A mystery

Old August 17th 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default A mystery

On 8/16/2018 7:55 PM, Tigger wrote:
joy wrote:
On 8/4/2018 7:34 PM, Tigger wrote:
Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

Cats are not capable of doing this deliberately, their brains don't
work
that way.Â* What is probably happening is they eat, and then decide
to have
a drink afterwards, and there is some kibble still in their mouth when
they drink, which then goes into the water.
I think it's that simple, tbh.

Simpler explanation maybe - kibble nuggets can bounce. My cat
will often go after them, but not always (I have to pick them
up and put them back in the bowl).

How far apart the bowls?

Maybe 6-8 inches.Â* I do find kibble on the floor too.Â* However, there is
always at least one piece in the water and never more than three. Usually
it's two.Â* That just doesn't seem random to me.

And three much less two kibbles is a bit much to be in its mouth
to make it to the water bowl, though eat-drink-repat in one or more
eating sessions might do it. (So much for the dainty eting rep...)

My cat's kibbles are roundish and bounce and roll well, too well
when stepped on with bare feet in the dark.

I suggest setting up a camera.

The kibbles my cats get are also round. Because of the suggestion, I
moved the water bowl a little farther from the food dishes. They were
all in a straight line. Now the water dish is a few inches away from
the line. Since I've done that, I've found two pieces of kibble in the
water once, one a couple of times, and there have been a couple of days
when there were none at all. I suspect bouncing was the answer after all.
Old August 17th 18, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

[...]

Follow the bouncing kibble! :-)

Old August 21st 18, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

[...]

We found a kibble on the stairs today, so I don't think it was a bounce. They're fairly large, so I'm not sure how it would have gotten stuck in her teeth.
Old August 21st 18, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

[...]

They do like to keep us guessing, don't they?
Old August 21st 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

[...]

The kibbles my cats get are also round.Â* Because of the suggestion, I
moved the water bowl a little farther from the food dishes.Â* They were
all in a straight line.Â* Now the water dish is a few inches away from
the line.Â* Since I've done that, I've found two pieces of kibble in the
water once, one a couple of times, and there have been a couple of days
when there were none at all.Â* I suspect bouncing was the answer after
all.

We found a kibble on the stairs today, so I don't think it was a
bounce. They're fairly large, so I'm not sure how it would have gotten
stuck in her teeth.

They do like to keep us guessing, don't they?

They're probably beaming little pieces of kibble while communing with
the mothership. In the slow blink of a kitty eye, it's over there.

Jill
Old August 21st 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

[...]

Damn, time to adjust the shield frequency again, unless she's do site to site transports. =^.^=
Old August 21st 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/20/2018 7:36 PM, joy wrote:

They do like to keep us guessing, don't they?

They're probably beaming little pieces of kibble while communing with
the mothership. In the slow blink of a kitty eye, it's over there.

Jill

Damn, time to adjust the shield frequency again, unless she's do site to site transports. =^.^=

We must remain vigilent!

The only things transported in my house seem to be golf balls or other
toys in the living room. I wake up in the morning and things have been
moved around. There's a perfectly logical explanation for that: she
plays when I'm asleep.

Jill
Old August 24th 18, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On 8/20/2018 7:36 PM, joy wrote:

They do like to keep us guessing, don't they?

They're probably beaming little pieces of kibble while communing with
the mothership. In the slow blink of a kitty eye, it's over there.

Jill

Damn, time to adjust the shield frequency again, unless she's do site to site transports. =^.^=

We must remain vigilent!

The only things transported in my house seem to be golf balls or other
toys in the living room. I wake up in the morning and things have been
moved around. There's a perfectly logical explanation for that: she
plays when I'm asleep.

Jill

Yes Smokey sneaks off in the night to drain the kibble bowl; she will not eat kibble at any other time. Something to do with the secrecy of it all or maybe just desperation.
Old August 26th 18, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Tina wrote:
On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:

Cats are not capable of doing this deliberately, their brains don't work
that way. What is probably happening is they eat, and then decide to
have
a drink afterwards, and there is some kibble still in their mouth when
they drink, which then goes into the water.
I think it's that simple, tbh.

Simpler explanation maybe - kibble nuggets can bounce. My cat
will often go after them, but not always (I have to pick them
up and put them back in the bowl).

How far apart the bowls?

Maybe 6-8 inches. I do find kibble on the floor too. However, there is
always at least one piece in the water and never more than three. Usually
it's two. That just doesn't seem random to me.

And three much less two kibbles is a bit much to be in its mouth
to make it to the water bowl, though eat-drink-repat in one or more
eating sessions might do it. (So much for the dainty eting rep...)

My cat's kibbles are roundish and bounce and roll well, too well
when stepped on with bare feet in the dark.

I suggest setting up a camera.

The kibbles my cats get are also round. Because of the suggestion, I
moved the water bowl a little farther from the food dishes. They were all
in a straight line. Now the water dish is a few inches away from the
line. Since I've done that, I've found two pieces of kibble in the water
once, one a couple of times, and there have been a couple of days when
there were none at all. I suspect bouncing was the answer after all.

Excellent work!

Thought of one other factor that works against the Bounce Theory (tm).

How high is lip of the water bowl? Not only does the kibble have to
cover distance, it may have to cover height.

YAY!!!!! Mystery Solved CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 4 September 4th 11 12:43 AM
International Cat of Mystery Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 March 27th 06 05:34 AM
It's a Mystery... polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 7 May 23rd 04 12:08 PM
it's a mystery! Brenda Cat anecdotes 8 March 15th 04 12:39 AM
Please help the mystery cat Lotte Cat rescue 22 February 26th 04 09:55 PM