Question about catnip

Old September 1st 03, 01:35 PM
Jill McQuown

Default Question about catnip

I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in rpca. So
what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just sprinkling it all over the
carpet.

Jill

Old September 1st 03, 02:07 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Jill McQuown wrote:
I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in rpca. So
what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just sprinkling it all over the
carpet.

We sprinkle it on the scratching posts/surfaces for the cats to roll on. We
literally have a dozen of those all over the house. They *love* their
catnip.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 1st 03, 04:34 PM
Jill McQuown

Victor M. Martinez wrote:
Jill McQuown wrote:
I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in
rpca. So what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just
sprinkling it all over the carpet.

We sprinkle it on the scratching posts/surfaces for the cats to roll
on. We literally have a dozen of those all over the house. They
*love* their catnip.

Persia doesn't have claws. She has one cat perch; I suppose I could
sprinkle some of it on that and see if she likes it. Hmmm.

Jill

Old September 1st 03, 05:54 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:35:40 -0500, "Jill McQuown"
wrote:

I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in rpca. So
what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just sprinkling it all over the
carpet.

Jill

You can, like Victor said, put it on the scratching post and such. Or
what I do also is to put a little bit down on some newspapers on the
floor. With seven cats, we have a catnip *party*, of course! It's
too funny to watch all these guys sniffing, eating, and rolling around
on catnip.

Ginger-lyn

Old September 1st 03, 07:15 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jill McQuown wrote:

I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in rpca. So
what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just sprinkling it all over the
carpet.

Why not? I'm sure the cats would have no objection! grin I used to
lay a newspaper on the floor, and sprinkle it on that - of course, by
the time the cats were through with it, it was pretty much all over the
carpet, anyway. There are any number of cat toys with refillable
receptacles for catnip, or you can make your own catnip toys from old
stockings, etc. (If you have a catnip plant, the cats will do their own
nibbling.)
Old September 1st 03, 08:09 PM
Jill McQuown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Jill McQuown wrote:

Victor M. Martinez wrote:
Jill McQuown wrote:
I've seen it loose, in bags, and read about fresh catnip here in
rpca. So what do you do with it? I can't conceive of just
sprinkling it all over the carpet.

We sprinkle it on the scratching posts/surfaces for the cats to roll
on. We literally have a dozen of those all over the house. They
*love* their catnip.

Persia doesn't have claws.

In the light of some of your previous posts, why am I not surprised?

Why do I sense animosity? She *came* that way. I didn't adopt her; she
adopted me by crying at my back door and demanding to be let in. She was
left to run loose, defenseless, with only back claws. I do the responsible
thing and keep her inside. She's happy.

Jill

Old September 2nd 03, 03:29 PM
Diane

Hi Jill...
I buy loose catnip. You can also purchase little fake fur "mice" with hook
and loop tummies to stuff the catnip into. Or, you can do what I did... if
you have a sewing machine... make your own little "catnip-stuffed-toys" from
scraps of old blue jeans. The denim is very sturdy... yet allows the catnip
fragrance to escape and thus, entice your feline friends. Your cats will be
in la la land for hours with their catnip laced toys.
Did you know you can make a tea for human consumption from catnip?
Supposedly, humans can get a similar effect from the tea that cats get from
sniffing catnip.
Diane )

Old September 3rd 03, 06:56 AM
bewtifulfreak

Diane wrote:

Did you know you can make a tea for human consumption from catnip?
Supposedly, humans can get a similar effect from the tea that cats
get from sniffing catnip.

Wow, never knew *that*! May have to try it one of these days (why should
the cats have all the fun?)....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak