OT - UK / Aussie Dr. Who Fans?

Old August 22nd 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - UK / Aussie Dr. Who Fans?

Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just wondering
is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of season six?

TIA!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 22nd 11, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spock-n-Persephone

On Aug 22, 1:37*pm, CatNipped wrote:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? *It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". *I'm not asking for spoilers, just wondering
is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of season six?

TIA!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", *maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: *L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)
Old August 22nd 11, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/21/2011 10:44 PM, Spock-n-Persephone wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:37 pm, wrote:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just wondering
is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of season six?

TIA!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)

Oh, that's surprising! I thought you guys got them ahead of us. We're
just now seeing the second half of season six (I think it's episode
seven?), this coming Saturday. I wish I could tape it and send it to
you, but we no longer own a working VCR. I don't even know if you can
still buy them (of course Ben could probably find one on eBay). But
things like this are the only reason I'd get one. You can copy TV shows
to VCR, but we have "Xfinity" which has a library of TV shows from
almost every season (or at least the latest seasons) of every show. I
just now, over the last few days, had myself a Dr. Who marathon,
watching all of season five and the first half of season six.

I did enjoy my amble 'round the block, but it did take a lot out of me -
I had a nice lay-down afterwards. I don't think it was the exertion as
much as the heat (although we had a record low humidity of only 47% -
for some reason - it didn't rain - it's back up to a more normal 74%,
still low for Houston, but closer to normal). I love meeting the
masters when I walk, but I do worry about them. I would say our
neighborhood was a "quiet" one, but as I mentioned we do have the crazy
teenagers who drive like maniacs, and are allowed to drive drunk by
their ignorant parents (they're the ones who buy the thousands of
dollars of fireworks for their children to shoot off, even though that's
outlawed here, so I'm not all that surprised, just sad for them - the
teenagers, not their parents).

Old August 22nd 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
CatNipped typed:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just
wondering is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of
season six?

Not yet in Australia - trailers are being advertised as 'Coming Soon' which
means it should be on in about 2 weeks time. Can't wait!!!

Yowie

Old August 22nd 11, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/21/2011 11:46 PM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
typed:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just
wondering is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of
season six?

Not yet in Australia - trailers are being advertised as 'Coming Soon' which
means it should be on in about 2 weeks time. Can't wait!!!

Yowie

Next Saturday for us so we must be back in sync and I can quit envying
you! ;

Have you seen / are seeing the new Torchwood series titled "Miracle
Day"? If you haven't, you've missed a *scorching* hot sex scene of
Captain Jack Harkness and some bartender guy (just a fling, not a
recurring character). I do miss all the rest of the Torchwood team
though (not Gwen and her husband, they're both seen in this series), and
I'm not crazy about the American FBI guy (the character, not the actor
of whom all I know is that he's cute).

Old August 22nd 11, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
CatNipped typed:

Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/ Email:
[...]

This season there was a weird break in the middle, or alternatively the UK
folks have TV seasons a different way around than we do (much like the
school 'year' in Northern Climes does not correspond with the calendar
'year'). The last episode we saw, some time ago now (but still in 2011) was
'A Good Man Goes to War' - where we find out the origin of Professor River
Song

Yowie

Old August 22nd 11, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/22/2011 12:00 AM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
typed:
On Aug 22, 1:37 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yep, that was the last episode of season six that we saw - half way
through season six (I think I was wrong, I think it must have been
episode seven, not six, but it was titled "A Good Man Goes to War") and
then we had to wait *months* for the second half of the season. But
they know Dr. Who fans would wait forever for new episodes, we watched
the *old* ones over and over again!

Old August 22nd 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Spock-n-Persephone" wrote in message
On Aug 22, 1:37 pm, CatNipped wrote:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just wondering
is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of season six?

TIA!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards,
at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)

***

Tish! It's great to see a post from you! I haven't seen one in a long
time. In case you see my post to Yowie in another thread, I did remember
your name just after I hit "send". I was going to send a P.S. to that
effect, but I was waiting for my post to appear.

Joy

Old August 22nd 11, 09:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spock-n-Persephone

On Aug 22, 3:47*pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

*waves at Joy* :-)
I don't respond much any more, partly because I access the group
through google and, as everyone knows, it's a PITA to use and has been
having major outages lately.

xx
Tish
Old August 22nd 11, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

The only use I have for a VCR these days is to copy tapes to DVD, which
is a rare event now.
--
Adrian