Mickey is home

Old August 19th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Mickey is home

And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

Old August 19th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message
And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

Purrs continue for Mickey.

Jill

Old August 20th 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/19/2011 4:27 PM, Pat wrote:
And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

Did they give you pain medication for him?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 20th 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/19/2011 4:27 PM, Pat wrote:
And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

Oh, and, of course, many, many purrs on the way for his swift and
complete recovery.

Old August 20th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 19, 5:27*pm, "Pat" wrote:
And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

Purrs for his recovery, which seems to be starting well.

WooToo thinks beef baby food sounds almost as good as her kibble.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 20th 11, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote

Did they give you pain medication for him?

No. We asked for them, but Dr. said the only pain he will have will be
during a BM and then only if the stool is not very soft. They gave stool
softener.

He really seems to feel fine. In fact if he slips out of Dave's room, he
wants to run all over the place and play with everyone.

Old August 20th 11, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/19/2011 8:22 PM, Pat wrote:
wrote

Did they give you pain medication for him?

No. We asked for them, but Dr. said the only pain he will have will be
during a BM and then only if the stool is not very soft. They gave stool
softener.

He really seems to feel fine. In fact if he slips out of Dave's room, he
wants to run all over the place and play with everyone.

Gawds, I can't imagine that! I saw my surgeon today and he "snipped"
what he said was nerveless scar tissue between two openings in my wound
and even after *lots* of pain killers I'm still over the moon in pain.
Major stomach surgery like that has got to hurt. But I guess the
creature best in the world at hiding pain would not show it. I can't
help it, that has got to hurt - my cats squeal when I step in a stray
tail. But I also know he'll get better soon and will definitely forget
all about the pain, and his pain, like mine, is a *GOOD* thing because
it means we're alive when we probably both should have been dead, so
never mind, he's probably running around giddy from that. ;

Old August 20th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
catlady

On Aug 19, 8:22*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote

Did they give you pain medication for him?

No. We asked for them, but Dr. said the only pain he will have will be
during a BM and then only if the stool is not very soft. They gave stool
softener.

He really seems to feel fine. In fact if he slips out of Dave's room, he
wants to run all over the place and play with everyone.

**** you for not insisting on pain meds and not filing a board
complaint against a vet that refuses pain meds to a cat that just had
such an invasive surgery. Neither of you should be able to come within
100 miles of any feline. You are both animal abusers.
Old August 20th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

And he's eating! (beef baby food - can't say I blame him for refusing a/d)

He has a very long, ghastly looking (angry red) stapled up incision - will
post a pic of it later - but seems happy and comfortable.

We are thrilled that's he back and doing so well.

I'm really glad to hear it! It's so nerve-wracking when something is
wrong and you have no idea what it is.

I guess it's petro-malt and a lot of brushing for Mickey!

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson
Old August 20th 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default [Sorry, Lori, this demands a recipe!] Chicken Stew with Cornmeal Dumplings (WAS: Mickey is home)

"Catlady" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 8:22 pm, "Pat" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote

Did they give you pain medication for him?

No. We asked for them, but Dr. said the only pain he will have will be
during a BM and then only if the stool is not very soft. They gave stool
softener.

He really seems to feel fine. In fact if he slips out of Dave's room, he
wants to run all over the place and play with everyone.

**** (snip know-it-all troll attack)

Chicken Stew with Cornmeal Dumplings
(adapted from the American Heart Association Cookbook, 25th anniversary
edition)

The Stew:

4 boneless chicken breast halves (about 2-1/2 lbs), skinned
5 c. water
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried basil, crumbled
1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
1/4 tsp. salt (I'm more generous with it than that)
1/4 tsp. ground sage
1/4 tsp. pepper (I use cayenne, I like spice!)
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 medium yellow (crookneck) squash, sliced

Cornmeal Dumplings:

1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. cornmeal
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
dash of black pepper
1 large egg
1 Tbs. vegetable shortening
1/4 c. non-fat milk

Combine all the stew ingredients except the squash and bring to a boil over
medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, 30 minutes or
until chicken is tender. Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the stew
mixture. (It doesn't take long for summer squash to cook.)

Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings. Blend together the dry ingredients and
cut the shortening into the mixture with a fork. Add the egg and milk and
stir until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the bubbling hot stew. Cook
uncovered 10 minutes, then cover and cook 10 minutes more.

Jill