OT - A Fund For Brooke

Old February 27th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - A Fund For Brooke

"Stormmee" wrote in message
you will need to do a search but there are many forms of yoga, and also do
a search on "square" breathing, Lee

Thanks, I think I'm going to give that a try - I sure don't want to go the
medication route. With the pain meds I'm taking it would be hard to get
everything in balance again - not to mention that *I* would be out of
balance till then and can't afford to be!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in message
your already close to a stroke stress, Lee, really praying for brook and
you

Thank you, Lee. I have to admit it is stressful, which is why I'm trying
now more than ever to find peace in any part of my life that I can.

Speaking of which, we are having a "Restorative Yoga" class twice a week
during lunch at my place of business. I tried it once since my surgery
(as some of you may remember I was really big into yoga before I had my
accident) but it was *really* too painful for me to continue. But I am
wondering if there is a modified yoga that you might do alongside
Physical Therapy that wouldn't be as painful. Forgoing that, is there a
form meditation that might work as well for stress (though I've never
been big into meditation since I have ADHD and am WAY too distractable)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 27th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in message
your already close to a stroke stress, Lee, really praying for brook and
you

Thank you, Lee. I have to admit it is stressful, which is why I'm trying
now more than ever to find peace in any part of my life that I can.

Speaking of which, we are having a "Restorative Yoga" class twice a week
during lunch at my place of business. I tried it once since my surgery
(as some of you may remember I was really big into yoga before I had my
accident) but it was *really* too painful for me to continue. But I am
wondering if there is a modified yoga that you might do alongside
Physical Therapy that wouldn't be as painful. Forgoing that, is there a
form meditation that might work as well for stress (though I've never
been big into meditation since I have ADHD and am WAY too distractable)?

Hugs,

I'd go to the yoga class anyway. Unless you are more competitive than I
am and would try to overdo.

There was a year when I was quite ill, that I watched the Lilas yoga on TV
and I don't think my own progress got much past the sponge. I still found
it relaxing.

Jo

That's a good idea! The yoga instructor is also the mother of the
16-year-old boy I was telling you about who went through the same things
Brooke is going through (she's the wife of a guy I used to work for*). She
was up here yesterday and brought me a "care kit" to send to Erin for
Brooke. She had bottles of Probiotic, the prescription mouthwash for the
mouth sores Brooke is having, three different toothpastes made especially
for that, a protein drink, and a bunch of other stuff. I over-nighted it to
Erin so she could start using it all today. That was a life-saver, because
that's the type of things that Brooke needs but aren't covered by insurance
since most are OTC, but even one of those toothpastes is almost $20 - add in
all the other stuff and it would have cost into the hundreds of dollars.

Anyway, through all this I can count myself lucky to have friends to support
me while I try to support my daughter and granddaughter, and I am very, very
appreciative of that.

* Her son started a web site and foundation called "The Rippel Effect" at
http://www.therippeleffect.com/ He set it up to help other teens who have
Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 27th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I so hate medication that i really look for other alternatives, sometimes
you have to take a pill so i try and save my nerve for that, good luck, Lee

Old February 27th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

trying to stay focused on the good things that come from this is what will
save you and help to strengthen your family, It sounds odd to say good will
come of it, but she showed great compassion and generosity in giving you
those things, and that can truly make you feel there are good people out
there, Lee
"CatNipped" wrote in message

Old February 27th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
trying to stay focused on the good things that come from this is what will
save you and help to strengthen your family, It sounds odd to say good
will come of it, but she showed great compassion and generosity in giving
you those things, and that can truly make you feel there are good people
out there, Lee

Oh, that is so true! If nothing else, cancer will make you re-examine what
you think is important in your life! ;

There have been so many people who were able to do nothing else but say a
prayer, yet those were just as comforting to hear about.

You know, I've always been really independent - taking way too much pride in
always taking care of myself and my own and not having to ask for favors.
And that's fine, up to a point. But in some ways I thing the universe chose
to show me that we're not put here on earth as independent creatures but
were made to work together with each other, help each other, nurture each
other. I could let false pride keep me from asking help for myself, but I
can't let false pride keep me from asking help for Brooke.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Old February 27th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

totally agree, one thing that got me through a rough times was the 3 things
rule, Gramby remindd me of it recently, after you get through with your
nightly ritual, whatever that is, you know feed animals, take bath say
prayers, have snack, just before going to bed, in a little note book, not a
big one, you want to limit the space, put the date at the top of the page,
then write at least 3 good things that you experienced/have/thought of
today... some days it was I woke up... and some days i doubt that is a good
thing... but then after i think of the third one i am always grateful i did
wake up... and generally go back to the prayer part and express my thanks...
sounds a bit hookey but it really helps me... and when you are at a loss you
can go back and read the days and it will really help, Lee

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Old February 28th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"CatNipped" wrote in message

She had bottles of Probiotic, the prescription mouthwash for the
mouth sores Brooke is having, three different toothpastes made especially
for that, a protein drink, and a bunch of other stuff.

Are the mouth sores from the chemo? My dad will be starting chemo next
week. He had the thing (can't remember what they called it, but basically a
catheter) put in this week for it.

Purrs and prayers continue for your grandbaby and family and you.

Old March 2nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

She had bottles of Probiotic, the prescription mouthwash for the
mouth sores Brooke is having, three different toothpastes made especially
for that, a protein drink, and a bunch of other stuff.

Are the mouth sores from the chemo? My dad will be starting chemo next
week. He had the thing (can't remember what they called it, but basically
a catheter) put in this week for it.

Purrs and prayers continue for your grandbaby and family and you.

Yes, they're from the chemo. The chemo strips your body of all its natural
defenses and you pick up every single germ or virus that's going around.
There are mouth rinses and toothpastes that help (other wise it would be too
painful to eat or drink or brush your teeth).

Hugs,

CatNipped