Purrrrss fur a sad Meowmie. Maui mite hafta find a noo home...

Old October 14th 04, 12:12 AM
Panda ov Toes

Default Purrrrss fur a sad Meowmie. Maui mite hafta find a noo home...

Oooh, is we effur walkin' softlee rite now...

Meowmie tuk Maui back to TED Bonnie tuday. Is almos 1 yeer since he
and da Blue came home frum dere, but dere has bin purroblems effur
sinse.

Maui was somewhut neglected/aboosed in his owld home and he is a
stresskitty. And, um, see, welll... Sprout an me aren't helpin' cuz
we'ze don't rilly like him. So Maui has not been tu gud at keepin'
going in his littur, and he starts peein' on carpits - poopin, tu -
effurry few weeks. TED Bonnie has checked and checked an' sez he
seems healfy, an he's bin on Prozac and meomie has bot so much
Nature's Miracle she finks she shud buy stock in it, but it keeps
happenin.

The guy-hoomin is rilly mad. Speshuly since the last spot Maui
startid peein is rite beside his haffa da big bed. Tuday, Meowmie
left and Maui was all happee and fed an' all and was effen being nice
an havving a pet wif da guy humin - and by de time meowmie got tu wurk
de guy humin has left yelling voicemails fur hur because Maui peed,
den ran away frum de guy and stuck under a low chair and pooped, den
kept poopin' effen wen put in de bafroom rite b-side his litter an
all.

So meowmie tuk him back to TED Bonnie. When she came home tu get him
an' take him he made it wurse cus he purred and smurgled like he
neffur has yet before. (Which is less than the rest of us do ALL THE
TIME, but lots fur him). He's gunna be tested fur sicks and hurts,
becuz he sumtimes seems strained about the litter and there sumtimes
seems A LOT of wadder gone frum de dish, but maybe he will haf tu
find a noo home wif no other kitties and no guy-humin. Makes meowmie
sad cuz he's already been rehomed an she feels bad cuz he kin be a
nize kitty. She nos TED Bonnie will either find him a gud home or
keep him fureffur (TED Bonnie has Maui's furst brother Purry), but she
is maken watery eyes tu haf to send him away an' cuz she cudn't help
make it all better.

She hates giving up on a hard luck case. I s'pose it's lucky fur us
all she does.

Iz not final yet.... TED Bonnie will tell us his tests and whut she
obzervs, and wants Meowmie to tell hur if fings change heer (like we
find owt someone ELSE is peein - I'm not tellin), an if Blue is OK
wifout her him-cat (she's had Maui sinze she wus a baby, but duzent
seem too interezted in him).
Old October 14th 04, 01:47 AM
ChildFree23

We is so sorry to hear this, Panda Ov Toes. Has Maui been
tried on Elavil (Amitriptyline) yet? It's supposed to have a
calming effect. Before GranMeowmie retired from TED's, she
knew a kitty who took it.

We will be purring for Maui to stay in his onetruehome with
youse (even if you don't like him).

Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight DOC, & Lilith
Kitten-Mahoney

Old October 14th 04, 03:07 AM
Amelia T Cat

ChildFree23 wrote:
We is so sorry to hear this, Panda Ov Toes. Has Maui been
tried on Elavil (Amitriptyline) yet? It's supposed to have a
calming effect. Before GranMeowmie retired from TED's, she
knew a kitty who took it.

We will be purring for Maui to stay in his onetruehome with
youse (even if you don't like him).

My sisfurs and brofur and I would like to second that idea about Elavil.
Our Grandmeowie had a bigbig d*g named Henry who had some nervous
problems, and Elavil helped him a lot. A change of medication might be
all it takes. That, and some patience. I know it's hard for hoomins to
be patient with kitties that pee in places the hoomins consider
inappropriate, but a change to medication might help.

Amelia
Old October 14th 04, 03:47 PM
Carol

We are purrin hard as we can...
Old October 14th 04, 05:18 PM
Miss Violette

we will pray and purr that it all works out, Miss Violette, terrified of all
male hoomanz except soft's Furry one
om...

Old October 14th 04, 05:37 PM
Panda ov Toes

Hmm. Meowmie will ask abowt Elavil.

Granmeowmie will fink dat's funny -*herownself* had elavil wunce fur
furry, furry bad depuression.

