Rob's second Chemo session

Old September 23rd 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Default Rob's second Chemo session

tanadashoes wrote:

I know he's not doing his best as Huey, QC, and Merlin have taken position
on the bed near him and Tanada is on a blanket at the foot of the bed. Qui
Gun Kit, Sonya, and Pine Cone have looked in, decided that the bed is full
and gone into Mike's room instead. The owners are worried about him, I

Sending loadsa purrs for Rob to feel better soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 23rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Purrs and positive thoughts for Rob to feel better soon, and for
strength
for all of you. I can only imagine how hard it must be. Rob, you and
your family are in my thoughts.

Debbie

On Sep 23, 12:05*am, "tanadashoes" wrote:
I don't know what it is, I *take Rob in for his chemo, and as soon as he's
hooked up to the IVs, I fall asleep. *Four hours later, he's fed (a courtesy
for the patients, care givers fend for themselves), rested, unhooked from
the IVs and I take him home.

I thought we were going to get by without Ralph calling as Rob had taken
anti nausea medications earlier, but they must have worn off. *The bathroom
is clean now. *Poor Rob. *He never got sick more than once every couple of
years and the only times he got this ill were from chemo. *I think it is
worst for those who aren't used to being ill. *He gets so embarrassed when
he gets sick, and no matter how many people tell him that there's nothing to
be upset about, he still gets upset.

I know he's not doing his best as Huey, QC, and Merlin have taken position
on the bed near him and Tanada is on a blanket at the foot of the bed. *Qui
Gun Kit, Sonya, and Pine Cone have looked in, decided that the bed is full
and gone into Mike's room instead. *The owners are worried about him, I
think.

Pam S. *also worried

Old September 23rd 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs and prayers coming for you and Rob.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

worried about him, I think.

Pam S. also worried

Old September 23rd 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

tanadashoes wrote:
I don't know what it is, I take Rob in for his chemo, and as soon as he's
hooked up to the IVs, I fall asleep. ...

I know he's not doing his best as Huey, QC, and Merlin have taken position
on the bed near him and Tanada is on a blanket at the foot of the bed. Qui
Gun Kit, Sonya, and Pine Cone have looked in, decided that the bed is full
and gone into Mike's room instead. The owners are worried about him, I
think.

hugs for you and Rob, purrs for everyone, and sending good
thoughts for best outcomes all around...

Deborah
slave to the Magnificent Seven

Old September 24th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Purrs and prayers coming your way from the Northwest.

Sam and Ramona, supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 24th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

owners are worried about him, I think.

Pam S. also worried

Purrs for Rob, for you and for everyone else in your family (furry and
otherwise).

I think I told you when Dad was going through chemo for both bouts of
lymphoma he drank L-Glutamine powder dissolved in juice. He swore it kept
him from feeling ill. One of the nurses at the Naval hospital whispered to
him about it the first time around. She said if the doctors heard her
telling patients about it they'd get angry. But most of her patients swore
by it.

Jill

Old September 25th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , tanadashoes
wrote:
[...]

You and Rob are in my prayers. I wish I could do more.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I also wish we could do more. Hugs to you and
(((((((((((((((Rob)))))))))))))))) too.

Love,
Bev

Old September 25th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

I am thinking of you and Rob and your owners.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old September 26th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Susan M" wrote in message

I am thinking of you and Rob and your owners.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and purrs. Rob is incredible and the
owners are not letting him be alone. Right now there are only three cats on
the bed with him. A couple more are on perches near his side of the bed,
and the rest are scattered around the house. They take turns with him. His
most devoted nurses are Huey, Merlin, and QC. Tanada and Qui Gun Kit also
take up positions. Sonya comes in for comic relief (she was wrestling with
Huey earlier and he was laying on his back so that he could bunny kick her
better. So she leaped into the air and sat on his tummy. He had to roll
both of them off the bed to get rid of her) and Pine Cone has been keeping
me company. I think he wants another Mouser story.

Pam S.