Memorial Service for Mme. Anaïs begins..

Old June 4th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast

Default Memorial Service for Mme. Anaïs begins..

The temple doors swing open. Inside the temple cats have laid out
cushions and flowers on the lapis blue floor, polished smooth by
millennia of padded feet, incense fills the air. Hercule Lenoir is at
the organ, playing Anaïs favorite Bach Tocattas. In the center, on a
small table is a picture of Anaïs. Porters twinkle as kitties arrive
and file in. In her black robes, Mau arrives at the altar, and all is
silent. She black as night herself, her green eyes and the emerald
scarab around her neck sparkling.

"Meow, my fellow cats! We come together for a sad occasion, our Anaïs
has left this mortal coil to now travel to a higher, spiritual place.

She was loved by many, including us here at the Temple, but
especially her human, who is heartbroken that his little companion is
now gone but not forgotten.

Anycat who wishes may now come up and meow a few words..."

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt
Old June 4th 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Serge D.

Anaïs was a soft and gentle creature whose little padded feet walked
into my life a little over eight years ago. She was always a perfect
little lady-cat, never knocking over the piles of books and
bric-a-brak that fill my small apartment, never complaining about
anything. We became best friends quickly: she would sit on the
radiator cover next to the table and have breakfast and
dinner with me; we slept together every night. While I read in bed,
she snuggled up against me, turning on her back to offer her soft,
little belly for caresses - if I was absorbed in my book, she gently
took my hand in her front paws and put it on her belly.

She was the most wonderful gift I have ever received; she taught me
what true, unconditional love is. I miss her terribly. I will never
forget her. If there is a message in her passing it is this, from Nat
King Cole's "Nature Boy" which I hope he will forgive me for changing
"boy" to "cat":

There was a cat
A very strange enchanted cat
They say she wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy
And sad of eye
But very wise
Was she

And then one day
A magic day she came my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This she said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

My little Anaïs loved me, and I loved her in return.....

--
Cordially,

Serge D.
6/4/2011 12:05:02 PM
Old June 4th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Miz Piglett goes to the front. Da poem I wantz ta read for urself is about
a kitty who had to leaf itz hooman. Anais was not a kitty in years but
always young of heart and I know she will miss her hooman as she waits. Diz
iz long but bootifulz.
The Loving Ones

The little orange boy stopped. Behind him, kitties were playing, chasing
each other and wrestling in the warm sunshine. It looked like so much fun,
but in front of him, through the clear stillness of the pond's water, he
could see his mommy. And she was crying.
He pawed at the water, trying to get at her, and when that didn't work, he
jumped into the shallow water. All that got him was wet and mommy's image
danced away in the ripples. "Mommy!" he cried.
"Is something wrong?" The little orange boy turned around. A lady was
standing at the edge of the pond, her eyes sad but filled with love. The
little orange boy sighed and walked out of the water.
"There's been a mistake," he said. "I'm not supposed to be here." He looked
back at the water. It was starting to still again and his mommy's image was
coming back. "I'm just a baby. Mommy said it had to be a mistake. She said I
wasn't supposed to come here yet."

The kind lady sighed and sat down on the grass. The little orange boy
climbed into her lap. It wasn't mommy's lap, but it was almost as good. When
she started to pet him and scratch under his chin like he liked, he started
to purr. He hadn't wanted to, but he couldn't help it.
"I'm afraid there is no mistake. You are supposed to be here and your mommy
knows it deep down in her heart," the lady said. The little orange boy
sighed and laid his head on the lady's leg. "But she's so sad. It hurts me
to see her cry. And daddy too."
"But they knew right from the beginning this would happen." she said. "That
I was sick?" That surprised the little orange boy. No one had ever said
anything and he had listened when they thought he was sleeping. All he had
heard them talk about was how cute he was or how fast he was or how big he
was getting. "No, not that you were sick," the lady said. "But you see, they
chose tears."
"No, they didn't," the little orange boy argued. Who would choose to cry?
The lady gently brushed the top of his head with a kiss. It made him feel
safe and loved and warm - but he still worried about his mommy. "Let me tell
you a story," the lady said.

