OT, but cute: raccoon family

Old August 3rd 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default OT, but cute: raccoon family

I use the local wildlife as garbage disposers - their game trail to the
pond runs between my house and workshop so I'm not attracting them by
throwing out food: they come that way by themselves. I also use them to
dispose of leftover kibble. Tonight, there was quite a bit, but no garbage
except a bit of watermelon rind. Raccie and her four coonlets got a feast
anyway when I threw out the kibble (Raccie isn't afraid of me and knows I
am a food supplier, but I don't try to approach or disturb them - but I
just had to go to the open door and take the picture).

67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old August 3rd 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I use the local wildlife as garbage disposers - their game trail to
the
pond runs between my house and workshop so I'm not attracting them
by
throwing out food: they come that way by themselves. I also use them
dispose of leftover kibble. Tonight, there was quite a bit, but no
garbage
except a bit of watermelon rind. Raccie and her four coonlets got a
feast
anyway when I threw out the kibble (Raccie isn't afraid of me and
knows I
am a food supplier, but I don't try to approach or disturb them -
but I
just had to go to the open door and take the picture).

67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

Can't get there from that link.

Also trying to remember, baby raccoons are called kittens aren't they?

Jo

Old August 3rd 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I use the local wildlife as garbage disposers - their game trail to the
pond runs between my house and workshop so I'm not attracting them by
throwing out food: they come that way by themselves. I also use them to
dispose of leftover kibble. Tonight, there was quite a bit, but no garbage
except a bit of watermelon rind. Raccie and her four coonlets got a feast
anyway when I threw out the kibble (Raccie isn't afraid of me and knows I
am a food supplier, but I don't try to approach or disturb them - but I
just had to go to the open door and take the picture).

67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and
Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

OMG, they're fluffy!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 3rd 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:31:47 -0700, Jofirey wrote:

Can't get there from that link.

Also trying to remember, baby raccoons are called kittens aren't they?

I can't post complete links in original messages (Individual.net blocks
them), only in replies: the comlete link is
http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

Kits, or pups.

Old August 3rd 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:56:08 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

OMG, they're fluffy!

I don't see how thay survive the heat with all that hot fur, but they
don't even wait for the cool of the evening befoe coming out - these are
often here about sundown while it's still horribly hot.

Old August 3rd 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry

Jofirey wrote:
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
[...]

Suspicious of a numeric address, I first tried to
ping 67.54.246.139 ,it was recognized, but no response.
so 67.54.246.139 must be down.
Now re-trying one day later, still no reponse.
Old August 3rd 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:31:47 -0700, Jofirey wrote:

Can't get there from that link.

Also trying to remember, baby raccoons are called kittens aren't
they?

I can't post complete links in original messages (Individual.net
blocks
them), only in replies: the comlete link is
http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

Kits, or pups.

Oh, they are so cute! And almost round. Their mama is taking good
care of them.

Jo

Old August 3rd 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 2, 8:12�pm, Ted Davis wrote:
I use the local wildlife as garbage disposers - their game trail to the
pond runs between my house and workshop so I'm not attracting them by
throwing out food: they come that way by themselves. I also use them to
dispose of leftover kibble. Tonight, there was quite a bit, but no garbage
except a bit of watermelon rind. �Raccie and her four coonlets got a feast
anyway when I threw out the kibble (Raccie isn't afraid of me and knows I
am a food supplier, but I don't try to approach or disturb them - but I
just had to go to the open door and take the picture).

�67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

I love racoons. They look like little teenaged hoodlums running around
in the yard at night.
Unfortunately, I had to quit throwing garbage over the fence like I
used to. We not only had
too many racoons, we had a bad influx of these giant field rats.
Sherry

Old August 3rd 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

I use the local wildlife as garbage disposers - their game trail to the
pond runs between my house and workshop so I'm not attracting them by
throwing out food: they come that way by themselves. I also use them to
dispose of leftover kibble. Tonight, there was quite a bit, but no garbage
except a bit of watermelon rind. Raccie and her four coonlets got a feast
anyway when I threw out the kibble (Raccie isn't afraid of me and knows I
am a food supplier, but I don't try to approach or disturb them - but I
just had to go to the open door and take the picture).

http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/mis...oon_family.jpg

Gorgeous!! Even though I know that they can be dangerous to my cats
(and possibly to me, if they felt threatened or very annoyed by me), I
still think raccoons are adorable. And they make the cutest sounds, too,
I love that chittering noise.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 3rd 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:31:47 -0700, Jofirey wrote:

Can't get there from that link.

Also trying to remember, baby raccoons are called kittens aren't they?

I can't post complete links in original messages (Individual.net blocks
them), only in replies: the comlete link is
http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/misc.pictures/wildlife/coon_family.jpg

Jo,

When someone posts an incomplete link (such as "www.somplace.com") I
hit the "reply" button and then edit the text to put an "http://" in front
of it. Then it becomes a live link.

And then, if I feel like it (as in this situation with Ted's raccoon
pictures), I'm all set to post a reply. (If I don't need to post a reply,
I can just delete the reply message.)

--
Joyce ^..^