Weeble has a lump :(

Old June 15th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Weeble has a lump :(

Weeble was being ultra friendly last night while we were watching TV (my
lap most evenings is hogged by either Tennessee or Barney & Bam-Bam),
and as I was giving him his proper luvins, pettins & skritchins, I
noticed he has a lump on one of his rear legs (no, this is NOT a repeat
of the case where I found some extra lumps when he was a bitty and
getting belly rubbins and it turned out I was rubbin really far back on
his belly and they were his boy-bits).

Just once, when he was a kitten, he got a vaccination that was NOT
adjunct-free. He developed a lump at the injection site (yes, this was
reported to & checked by the vet), but it went away....

Now he has a lump on his left back leg (our vet has always given
vaccinations on rear legs, not at the scruff), and I do not remember if
it is the same leg or not (will probably be in his records at the vet's)

He goes in tomorrow morning (they have no vet on duty on Wednesdays)
bright & early. The bad thing is they recommended fasting, and Weeble
is sort of a chow-hound, so that will not be easy...

Needless to say, I was not able to sleep very well last night due to
worry over My Sweet Weebs....

Can I have some purrs, drools, & prayers for him???? Please???

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 15th 11, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_3_]

On Jun 15, 9:18*am, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Many purrs for you both! Keep us posted.

-Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old June 15th 11, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 15, 10:18*am, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Of course. I will alert the purr-givers and the chief drooler and
drooler's apprentice.

--
Will in New Haven

Old June 15th 11, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Purrs, purrs and more purrs are on the way (four from here and one from the
RB) - hoping this is only an abscess or fatty tumor.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old June 15th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

[...]

Many purrs and prayers for Weebs. I know VAS is the first thing that
you worry about,
but it's really not that common--there are lots of much more common
reasons for benign lumps and bumps,
prayers that this is the diagnosis. Please keep us updated.

Sherry
Old June 15th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Purrs and prayers are on the way.

The majority of lumps are harmless, and many that aren't can be safely and
completely removed. I hope this is.

When I was 14 years old, I discovered a lump in my breast. It was
surgically removed, and proved to be a benign cyst. Because of my
experience, one of my grandmothers did a self check (This was about 60 years
ago when they weren't so common) and discovered a lump. It turned out to be
malignant, and she had a mastectomy. Many years later, my other grandmother
also had a malignant lump and a mastectomy. Both of them lived for at least
15 years afterward and died of non-cancer-related causes.

Nearly every time I get a mammogram, one or more lumps are found, and they
follow up with an ultrasound. Every time the technician tells me, in a
reassuring tone, "It's just a cyst." By this time, I know that, so I'm not
at all worried.

Joy

Old June 15th 11, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

[...]

-- ------

In having some troubles with my Oscar, TED said to take away all food and
water for 24 hours. I'm like you with your sweet Weeb. The very thought of
Oscar not being able to eat or drink upset me b/c he wouldn't understand. I
ended up taking him to TED and having him spend the night there. That way
he could blame the evilness on TED and not me.

I pray Weeb's bump isn't anything too concerning!! Heck, I'll even do the
drooling for him!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old June 15th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

Purrs for Weebs!! Hoping it's nothing.

Joyce

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.
Old June 15th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 16/06/2011 12:18 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Purr, drool and lots of 'arfs'. Pepper doesn't wag, but she says 'arf' a
lot when she's happy to see people, so figure that is her variety ofpurr.

And prayers & thoughts from the two legs.

Yowie
Old June 16th 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default UPDATE: Weeble has a lump :(

TED thinks it is a cyst (too soft for sarcoma, not sore enough for an
abscess), they kept him and will remove it and send it to "the labs" to
be sure.

On 6/15/2011 10:18 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Lump in tail Clara Semps Cat health & behaviour 11 February 16th 09 09:17 PM
Lump on gum? SoundCat Cat health & behaviour 3 February 5th 06 12:41 PM
Cat has lump [email protected] Cats - misc 0 May 9th 05 04:48 PM
hairy lump! BC Cats - misc 5 January 26th 05 09:16 PM
Found a lump Linda E Cat health & behaviour 21 September 10th 03 11:18 PM