We mite also do more prozac. He tuk de prozac an' we FINK it helped
but it wus hard tu tell as he had peed in sum spots fur a wile befur
we fown' dem, and after de prozac we fownd more spots but din't no if
dey were noo or owld, an' den we tapered back on de prozac and din't
find enny for long time, den mor happined, etc, etc.

He iz stayin' at de vet fur a bit tho and meowmie is ABSOLUTELY
SOAKIN' all de 'partment in Nature's Miracle. We are reseerching
offer fings tu, as people haf reesintly recommended a wet-cleaner wash
wif lots of vinegar, an' lotsa rinses after. She is hopin dat totally
bombin all de stinks away effen dose she can't rilly smell mite help
him get back tu de litterbox.

We'ze also still need tests, becuze sum of his behavioor is weird.
Like when he got cot peein', he ran under a chair where he had to
squich flat to be dere, but he pooped unner dere, and one of de poops
"fired" way away, out behind de chair, like, a FOOT away frum where he
were. he sumtimes duzent seem to poop fur all days an'days, den
meowmie sees him in de litturboks tryin tu poop an he won't, den it
all goes BOOM and dere's lotsa poops and he runsrunsruns away.

He's kinda a gross cat, wich mite be why da Sprout!'n'me din't like
him, but meowmie still wants tu make it bedder if she can.

Panda-of-onlee-three-gurlkitties-fur-now-Toes
(da guy-humin called us de Yo Yo Sisterhud las nite)

Old October 15th 04, 04:19 PM
Panda ov Toes

*toesy-cat peeks in rownd corner, still tryin' not tu upset meowmie
more....*

Meowmie visitid Maui at TED Bonnie's today. He was so so so purry
happy to see hur. He din't want tu eet an' he din't want to jump
away, he just purred and rubbed all offur hur.

He seems fine. He luks gud. He duzn't want tu live in a cage but he
jus wont pee where he shud at home.

He effen peed wen meowmie an' TED were dere watchin. he meowed a bit
wile he were duing it, which was odd, but TED Bonnie sampled it an'
sed no blood, no sugar (ketones), no abnormal concentration... *sigh*.
Gud news and bad. Gud, cuz he's not sick. Bad, cus we can't find
whut tu fix.

Meowmie fownd a good "wurst case" solution, tho, effen if Maui has tu
find a noo TrooHome. Hur bestest humin frend, Anti Alison, offurred
to take him. Anti Alison's kitty Grizella died furry suddenly last
mumf, of unexpected hart failure. Grizella was not a nice kitty tu
anywun else, but she luvved Anti Alison an Anti Alison misses hur so
much. An Anti Alison came to visit an' liked Maui and Maui liked hur.
An anti Alison pointed owt, she has no carpits and lives in a crappy
building that no one cares abowt anyway. She also sez, after hur baby
humin niece barfin' on hur all de time, a bit of cat pee is no
purroblem.

She cannot afford de adoptions or vet fees for a brand-new kitty rite
now, but Maui wudn't cost anyfing as Meowmie alreddy paid alla his
bills. So, he wud haf tu go to anuffer citty an' all, but Meowmie cud
visit an if'n he rilly rilly wants tu be an Only or if he rilly rilly
is jus so upset dat we haf a guy-humin, mebbe dat wud not be so bad.
I meen, don't tell Meowmie, but WE wud like it dat way (an maybe I cud
haf a noo kitten den, shhhhh), but at leest hur hart wud not be so
broken cuz she cud go visit an effen bring him back heer to TED Bonnie
fur checkups an' she wud no how well he wud be takin care of.

So, she still keeps gedding waddermonster eyes rite now, but is not so
so sad.

Panda-ov-maybe-a-threesome-agin-Toes.... an' Sprout! and Blue, and
Maui (remotely for now)

Old October 15th 04, 07:32 PM
Amelia T Cat

He's kinda a gross cat, wich mite be why da Sprout!'n'me din't like
him, but meowmie still wants tu make it bedder if she can.

Panda-of-onlee-three-gurlkitties-fur-now-Toes
(da guy-humin called us de Yo Yo Sisterhud las nite)

That's very nice of your Meowmie. All the kitties in my house will be
purring for Maui.

Amelia