Espy gets a bird (happy ending)

Old June 10th 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Espy gets a bird (happy ending)

hopitus wrote:

If I may be pardoned for turning simplistic here.....cats are smarter
than birds,
if not faster. This is evened out and balanced by the fact that birds
have eyes
on both sides of their heads, which cats don't.My last: cats can't
fly.
My cats either were piggish or didn't love me as much as most do
(whole bird
offering) All I ever got from my cats was a gift of bird *feet*. But
at least, as they
say, the thoght is what counts.

Cats and other predators tend to catch birds that are on their own.
Birds in flocks or numbers of different species around feeders, tend to
be safer because there is always at least one to raise the alarm when a
predator is present.
--
Adrian
Old June 10th 11, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 9, 5:01 pm, Adrian wrote:
hopitus wrote:
[...]

Makes sense. I really believe due to our mutual experience with that
big black
condrum (or whatever the word is) bird on our deck a few months ago,
Snag is
not too interested in bird prey out there. He does enjoy his airborne
bug snack
prey.

*****
I've forgotten also. Was it cormorant? MLB
Old June 10th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 10, 12:01 am, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Jun 9, 5:01 pm, Adrian wrote:
hopitus wrote:
[...]

Uh, yeah. We met him. We didn't like him. I don't think he liked us
either.
Snag and I just about knocked each other over retreating to the living
room.
Bird flew off....he was not wet. We don't live near water. I don't
know WTF
he was doing on our deck.

http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/great-...-photo-15.html

You have these over in SLC? Maybe he came from there.

I really don't know whether they are in UT or not. There is a very
large bird refuge in Brigham City where migratory birds gather in the
spring but I haven;t been there since I was 17 = a hundred or two years
ago. Yesterday I saw a few quail ans some starlings and a duck! MLB
Old June 11th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 12:01 am, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Jun 9, 5:01 pm, Adrian wrote:
hopitus wrote:
[...]

Poor babies.. Jill just had an alligator in her yard!