The little orange boy looked up and saw other animals gathering around.
Cats - Big Boy and Snowball and Shamus and Abby and little Cleo and Robin.
Merlin and Toby and Iggy and Zachary. Sweetie and Kamatte and Obie.
Dogs too - Sally and Baby and Morgan and Rocky and Belle.
Even a lizard named Clyde and some rats named Saffron and Becky and a
hamster named Odo. They all lay down near the kind lady and looked up at
her, waiting.
She smiled at them and began:

A long long time ago, the Loving Ones went to the Angel in Charge. They were
lonesome and asked the Angel to help them. The Angel took them to a wall of
windows and let them look out the first window at all sorts of things -
dolls and stuffed animals and cars and toys and sporting events. "Here are
things you can love," the Angel said. "They will keep you from being
lonesome." "Oh, thank you," the Loving Ones said. "These are just what we
need." "You have chosen Pleasure," the Angel told them.
But after time the Loving Ones came back to the Angel in Charge. "Things are
okay to love," they said. "But they don't care that we love them." The Angel
in Charge led them over to the second window. It looked out at all sorts of
wild animals. "Here are animals to love," he said. "They will know you love
them." So the Loving Ones hurried out to care for the wild animals. "You
have chosen Satisfaction," the Angel said.
Some of the Loving Ones worked at zoos and wild animal preserves, some just
had bird feeders in their yards, but after a time they all came back to the
Angel in Charge. "They know we love them," they told the Angel. "But they
don't love us back. We want to be loved in return." So the Angel took them
to the third window and showed them lots of people walking around, hurrying
places. "Here are people for you to love," the Angel told them. So the
Loving Ones hurried off to find other people to love. "You have chosen
Commitment," the Angel said.
But after time a lot of Loving Ones came back to the Angel in Charge.
"People were okay to love," they said. "But sometimes they stopped loving us
and left. They broke our hearts." The Angel just shook his head. "I cannot
help you," he said. "You will have to be satisfied with the choices I gave
you."

As the Loving Ones were leaving, someone saw a window off to one side and
hurried to look out. Through it, they could see puppies and kittens and dogs
and cats and lizards and hamsters and ferrets. The other Loving Ones hurried
over. "What about these?" they asked. But the Angel just tried to shoo them
away. "Those are Personal Empathy Trainers," he said. "But there's a problem
with their system operations."
"Would they know that we love them?" someone asked. "Yes," the Angel said.
"Would they love us back?" another asked. "Yes," the Angel said.
"Will they stop loving us?" someone else asked. "No," the Angel admitted.
"They will love you forever." "Then these are what we want," the Loving Ones
said. But the Angel was very upset. "You don't understand," he told them.
"You will have to feed these animals." "That's all right," the Loving Ones
said.
"You will have to clean up after them and take care of them forever." "We
don't care."
The Loving Ones did not listen. They went down to where the Pets were and
picked them up, seeing the love in their own hearts reflected in the
animals' eyes. "They were not programmed right," the Angel said. "We can't
offer a warranty. We don't know how durable they are. Some of their systems
malfunction very quickly, others last a long time."
But the Loving Ones did not care. They were holding the warm little bodies
and finding their hearts so filled with love that they thought they would
burst.
"We will take our chances," they said.
"You do not understand." The Angel tried one more time. "They are so
dependent on you that even the most well-made of them is not designed to
outlive you. You are destined to suffer their loss."
The Loving Ones looked at the sweetness in their arms and nodded. "That is
how it should be. It is a fair trade for the love they offer."
The Angel just watched them all go, shaking his head. "You have chosen
Tears," he whispered.

"So it is," the kind lady told the kitties. "And so each mommy and daddy
knows. When they take a baby into their heart, they know that one day it
will leave them and they will cry." The little orange boy sat up. "So why do
they take us in?" he asked. "Because even a moment of your love is worth
years of pain later."
"Oh." The little orange boy got off the lady's lap and went back to the edge
of the pond. His mommy was still there, and still crying. "Will she ever
stop crying?" he asked the kind lady. She nodded. "You see, the Angel felt
sorry for the Loving Ones, knowing how much they would suffer. He couldn't
take the tears away but he made them special."
She dipped her hand into the pond and let the water trickle off her fingers.
"He made them healing tears, formed from the special water here. Each tear
holds bits of all the happy times of purring and petting and shared love.
And the promise of love once again.

As your mommy cries, she is healing. "It may take a long while, but the
tears will help her feel better. In time she will be less sad and she will
smile when she thinks of you. And then she will open her heart again to
another little baby." "But then she will cry again one day," the little
orange boy said. The lady just smiled at him as she got to her feet. "No,
she will love again. That is all she will think about." She picked up Big
Boy and Snowball and gave them hugs, then scratched Morgan's ear just how
she liked.
"Look," she said. "The butterflies have come. Shall we go over to play?"
The other animals all ran ahead, but the little orange boy wasn't ready to
leave his mommy.
"Will I ever get to be with her again?" The kind lady nodded.
"You'll be in the eyes of every kitty she looks at. You'll be in the purr of
every cat she pets. And late at night, when she's fast asleep, your spirit
will snuggle up close to her and you both will feel at peace. One day soon,
you can even send her a rainbow to tell her you're safe and waiting here for
when it's her turn to come."

"I would like that," the little orange boy said and took one long look at
his mommy. He saw her smile slightly through her tears and he knew she had
remembered the time he almost fell into the bathtub.
"I love you, Mommy," he whispered. "It's okay if you cry." He glanced over
at the other pets, running and playing and laughing with the butterflies.
"Uh, Mommy? I gotta go play now, okay? But I'll be around, I promise."

Then he turned and raced after the others.

- author unknown

We all needz ta fank Bast dat da hoomanz takez diz chance and lubez uz.
Anais you Loved and were Loved that is all any cat or hooman kan ask of diz
wurld. She wipes away a tear and sits down.

Old June 4th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Miz Piglett whispers to Stormee, yez I shudda chanjed Mommy to Daddy but I
waza kring too hard and figgered I would mess it up. Dat her was so lubed
iz what madderz.

Old June 4th 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

Serge D. wrote:

[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..."
It's hard to let you go. MLB
Old June 4th 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Anycat who wishes may now come up and meow a few words..."

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt

I lubt hur lyke uh sisfurr...
She tookt uz on menny wunnerful an creatiff adbenshurz,
an awlwayz aktid full of love and gnowledje bowt hur wurld.
Hur passing left a hole in Unka Serg'z...hur Daddy's... hart,
and in da hartz ov awl da community, boff kitteez an hoominz.
We mornz hur passing.

Pit2nya chokes up and can't say more

Old June 4th 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:04:08 -0400, "Mau, High Priestess - Temple of
Bast" wrote:

[...]

Beauty, Cinder and Spring 'port in wearing formal ribbons of mourning.
Beauty wishes that Mme Anais eets gud fudz at the Bridge, but Spring
and Cinder are too sad to say anything. They observe the proceedings.
Old June 4th 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Jun 4, 12:05*pm, "Serge D." wrote:
* * * * Ana s was a soft and gentle creature whose little padded feet walked
[...]

* * * * My little Ana s loved me, and I loved her in return.....

--
Cordially,

Serge D.
6/4/2011 12:05:02 PM

Dis saonz wike an egstra speshul wuff affare between a hoomin an a
kittee. snf.

I wroted a poewem in memory uf Mme. Anais.

O lufferly purrzhun wif creamsicle fur,
anda heart fill wif kindness,
I wish you wer heer
butted sinse you are not heer, I send you a purr
and a nosepoink, tew say dat how wunnderful lyfe wuz
wif yoo in dis wurld.

Yoor moss apurrsheatif fren,
MeOwy
Old June 5th 11, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

[Rebecca goes to the podium]

Anaïs wuz a frend uv mine. She had grate style an grase, an made
efurrykittee feel welkum. Resintly Fluffykitz had da onner uv welkummin
herownself as owrown soshul ebentz kordinater. She kordinatid owr resint
Jamaica ebent, an I lukked furward to werkin wif her on mennee projeckz to
kum. But it wuz not to be; she haz leeved ussez to go home to da Rainbow
Brij.

Why did she hav to leev? I duznt know. Maybe Bast had uther werk fur
herownself to do. Maybe evin da booty uv da Rainbow Brij kud not konsole
Tiger bein wifowt her, so Bast allowed her to joyn hizself. Whutever da
reezin, owr komoonitee iz da porer fur da loss, but we will go on, da richer
fur havvin knowed herself.

[Rebecca leaves the podium, goes to give Unka Serge a gentle headbutt, and
returns to her seat.]

Old June 5th 11, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

itz ok, ursef gifed a bootiful storee dat 'splanez it all juzt rite fur
hoominztsa unnerstand, sorrmmee

[...]

Tiger's Memorial Service begins... Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast Cat community 48 September 8th 10 11:23 PM
Tiger's Memorial Service Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 19 August 20th 10 05:40 AM
Memorial Service KaN Cat anecdotes 23 July 24th 05 04:18 AM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 05:52 AM