[OT] Joyce's annual summer solstice obsession

Old June 16th 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [OT] Joyce's annual summer solstice obsession

Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

http://live.mila.is/tjornin/

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old June 16th 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 16.6.2011 3:33, wrote:
Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

http://live.mila.is/tjornin/

Well, it's very pretty. It's been cold and rainy here the past few days,
so it's been darker than normal here. Hoping for slightly better weather
so we can enjoy the light nights again.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old June 16th 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 16/06/2011 1:18 PM, Marina wrote:
On 16.6.2011 3:33, wrote:
Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

http://live.mila.is/tjornin/

Well, it's very pretty. It's been cold and rainy here the past few days,
so it's been darker than normal here. Hoping for slightly better weather
so we can enjoy the light nights again.

Darn, by the time I got to click on it looked like a very pretty place,
on a rather wet and miserable day!

Yowie
Old June 16th 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:
Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

http://live.mila.is/tjornin/

Joyce

A very pretty picture with lots of birds flying around. Are there any
really tall buildings in Iceland? Over here we seem to be building
higher and higher. Best wishes. MLB
Old June 22nd 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Joyce's annual summer solstice obsession

On Jun 21, 10:51*pm, Marina wrote:
On 16.6.2011 3:33, wrote:

Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

Just to rub it in: yesterday, on the 21st, the sun was up from 3:54 am
to 10:50 pm here in Helsinki. So, almost exactly 19 hours.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.

I am so jealous. I'd be happy if we had 19 hours of daylight every
day.
(I think...they say be careful what you wish for)

Sherry
Old June 22nd 11, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

wrote:

Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

Just to rub it in: yesterday, on the 21st, the sun was up from 3:54 am
to 10:50 pm here in Helsinki. So, almost exactly 19 hours.

Cool! One of the things that appeals to me about white nights is the
way that everything changes so slowly. My favorite time of day is the
last hour or so before sunset, when the sun is low in the sky, the
rays are at long angles to the earth, and everything is bathed in golden
light. So the thought that it's like that for *hours* sounds so lovely.

I was watching a web cam from St. Petersburg earlier today. But I guess
there's no point in looking at it now, since at 9:44PM California time,
it's 8:44 tomorrow morning there - big whoop, it's daylight. (Are
you in the same time zone, btw?)

I've also been continuing to watch the web cam in Reykjavik - they are
7 hrs ahead of CA, so right now it's 4:40 in the morning. I tried to look
at it just now, but it crashed my browser again - damn computer (or damn
Firefox, but I really think it's this low-memory computer).

Happy summer solstice! For that matter, happy *summer* from the Bay Area -
after a chilly spring, we are finally having some warm weather. I planted
a tomato in a gigantic pot on Sunday and put it in a sunny place, and I
swear, over the past 2 days, it's grown.

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old June 22nd 11, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 22.6.2011 8:01, wrote:
Marina wrote:

wrote:

Here's a live webcam in Reykjavik, Iceland. I'm posting at 5:30pm/17:30
in California, and it's 12:30am/00:30 in Reykjavik. Marina probably won't
be overly impressed with this, but I am.

Just to rub it in: yesterday, on the 21st, the sun was up from 3:54 am
to 10:50 pm here in Helsinki. So, almost exactly 19 hours.

Cool! One of the things that appeals to me about white nights is the
way that everything changes so slowly. My favorite time of day is the
last hour or so before sunset, when the sun is low in the sky, the
rays are at long angles to the earth, and everything is bathed in golden
light. So the thought that it's like that for *hours* sounds so lovely.

It is lovely. I've lived with them all my life, but our summer nights
still give me a special feeling, especially when I dream about them in
darkest winter. That's the price we have to pay, I guess.

I was watching a web cam from St. Petersburg earlier today. But I guess
there's no point in looking at it now, since at 9:44PM California time,
it's 8:44 tomorrow morning there - big whoop, it's daylight. (Are
you in the same time zone, btw?)

We're an hour behind St Petersburg, so ten hours ahead of you.

I've also been continuing to watch the web cam in Reykjavik - they are
7 hrs ahead of CA, so right now it's 4:40 in the morning. I tried to look
at it just now, but it crashed my browser again - damn computer (or damn
Firefox, but I really think it's this low-memory computer).

Happy summer solstice! For that matter, happy *summer* from the Bay Area -
after a chilly spring, we are finally having some warm weather. I planted
a tomato in a gigantic pot on Sunday and put it in a sunny place, and I
swear, over the past 2 days, it's grown.

So glad you finally got your summer! It's pretty cool here now, but I'm
fine with that. Rather cool than hot weather for me, thanks! In a couple
of weeks, I'll be packing up the cats and going out to the island for
some three or four weeks.