Louis **** remediation, Day 1:

Old May 20th 05, 05:37 PM
Janet B

On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:25:13 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

I would venture to say that you might have a better chance finding
a nice large house in Baltimore than many other cities--however,
it might be hard finding a nice one that is affordable in a decent
section of town.

Prices are through the roof, and then there's the property tax (twice
as high in B City as in any surrounding county), and higher car
insurance, etc. "They" sure do make it hard to be a homeowner in the
city. And all of the people who WORK in the city (and drive) live in
the 'burbs with lower insurance. Makes no sense at all. And city
residents get to pay property taxes AND have to pay for private
school, since the public schools are too awful for words (on the
average). My goddaughter goes to the HS for the arts, which is
wonderful, but not easy to get in to!

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 20th 05, 05:42 PM
bigbadbarry

Here ya go, Im still laughing at The Raven by Poe's Cat

The Black Cat
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/poe/works/blackcat.html

Old May 20th 05, 07:51 PM
bigbadbarry

I have very charged feelings about Baltimore and DC. Which way
they go depends on the day, you know?

The reading room sounds very nice; a good place to find your center, or to
have a field day in the playground of your mind.

In Richmond, Maymont Park is a good place to get jaded. I'd go there to
practice my Svengali. Maymont Park has lots of warm grassy hillsides,
flowering trellises, hidden brooks, and lover's lips being kissed rain or
shine. My accomplice could not resist laughter or the springtime. The place
is so huge, you walk forever, you wind up hungry, hot, sweaty and bored (I
mean that in the good boredom way).

I never visited the Poe Museum because the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts was
right around the corner. You can spend three days in the VMFA and never see
it all, although they are lacking in art from the renaissance period (which
is my favorite). Ah! The solace we find in like tormented minds.

If you couldn't find me here, I was at the James River defying death,
leaping over swift currents from rock to rock. There is an old power plant
still standing down there, if you're brave you can go inside; it's really
neat because the river has grown around it and through it. Once I took a
date there, it was our first date. I don't know why, I never questioned
this, but we ended up in a huge mud fight. From the crown of our heads to
the soles of our feet we were caked in a grey clayish mud. I took her home
like this.it was 2 in the morning, we sneaked ourselves in, but her Dad was
standing at the top of the stairs glaring down at the two of us. There we
stood two creatures made of clay, snickering and scared to move because we
were drying out and coming apart on all sides except for our pompodores.

Old May 21st 05, 03:07 AM

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

bigbadbarry wrote:
bigbadbarry wrote:
Noon Cat Nick wrote:

Newington. Never legally adopted, Poe took Allan's name for

his
middle name."

The Black Cat
1843

This writing is sad. I read it again today, it's been a while.
I had forgotten. Great Day! Poor cat. Regardless of Mr Poes

sickening
and worsening actions, he manages to never loose the sympathy of

the
reader. What is sympathy but pity, a form of love.

Have you read the parody "The Raven as Told by Poe's Cat"? Since

you're
a Poe fan, and a cat lover, I think you'd enjoy it.

I haven't! Got a link?

http://www.mentalsoup.com/mentalsoup/catraven.htm

Old May 22nd 05, 03:40 PM
bigbadbarry

Mary wrote:
"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
Bought a Feliway diffuser yesterday

all you had to do was put tape over the strike plate...let the cat

come
and go till he stops.

everything is not fixed with money, whats wrong with a wittle wit

At any rate, if this is stress-related, I'm hopeful that the

diffusers
will help. Notwithstanding Mary's crack-pipe hallucinations.

BLink

By any chance, did the word **** come outcha mouth at the vet...
there's women on here man!

Hee. I like when cretins show themselves.

Mary what does cretin mean?

Old May 22nd 05, 03:51 PM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
ups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
Bought a Feliway diffuser yesterday

all you had to do was put tape over the strike plate...let the cat

come
and go till he stops.

everything is not fixed with money, whats wrong with a wittle wit

At any rate, if this is stress-related, I'm hopeful that the
diffusers
will help. Notwithstanding Mary's crack-pipe hallucinations.

BLink

By any chance, did the word **** come outcha mouth at the vet...
there's women on here man!

Hee. I like when cretins show themselves.

Mary what does cretin mean?

Good morning, Barry!

It is slang for "idiot."

Go here to look stuff up, you just type the word in the box:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

I always thought of the meaning as "a very stupid,
crass, ham-handed, heavy-footed, loud-mouthed
idiot" but in fact, your question led me to look it
up and the meanings are fascinating. It actually
refers to a physical condition, and I had no idea
about that. Live and learn.