, but I've been limiting the postings about Weebs to
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes.

But other than that, Weeble is up to about 3.5 pounds, had his kitten
booster shot a week ago yesterday, and had developed a lump where he got the
shot - vet thinks it is just vaccine-related swelling, but will do a biopsy
if it has not shrunk in 5-10 days. The lump doesn't seem to bother him in
the least as he still pretty much being a hoolicat & causing trouble all
over the house, not to mention annoying the other cats

He now has a 2nd album on my webshots page - link below.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old November 11th 03, 08:19 AM
Luvskats00

Weeble is up to about 3.5 pounds, had his kitten
booster shot a week ago yesterday, and had developed a lump where he got the
shot - vet thinks it is just vaccine-related swelling, but will do a biopsy
if it has not shrunk in 5-10 days.
He now has a 2nd album on my webshots page

Wow...Weebles is getting bigger..still adorable! I hope this lump is nothing
more than vaccine related..I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Since you had many cats, maybe you have an answer. I adopted a 5 year old dsh
(spayed) 6 pound female last week. She came from a 1-cat household and was
transferred to a (caged) shelter for a month before I adopted her. My resident
cat is a 4 year old male (neutered) dsh tabby who weights 10+ lbs. I may have
introduced them to soon. The first day was great..after that, it went downhill.
She threw up 3 days in a row, went to the vet for 3 days (x rays/dental
surgery) .. clean bill of health. She kept food down there. Came back here and
peed on my bed twice..then made #2 on my quilt. My mattress in ruined.
Obviously, she's stressed..I am now keeping the 2 cats apart..but I am not
caging the newcomer. Shall I keep her in a cage? She did cry when I did that ,
but I can't afford any more accidents.

Old November 11th 03, 02:52 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

When I brought Weeble in, he was just a few days old, so I kept him away
from the others for his own safety - even though they were curious as to
what that noisy little creature that was getting all the attention was...

By the time he was old enough to 'get around on his own' (climb out of his
nest-box without help from me) the others had decided that they really
didn't want much to do with him, but that one shot of Tennessee hissing at
Weeble was taken when we had Weebs out on the bed for a bit of exercise,
Tennessee jumped up in an effort to get some attention too, noticed Weeble
and sniffed him (they actually touched noses), decided he didn't want nuttin
to do with him and hissed at him, then Tennessee fled the room. Lizzie is
only about 1.5 years old, so she's still got enough kitten in her system to
find Weeble an interesting toy, but we kept an eye on their 'play' at first,
until we found out that Weeble was rougher with Lizzie than Lizzie was with
Weeble - she seems to know that Weeble is a kitten and when she 'attacks'
him, she does no harm (except to his pride), where as she now has some marks
on her nose where Weeble was a bit too rough with her, and bit/scratched
her, but he's still a kitten and doesn't know the difference between 'play'
fighting and 'real' fighting, but he's learning.

My suggestions for your new kitty is to keep her isolated in a separate room
for a while (we used a spare bedroom/office for Lizzie) until she shows
curiosity about the 'world outside'. A 'cage is really no help for a cat,
they just want out! Once she shows interest, lock the existing cat up in
another room, and let new kitty out to explore for a few hours, then lock
her back in 'her' room and release the other cat. After a while of doing
this EVERY day, letting the new kitty out for longer & longer periods, you
can start letting her out WITHOUT locking up your existing cat, since by now
they've gotten used to their scent. But you need to supervise them! Reward
your existing kitty with treats or hugs/kisses if he shows no hostility
toward new kitty, and same to the new kitty. Since your new kitty is 5
years old, and was the only cat in her previous home, this may take weeks to
months and it's a pain, but it is the most 'stress free' way to introduce a
new cat, and she still may seek refuge in 'her' room from time to time
(Lizzie does, and we've had her for almost a year now).

Old November 12th 03, 05:36 AM
Luvskats00

My suggestions for your new kitty is to keep her isolated in a separate room
for a while....A 'cage is really no help for a cat, they just want out!

Unfortunately, Nellie newbie - the 5 year old adult female - doesn't appear to
use a litterbox. I have her isolated in my bedroom. She peed on my bed for 2
nights (using the litterbox for peeing the first night only. After that, she
hasn't used it.) She deficated on my quilt on the 3rd night.

I realize that she has a high level of stress: being taken from her home, put
into a shelter for a month, coming to a new home w/a cat, having that cat jump
on her several times..being shuttled to the vet for 3 days for exam & dental
cleaning (she wasn't keeping food down..she's received a clean bill of health,
though). I spend time with her in the bedroom (even though my other cat is
crying on the other side of the door). What can I do to teach her to use the
box?

Old November 12th 03, 06:05 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Try keeping her in a bathroom for a few days, with litterbox and food/water.
It's much easier to clean a bathroom floor than it is a mattress. Keep the
litter clean, and maybe even try 2 litterboxes (Weeble likes to poo in one,
pee in the other)