Hey, JOE

Old July 2nd 03, 04:01 AM
Laura A. Robinson

Default Hey, JOE

Grow the **** up. Note that I'm removing the no archive header from
this post JUST SO THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN SEE THAT I THINK YOU ARE A
****ING IDIOT. Stupid jackass.

Laura
Old July 2nd 03, 05:15 PM
Ellie Pea

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:01:20 GMT, Laura A. Robinson wrote:

Grow the **** up. Note that I'm removing the no archive header from
this post JUST SO THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN SEE THAT I THINK YOU ARE A
****ING IDIOT. Stupid jackass.

Laura

I *know* I'm gonna regret this but Laura, power down hun and go stroke your
cat, it'll do you the world of good!

Old July 3rd 03, 10:44 AM
Ellie Pea

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:31:04 GMT, Laura A. Robinson wrote:

circa Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:15:19 +0100, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Ellie Pea ) said,
Grow the **** up. Note that I'm removing the no archive header from
this post JUST SO THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN SEE THAT I THINK YOU ARE A
****ING IDIOT. Stupid jackass.

Laura

I *know* I'm gonna regret this but Laura, power down hun and go stroke your
cat, it'll do you the world of good!

I did. All better now. :-)

Laura

Neat :0D

Old July 3rd 03, 07:02 PM
David S.

"Laura A. Robinson" wrote in message
.net...

Grow the **** up.

I've always found this expression fascinating. To me, it relates that a
**** can be planted, fertilized, watered, and grown like a plant. Once the
**** has grown, however, it obviously makes noise that is either loud or
annoying in frequency, hence the expression "shut the **** up". I have
always wanted to see a picture of the process by which a **** is grown or
quieted. I've never seen it on HG or DIY TV.

The expression "get the **** out", however, is clear and requires no further
explanation. I wouldn't at all be surprised if there are folks who are
allergic to **** plants. And what they might do to cats is beyond
comprehension.

David ------ who would "get a ****ing clue" if Home Depot sold them, but
he would defer to Ms. Laura on their relation to agriculture. :-D

Old July 3rd 03, 07:14 PM
Joe Canuck

Laura A. Robinson wrote:

Grow the **** up. Note that I'm removing the no archive header from
this post JUST SO THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN SEE THAT I THINK YOU ARE A
****ING IDIOT. Stupid jackass.

I'm not sure you think.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old July 4th 03, 02:22 AM
David S.

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
.. .

I'm not sure you think.

Oh, Joe, sure she does. Not only does she think, but she relates those
thoughts in a very direct and efficient way. Let me show you:

1. Grow the **** up.

We know she means you, Joe, because of her use of imperative mood. The
"you" is understood, and you are mentioned by name in the subject line.

She uses "****" in the figurative rather than the literal sense. She is
bringing into question the extent of your maturity and stating that you
should increase in maturity beyond that which you have already shown in your
posts to her. She is very direct here. Two stark ideas in only four words.
There is very definitely thinking involved here.

2. Note that I'm removing the no archive header from this post JUST SO
THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN SEE THAT I THINK YOU ARE A ****ING IDIOT.

There are many thoughts here, Joe.

In a prior thread you made a condescending comment on her use of the "no
archive header". You implied that she was hiding her arguments behind it
because they were weak and misinformed. She responded about why she uses
the "no archive header", and her reason did not sync up with your
evaluation. I believe that your act of condenscension precipitated the
aggravated tone you are encountering here. And the use of tone implies
thinking.

In this thread, just to make sure that you understand the depth of her
conviction that you are a ****ing idiot, she removed the "no archive
header". This means that she intends for two things to happen: a) the whole
world will know what she thinks, and b) the whole world will know it in
perpetuity. In one sentence she conveyed an aggitated tone, the size of her
audience, and the length of her audience's attention.

3. Stupid jackass.

In only two words she has related her opinion of your lack of intellect and
obtuse character. Efficiency doesn't get much better than this. There are
two more concepts here, Joe.

Hence, your assertion that she doesn't think is refuted by the very evidence
you are criticizing. Moreover, the tone and efficiency of her language
demonstates many products of thought.

You aren't very good at this verbal exchange thing, are you, Joe? You must
be new to this Usenet stuff.

David