Cat pee on Carpet

Old October 13th 19, 09:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
[email protected]

Default Cat pee on Carpet

On Tuesday, 19 September 2000 02:32:04 UTC+2, David Combs wrote:
What I do is first get some paper-towells and
soak up as much as I can, with the towells.

THEN, I pour hot water on the spot, the idea
being that that water will mix with and take up
or disolve or whatever lots of the rest of the pee,
let it do its thing for a minute or so, then get
big sponge ("boat sponge"?), get it wet and then
wring dry, and press it on top of now VERY wet spot,
and release pressure gently -- idea being that sponge
will soak up water/pee mixture, and wring into
pan I bring to spot, and keep doing that to get
as much as I can.

Then maybe once more, pour on hot water, do sponge
treatment again.

---

We also bought a bottle of cat de-pee stuff (I invented
that name; I forget what it's called) that you're supposed
to squirt onto the cat-pea spot -- but seems to me
that that leaves the pee-chemical IN the rug, WITH
the ADDITIONAL chemical from the bottle, whereas the
soak-it-up method REMOVES it from the rug, which, to
my feeble mind, seems better.

David

PS: note that I added "rec.pets.cats.misc" to the newsgroup-list.

On Saturday, 22 April 2000 09:00:00 UTC+2, Matthew Hough wrote:
I am currently having problems with my cat weeing in my house.It weed the
other day by the door.The smell was terrible.It is a female cat called
Nora.I was wondering how I could stop her from doing this in the future.Is
there a type of spray or something?

thank you

Matthew Hough

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.