A new name for Buffy the Garage Cat

Old August 3rd 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default A new name for Buffy the Garage Cat

Since it was pointed out that Buffy's new human would likely change his
name, I have chosen another name for him.

His new name is Lucky, the name of my beloved RB tuxedo kitty. She's
been waiting for me at the Bridge since 6/9/1999 :-(

I figure that Lucky is a good name, since he has obviously been on his
own for a considerable length of time, but has no injuries, or obvious
illness.

Then, he decided to move into, or hide, in my garage. That was lucky for
him.

And, because he has lost so much weight, he's lucky to still be here, at
all.

And he survived several days in my garage, with no food or water, before
I realized he was still hiding in there. That is very lucky, as it has
been very hot here.

But despite all that he's been through, I feel lucky that he chose me to
save him.

So, Lucky is now his official name,

Well, for the time being, anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 3rd 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Gandalf"
[...]

Yes, yes he is Lucky indeed, for all the right reasons,
especially choosing you to save him.

Scritches to Lucky from us....
Hug
Kyla

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 3rd 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

A good name, and good reasons for it.

Lindy is so named because we were both lucky to find each other at the
animal shelter.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old August 3rd 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

Lucky is indeed lucky. You're doing a fine job with him and, please keep us
updated with his information. The little guy just tugs at one's heart
strings.

Pam S

Old August 3rd 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

I don't understand what was wrong with "Buffy"! (I know you discovered
the cat was a neutered male, when you had thought it was a female, but
what is gender specific about either "Buffy" or "Lucky"?)