Savannah cats banned from Australia

Old August 3rd 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Savannah cats banned from Australia

Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African serval -
have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high threat to native
fauna.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...9-2761,00.html (and
other places around)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old August 3rd 08, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

On Aug 3, 6:33 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African serval -
have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high threat to native
fauna.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...61,00.html(and
other places around)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

And a jolly good thing too!

Tish
Old August 3rd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Yowie wrote:
Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African
serval - have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high
threat to native fauna.

Now I don't understand this - isn't ALL Australian fauna AND flora
poisonous (BIG grin)?

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old August 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African
serval - have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high threat to
native fauna.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...9-2761,00.html (and
other places around)

Yowie

I'm not surprised. Imported fauna have already done way too much damage in
Australia.

Joy

Old August 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Tish" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 6:33 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African
serval -
have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high threat to native
fauna.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...61,00.html(and
other places around)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

And a jolly good thing too!

Tish

Unless they could be trained to hunt and eat only rabbits? ;-)

Joy

Old August 3rd 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

No cluons were harmed when Yowie wrote:
Savannah cats - crosses between domestic cats and the wild African
serval - have been banned in Australia as they pose a very high
threat to native fauna.

Now I don't understand this - isn't ALL Australian fauna AND flora
poisonous (BIG grin)?

Only to humans. Cats appear to be immune to most of our bites & stings for
some reason.

Yowie

Old August 3rd 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Now I don't understand this - isn't ALL Australian fauna AND flora
poisonous (BIG grin)?

Only to humans. Cats appear to be immune to most of our bites & stings for
some reason.

Maybe because cats didn't evolve along with the rest of the ecosystem?
The poisonous animals needed to develop poisons that would kill or
disable the animals (prey or predators) in the environment, but cats
weren't there, so there's no reason why their poisons had to hurt cats
at all. Just a theory.

--
Joyce ^..^