OT - UK / Aussie Dr. Who Fans?

Old August 22nd 11, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT - UK / Aussie Dr. Who Fans?

Spock-n-Persephone wrote:

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)

Just curious, has Torchwood: Miracle Day, been shown in Australia yet?

--
Adrian
Old August 22nd 11, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just
wondering is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of
season six?

TIA!

It will be shown for the first time next Saturday. I have set 2 PVRs to
make sure I don't miss it.
--
Adrian
Old August 22nd 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/22/2011 4:12 AM, Adrian wrote:
wrote:
Has anyone on that side of the pond seen our "new" Dr. Who yet? It's
titled "Let's Kill Hitler". I'm not asking for spoilers, just
wondering is it standing up to the excellence of the first half of
season six?

TIA!

It will be shown for the first time next Saturday. I have set 2 PVRs to
make sure I don't miss it.

LOL! We did too. Hello fellow geek! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 24th 11, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Adrian typed:
Spock-n-Persephone wrote:

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)

Just curious, has Torchwood: Miracle Day, been shown in Australia yet?

Yes, but on pay-tv only. Although we get pay-tv, it is shown at 8:30pm on a
Saturday night - and clashes with Iron Chef on a free-to-air channel.
Normally, I would happily miss Iron Chef to see Captain Jack, err,
Torchwood, but in this case, watching Iron Chef together has become a family
tradition, and The Yowlet gets to stay up late just to watch it. Besides
which, the Yowlet is not always asleep by 8:30pm, and therefore following a
show that starts at 8:30pm where you *need* to see the start of each episode
to understand the rest of not just that episode, but the whole series, is
not possible. Not to mention that whilst Dr Who is 'watch behind Dad' kind
of scary, Torchwood is entirely unsitable for young Yowlets to watch. We
simply couldn't watch it with him around even if we let him stay up
ridiculously late to do so.

Apparently one of the free-to-air channels has picked it up for re-runs (the
same channel that showed the other Torchwood seasons), but will only screen
it on one of its digital subsidary channels, rather than its 'main' channel.
Maybe I'll get to see it then.

If Torchwood was shown on the ABC like Dr Who is, I'd be able to stream it
*for free* at any time for two weeks after the first braodcast. Why the ABC
didn't pick it up in the first place is beyong me, and is very frustrating.

Old August 24th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/23/2011 6:27 PM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
typed:
wrote:

The TV station (in Australia) that shows Dr Who is teasing us with
"New Season Coming Soon", so the answer is a regretful "no".

Tish (so happy to read of your amble around the block and the lovely-
sounding kitties who greeted you)

Just curious, has Torchwood: Miracle Day, been shown in Australia yet?

Yes, but on pay-tv only. Although we get pay-tv, it is shown at 8:30pm on a
Saturday night - and clashes with Iron Chef on a free-to-air channel.
Normally, I would happily miss Iron Chef to see Captain Jack, err,
Torchwood, but in this case, watching Iron Chef together has become a family

Loving that pun!

[...]

I understand, this would definitely not be something for Yowlet's eyes.