OT - A Fund For Brooke

Old February 26th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - A Fund For Brooke

I really hate doing this, it comes way too close to spamming, but my
daughter and her family are in really dire straits. As most of you know
they lost everything they owned in Katrina and had to start their lives over
from scratch (except that they still had to pay the bills they'd made for
the things they lost). They had to refinance their home when it was no more
than a slab and some studs after the storm, before they could even start to
rebuild. Rearing three daughters is an expensive process even in the best
of times. Add to that the fact that my daughter can no longer work because
she can't leave Brooke alone at the hospital, and you have a recipe for
financial disaster.

They have insurance, but their co-pays, out-of-pocket expenses, and drugs
and treatments that are not covered are becoming astronomical. A friend of
theirs, Ryan Mallu, has set up a donation account with Capital One Bank,
"The Brooke Salazar Donation Account". He is asking people to please donate
even a dollar or two to help defray the cost of the cancer treatment. If
you are able, I would so appreciate you making a small donation at any
branch of Capital One Bank to the above referenced account.

I apologize for doing this, it makes me feel awful, but for my Brooke I will
swallow my pride and ask for the help they need - I am helping them all I
can, but with Ben out of a job that isn't very much.

I won't bring this up again, I promise.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old February 26th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Suggestion: Contact the Cancer Research groups regarding getting
serious advice and help. That is what they are there for. A few
dollars here and there won't be enough. I am sure a list of them can be
found online.

Many years ago (when my son was 12) he developed a bone tumor on his
knee. A man in our same office building had a 15 year old son who
developed the same thing. He contacted the Cancer research group and
they supervised and paid for everything. I did not know about this type
of guidance and paid for it all myself.

Purrs that your family will find the guidance and help they need badly.
MLB
Old February 26th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

kilikini first worked with the Susan B. Koman foundation, and then with the
doctors at the Mayo Clinic. She was unemployed and so was her husband.
Somehow she found organizations that would pay for her medical care. It
takes a lot of phone calls and a lot of research. But you can find them if
you really try.

Jill

Old February 26th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Don't feel that way please. In situations like this, it isn't unusual
for an entire community to be asked to help out. I'm sure the kids
at her school will have fund raisers etc.

What are we anyway, if not at least your community?

Jo

Old February 26th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Thanks! I didn't know about that either, but I will certainly mention that
to my daughter when I talk to her today.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 26th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message
Don't feel that way please. In situations like this, it isn't unusual for
an entire community to be asked to help out. I'm sure the kids at her
school will have fund raisers etc.

What are we anyway, if not at least your community?

Jo

Thanks, Jo, I know I've always felt that way in all the years I've been
posting here!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 26th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
your already close to a stroke stress, Lee, really praying for brook and
you

Thank you, Lee. I have to admit it is stressful, which is why I'm trying
now more than ever to find peace in any part of my life that I can.

Speaking of which, we are having a "Restorative Yoga" class twice a week
during lunch at my place of business. I tried it once since my surgery (as
some of you may remember I was really big into yoga before I had my
accident) but it was *really* too painful for me to continue. But I am
wondering if there is a modified yoga that you might do alongside Physical
Therapy that wouldn't be as painful. Forgoing that, is there a form
meditation that might work as well for stress (though I've never been big
into meditation since I have ADHD and am WAY too distractable)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 27th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in message
your already close to a stroke stress, Lee, really praying for
brook and you

Thank you, Lee. I have to admit it is stressful, which is why I'm
trying now more than ever to find peace in any part of my life that
I can.

Speaking of which, we are having a "Restorative Yoga" class twice a
week during lunch at my place of business. I tried it once since my
surgery (as some of you may remember I was really big into yoga
before I had my accident) but it was *really* too painful for me to
continue. But I am wondering if there is a modified yoga that you
might do alongside Physical Therapy that wouldn't be as painful.
Forgoing that, is there a form meditation that might work as well
for stress (though I've never been big into meditation since I have
ADHD and am WAY too distractable)?

Hugs,

I'd go to the yoga class anyway. Unless you are more competitive than
I am and would try to overdo.

There was a year when I was quite ill, that I watched the Lilas yoga
on TV and I don't think my own progress got much past the sponge. I
still found it relaxing.

Jo

Old February 27th 09, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

you will need to do a search but there are many forms of yoga, and also do a
search on "square" breathing, Lee

Old February 27th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

and i just remembered, I meant to tell you i have read a couple of articles
about meditation and ADHD, supposedly there is benifit in just sitting for
10 minutes at a time quietly and physically still that helps both stress and
concentration, Lee