Bird Feathers in the shower

Old May 21st 04, 06:57 PM
Wulfdog

Default Bird Feathers in the shower

Anyone wake up in the morning or come home to bird feathers in the shower,
or worse yet bird beaks, legs, feathers and guts on the carpet? Our cats
are the best fed cats in Oklahoma, but they still love to have a good ole'
bird murder weekly. We sometimes catch them and pry the bird out of their
teeth long enough to set them free, but they usually bring them in thru the
cat door during the day while we're at work. Our neighbor finally stopped
feeding the birds next door and the problem has lessened. I guess female
cardinals are either slow or easy to see, cause they appear more often than
everything else. We have also jumped up on the couch and went for the
extended reacher when Mr. Lisbon brings a live bat in the house. That only
happens on Halloween and various other evenings.

Old May 21st 04, 07:07 PM
Wulfdog

Yep, I agree Sherry. Untill we moved to town, I never saw one of our farm
cats catch a cardinal. Like I say though, the problem has lessened since
the neighbor stopped feeding the birds in our back yard.

John
"Sherry " wrote in message
I guess female
cardinals are either slow or easy to see, cause they appear more often

than
everything else.

Oh, no! Not cardinals! You need to have a serious talk with those cats.

:-)
Seriously, my cardinals are so shy. I don't think they'd be very easy at

all to
catch. Your cardinals are either much tamer than ours, or your cats are
excellent hunters.

Sherry

Old May 21st 04, 07:20 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Anyone wake up in the morning or come home to bird feathers in the shower,
or worse yet bird beaks, legs, feathers and guts on the carpet?

Doesn't everyone???

On a slightly more serious note, my three rarely go for birds, small rodents
being the favoured prey.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 21st 04, 08:03 PM
Jo Firey

My least favorite is live baby birds served as breakfast in bed. When I'm
still sound asleep. Current cat has a "soft mouth". Likes to catch but
seldom injures of kills anything. Which makes them really hard to catch and
release once they are inside and loose.

Jo
news

Old May 21st 04, 09:02 PM
Wulfdog

One of the 6 and a bird took down a shadow box full of Harmony Kingdom
Treasure Jests. Each of the 10 chests worth $45 PLUS were chipped or
broken.
I guess it was our fault for not having it cat proof.

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
My least favorite is live baby birds served as breakfast in bed. When I'm
still sound asleep. Current cat has a "soft mouth". Likes to catch but
seldom injures of kills anything. Which makes them really hard to catch

and
release once they are inside and loose.

Jo
"Wulfdog" wrote in message
news
[...]

Purr Request for a hoomin and a bird Stacey Cat anecdotes 12 January 30th 04 12:14 AM
Bird Shadows a song parody SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 1 January 12th 04 05:19 AM
Bird in basement Ann Cat anecdotes 2 January 11th 04 07:40 PM
Peach Faced Love Bird jmcquown Cat anecdotes 7 December 8th 03 09:32 PM